Why has Bumrah become so bad?

He leaks runs like anything. When I see him bowling, it's like I'm watching the legendary Umesh Yadav hurl deliveries. He keeps conceding fours.

I am convinced that Cummins is a significantly better ODI bowler than Bumrah. Just look at their stats in this series, and bear in mind Bumrah is bowling to much worse batsmen, and a team without Smith and Warner. 

Agreed he has looked avg in this series. In odi cricket where pitch & ball favours batsman he won't be totally unplayable. Kuldeep will be more impactful than him in future and even now. I think pitches didn't have much support and aus batsman played him better as well. He becomes more lethal when spinners pick more wickets in middle over but this hasn't been the case in this series. Still will be 2nd most important behind Kuldeep in worldcup. Shami will be 3rd option for me and not Chahal.

Edited by Nikola
Just now, Gollum said:

Keep convincing yourself, you ain't convincing anyone else buddy.

Cummins 46 ODIs, 77 wickets, avg 27.47, RPO 5.27

Bumrah 48 ODIs, 85 wickets, avg 21.69, RPO 4.53

That's like calling Dhoni a better batsman than Pant. Stats are not everything. Cummins is a better exponent of attacking cricket than Bumrah currently. Perhaps Bumrah is superior to Cummins if you, as a team, are happy to settle for defensive, imperfect and mediocre cricket. 

26 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

That's like calling Dhoni a better batsman than Pant. Stats are not everything. Cummins is a better exponent of attacking cricket than Bumrah currently. Perhaps Bumrah is superior to Cummins if you, as a team, are happy to settle for defensive, imperfect and mediocre cricket. 

You and your attacking cricket, philosophy, Barca, Australia yada yada.

The greatest chess player of all time Magnus Carlsen is a defensive master...your Pep Guardiola is an admirer/fanboy of the Norwegian. In chess it is widely accepted that the highest version of a World Champion will be a defensive master, all those cute tactics and gambits have gone out of favor. Kasparov is the greatest attacking GM of all time, guess what even he had to give up when he came up against a Maginot Line in the form of Kramnik's Berlin...Kramnik wasn't as gifted as GK but his philosophy triumphed. No human activity is more cerebral or philosophical than chess. Ask Garry if he would play Evans Gambit in this era? No need to ask him because he has gone on record to say he won't. 

The highest level of tennis is being played by another defensive maestro by the name of Djokovic. Not Laver, Sampras or Federer...but by a defensive wall who does nothing but counter-punch every attack, varying depth and angles until he wins the positional battle, depriving the opponent of space, however subtly making microscopic progress with every shot. 

Follow MMA? Who comes out on top generally, the striker or grappler? Put a striker in front of a wrestling/BJJ guy with equivalent physical attributes/experience/rank and watch how it unfolds. The so called boring grappling art is the one all fighters want to learn...Sambo/Judo/BJJ/Wrestling and not Boxing/Karate/Taekwondo/Muay Thai. Did you catch how Khabib ground McGregor to helplessness a few months back?

Besides how do you quantify attacking here? For a bowler it must be SR, guess what Bumrah strikes every 28.76 balls, Cummins every 31.27 balls. Only a fool will call Bumrah a defensive bowler, which other bowler searches for wickets in the middle and death overs? Bumrah is superior in ODIs than Cummins, be it attack or defense. If you want to draw conclusions based on a match or series I can prove Murali is a better batsman than Sachin. 

Edited by Gollum
2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

You and your attacking cricket, philosophy, Barca, Australia yada yada.

The greatest chess player of all time Magnus Carlsen is a defensive master...your Pep Guardiola is an admirer/fanboy of the Norwegian. In chess it is widely accepted that the highest version of a World Champion will be a defensive master, all those cute tactics and gambits have gone out of favor. Kasparov is the greatest attacking GM of all time, guess what even he had to give up when he came against a Maginot Line in the form of Kramnik's Berlin...Kramnik wasn't as gifted as GK but his philosophy triumphed. No human activity is more cerebral or philosophical than chess. Ask Garry if he would play Evans Gambit in this era? No need to ask him because he has gone on record to say he won't. 

The highest level of tennis is being played by another defensive maestro by the name of Djokovic. Not Laver, Sampras or Federer...but by a defensive wall who does nothing but counter-punch every attack, varying depth and angles until he wins the positional battle, depriving the opponent of space, however subtly making microscopic progress with every shot. 

Follow MMA? Who comes out on top generally, the striker or grappler? Put a striker in front of a wrestling/BJJ guy with equivalent physical attributes/experience/rank and watch how it unfolds. The so called boring grappling art is the one all fighters want to learn...Sambo/Judo/BJJ/Wrestling and not Boxing/Karate/Taekwondo/Muay Thai. Did you catch how Khabib ground McGregor to helplessness a few months back?

Besides how do you quantify attacking here? For a bowler it must be SR, guess what Bumrah strikes every 28.76 balls, Cummins every 31.27 balls. Only a fool will call Bumrah a defensive bowler, which other bowler searches for wickets in the middle and death overs? Bumrah is superior in ODIs than Cummins, be it attack or defense. If you want to draw conclusions based on a match or series I can prove Murali is a better batsman than Sachin. 

Pep Guardiola is a genius. It's as simple as that. Pep Guardiola is a super human being, a human whom I unfortunately cannot see India ever producing. There's no intelligence and philosophy in India and that's why it's the cricket team is so patently crap. The elite sportsmen are philosphers first, sportsmen second. 

My advice to you is to follow the philosophy of Pep Guardiola. Not taking risks is the biggest risk possible. Bumrah is a symbol of mediocrity. Compare him to the likes of McGrath and Ambrose. Can you not see how bad he is? Bumrah cannot be an elite matchwinner. The more Bumrahs India have, the more they become like South Africa. Defensive, dire and chokers. 

53 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

He leaks runs like anything. When I see him bowling, it's like I'm watching the legendary Umesh Yadav hurl deliveries. He keeps conceding fours.

I am convinced that Cummins is a significantly better ODI bowler than Bumrah. Just look at their stats in this series, and bear in mind Bumrah is bowling to much worse batsmen, and a team without Smith and Warner. 

It's just a match where it was difficult to grip the ball. He is the only saving grace in Indian bowling lineup overall no need to ridicule him.

34 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

Are you crazy you are calling best bowler in the world mediocre. 

10 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

Pep Guardiola is a genius. It's as simple as that. Pep Guardiola is a super human being, a human whom I unfortunately cannot see India ever producing. There's no intelligence and philosophy in India and that's why it's the cricket team is so patently crap. The elite sportsmen are philosphers first, sportsmen second. 

Pep is an ardent follower of Carlsen who in turn learnt his trade under Anand's wings as his second in 2008 and 2010 title matches. There goes your theory of no intelligence/philosophy in India. Unless you are a Pak! in which case I regret engaging with you, shed your complex about India. No intelligence or philosophy in India, do you even hear what your are saying?  Indian cricket team is cr@p for you, why even bother posting in an Indian forum. Follow teams who you don't think are cr@p. 

My advice to you is to follow the philosophy of Pep Guardiola. Not taking risks is the biggest risk possible. Bumrah is a symbol of mediocrity. Compare him to the likes of McGrath and Ambrose. Can you not see how bad he is? Bumrah cannot be an elite matchwinner. The more Bumrahs India have, the more they become like South Africa. Defensive, dire and chokers. 

Bumrah mediocre, bad, non-elite...no factual arguments to back anything. No counter-argument to my previous post. I am guessing you are here to troll huh....bugger off. Don't quote me in the future...carry on with these lame half-hearted posts and your stay on ICF will be a short one I guarantee.

Edited by Gollum
9 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

:hysterical:....and this guy think himself genius. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Pep is an ardent follower of Carlsen who in turn learnt his trade under Anand's wings as his second in 2008 and 2010 title matches. There goes your theory of no intelligence/philosophy in India. Unless you are a Pak! in which case I regret engaging with you, shed your complex about India. No intelligence or philosophy in India, do you even hear what your are saying?  Indian cricket team is cr@p for you, why even bother posting in an Indian forum. Follow teams who you don't think are cr@p. 

Bumrah mediocre, bad, non-elite...no factual arguments to back anything. No counter-argument to my previous post. I am guessing you are here to troll huh....bugger off. Don't quote me in the future...carry on with these lame half-hearted posts and our stay on ICF will be a short one I guarantee.

No, no, I am Indian, just like you. The difference is, I have a life, and I bang hot 10/10s.