Indian Elections | Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj | Netflix

PBN

It actually funny is patches.

any how such pieces are not meant to be taken seriously nor are they meant to be factually accurate. Ofcourse it will have  misinformation to get a laugh. So if you are one of those who even gets offended by a joke (basically all those who went after kohli after pant said he was scared of him) please dont watch it. 

On 3/26/2019 at 7:21 AM, FischerTal said:

Most of the laughter is forced. This is nothing but Minhaj’s lame attempt to be a desi Jon Stewart.... yawnnn

Have you hear of canned laughter. This sounds very much like it. The audience may have been paid to sit there and laughter mixed with the clip.

On 3/30/2019 at 4:46 AM, jf1gp_1 said:

It actually funny is patches.

any how such pieces are not meant to be taken seriously nor are they meant to be factually accurate. Ofcourse it will have  misinformation to get a laugh. So if you are one of those who even gets offended by a joke (basically all those who went after kohli after pant said he was scared of him) please dont watch it. 

It's not a question of being offended. That comedian is a nobody in India. This type of stuff is meant as propaganda rather than harmless comedy. He has also met Shashi Tharoor recently. I don't think it is coincidence. 

I googled and found the other comedian's name, John Oliver. He basically ran a similar comedy bit on his show during 2014 LS election. 

Both times they propagate the myth of Modi committing a genocide of muslims. Spreading disinformation and slandering India and it's prime minister with disproven bunkum isn't a harmless joke.   

just my 2 paisa

Edited by Moochad

Some people need to have a thick skin if they get offended by stand up comedians etc. You might not like some jokes as many standup guys can be reptitive and might not sound funny at times but then one shouldn’t get offended.

Just have a bit of thick skin and it will hold you better in the world. People who get offended cause more megative atmosphere than the stand up comedians.

World is already too sensitive, don’t make it more.

8 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Some people need to have a thick skin if they get offended by stand up comedians etc. You might not like some jokes as many standup guys can be reptitive and might not sound funny at times but then one shouldn’t get offended.

Just have a bit of thick skin and it will hold you better in the world. People who get offended cause more megative atmosphere than the stand up comedians.

World is already too sensitive, don’t make it more.

I like Hassan Minhaj of all the desi comedians. I still like Russell Peters, but he seems to be running out of gas. I like his show on Netflix, good time pass for 30 minutes, although the Indian Election bit was a bit too simplistic in his point of view. Both BJP and Congress parties will be ineffective, no matter who wins. 

But Trump like Hindoooos! He said it several time "Abiki bar, Trump Sarkar!" :lol:

Edited by Audiophile

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Rebuttal from Sham Sharma. Brilliant.

It is for local consumption, Minhaj is out there defaming India before the western and other foreign audience. We need to build our narrative outside India,  continuous smear campaign against India and Hindus. 

On 3/26/2019 at 2:11 AM, Stradlater said:

Another Indian Muslim standing up for his country ... Pakistan.

Brutal but true in more cases than I would like.