Whether south india needs to ban chapathi , panipuri and pav bhaji as well ?

velu

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

This is why every Indian should aspire to be this man below

A South Indian with a North Indian Sounding surname brought up in the west of India and has been creating feats in the East of India (264 in Kolkata)  :hatsoff:

rohitsharma-1.jpg

"sharma" is a tamil word as well ( most probably northies borrowed it from US )  .. if i am not wrong telungu music director mani sharma is a a proper 100%  telungu 

tamil singer blaze ka real name "Lakshmi Narasimha Vijaya Rajagopala Sheshadri Sharma Rajesh Raman:rotfl: 

blaaze-10.jpg

6 minutes ago, velu said:

"sharma" is a tamil word as well ( most probably northies borrowed it from US )  .. if i am not wrong telungu music director mani sharma is a a proper 100%  telungu 

tamil singer blaze ka real name "Lakshmi Narasimha Vijaya Rajagopala Sheshadri Sharma Rajesh Raman:rotfl: 

blaaze-10.jpg

Sharma is kind of like a caste extension like Iyengar,Nair,Chowdhary,Nayudu,Reddy,Raju etc. usually the surname I have seen for Tamils is usually their father’s name and for Telugu people it is usually the name of the origin village etc.

In the North the caste extension itself becomes the last name.

Some caste names  are unique to South the more popular ones like Nair,Iyer,Reddy etc 

The common caste extensions  like Sharma,Chowdhary and even Yadav become last names in North. Example Renuka Chowdhary or Rohit Sharma. I am sure they have a different surname/last name but since they are now mainstream, they don’t bother with it.

2 hours ago, Number said:

My wife likes dosas so whenever we are not cooking at home she orders from southie restaurants here in north.

This way I am forced to eat southie food.

Shall I start a thread against southie food imposition ?

:((

2 hours ago, Number said:

Correction : North's southie food.

Lived in Bangalore for a few years. Imagine what I feel now when I have to eat Dilli ka Dosa or Uttapam.

Not making this about south vs north but North Indian food in South is definitely >>>> South Indian food in the North relatively speaking.

However Mumbai obviously not exactly north  has some great Udupi food may be due to proximity with the konkan belt. Probably best South Indian food outside of the South.

Worst South Indian food from south when it comes to vegetarian cuisine is in Kerala though because they put coconut oil in everything unless of course you are into their ethnic non-veg cuisine which I heard is very good

12 hours ago, maniac said:

Sharma is kind of like a caste extension like Iyengar,Nair,Chowdhary,Nayudu,Reddy,Raju etc. usually the surname I have seen for Tamils is usually their father’s name and for Telugu people it is usually the name of the origin village etc.

In the North the caste extension itself becomes the last name.

Some caste names  are unique to South the more popular ones like Nair,Iyer,Reddy etc 

The common caste extensions  like Sharma,Chowdhary and even Yadav become last names in North. Example Renuka Chowdhary or Rohit Sharma. I am sure they have a different surname/last name but since they are now mainstream, they don’t bother with it.

In north, Sharmas are brahmins who do not use their gotra as surname but use Sharma.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Not making this about south vs north but North Indian food in South is definitely >>>> South Indian food in the North relatively speaking.

However Mumbai obviously not exactly north  has some great Udupi food may be due to proximity with the konkan belt. Probably best South Indian food outside of the South.

Worst South Indian food from south when it comes to vegetarian cuisine is in Kerala though because they put coconut oil in everything unless of course you are into their ethnic non-veg cuisine which I heard is very good

People serving North Indian food in south are mostly north Indians while people serving South Indian foods in North India are also north Indians.

7 hours ago, Number said:

My wife likes dosas so whenever we are not cooking at home she orders from southie restaurants here in north.

This way I am forced to eat southie food.

Shall I start a thread against southie food imposition ?

You got married? Feels like yesterday when you got out of college and joined Samsung. 

18 hours ago, velu said:

a2b bangalore chat menu ..

m515-15591904415cef5ba90275f.jpg?w=1200

snacks menu ..

m515-15591904555cef5bb72a4e1.jpg?w=1200

and they dont have any south indian snacks .. they even have doklas but no south indian paniyaram , banana bajji , payasam :lol: 

Isn't this a Tamil based Hotel? Had a breakfast once or twice over there, but in their desperate attempt to copy North Indian dish, they seem to have forgotten how to cook South Indian dishes. Had a stomach upset after trying their Dosas. 

18 hours ago, velu said:

a2b bangalore chat menu ..

m515-15591904415cef5ba90275f.jpg?w=1200

snacks menu ..

m515-15591904555cef5bb72a4e1.jpg?w=1200

and they dont have any south indian snacks .. they even have doklas but no south indian paniyaram , banana bajji , payasam :lol: 

No gujju dish? :hitler:

I suppose that isnt hindi imposition. 

Edited by Bigg Brother

2 hours ago, Lannister said:

Isn't this a Tamil based Hotel? Had a breakfast once or twice over there, but in their desperate attempt to copy North Indian dish, they seem to have forgotten how to cook South Indian dishes. Had a stomach upset after trying their Dosas. 

Cooks are mostly northies , the sambhar we get there doesn't taste proper Tamil or kannadiga style ( no jaggery ) ..

But North Indian items in A2b is better than what we get in North Indian style restaurants in Bangalore