Good things that Pakistan has given us

Deleted_User_1

I thought I start a thread about this. Too much negativity about Pak, some for valid reason, some just joining the bandwagon.

For me, it has given me the one of the two most dear Ghazal singers of all time, Ghulam Ali (the other one being our late Jagjit Singh). I spend a lot of time listening to ghazals and Ghulam Ali is my favorite. Get a lot of pleasure listening to his records in my off time.

Politics and religion aside, what mastery of voice, Inshallah! :bow:

Edited by Audiophile

Just now, Gollum said:

The best thing they have given us is getting separated, it was like amputation of a badly infected limb, only wish they had taken more of their (like-minded) kind during partition. Nothing in common with those people, no need to fraternize, no need to have any sort of connection, no need of these aman ki tamasha threads. The earlier we break every single contact with Pakistanis the better for us. 

And danda, stop praising Ghulam Ali, he himself confessed that he hated kafirs but loved kafir money. Don't behave like your supreme leader Begum Mamata, boycott those SOBs, not a single penny or goodwill should go to that monkey Ali from this kafir country. 

I separate the art from the artist. I do not know what you’re talking about. Everyone has demons. The mastery he has over his vocal cords is sublime (when he was younger)! Take some time to appreciate even though he may hate kafirs! :lol:

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

26/11

KP genocide, exodus

Mumbai local blasts

Parliament attack

Pathankot, Uri, Nagrota, Pulwama

Death by 1000 cuts their motto

1000s of our braves martyred because of the jihadi menace

Daily cross border firing

Wars, betrayal in Kargil

Huge % of our GDP wasted because of them, which otherwise could have been used to uplift our poor

Drug trafficking to destroy youth of Punjab

After all this damage we are discussing what good they have given us, seriously? Music and songs, am I reading this right? Tomorrow if a neighbor without any provocation kills your family members, rapes the women, throws grenades in your garden, vows to wipe out your family, claims your property as his...will you fondly reminisce about good old days 20 years back when he gave you Alpenliebe or shared a plate of snacks?

Nah Pakistan has to pay for her sins, and will pay. No dosti or good memory, blood of our martyrs is still fresh, families of martyrs struggle every single day, jawans pay with their blood every single day because of enemy's nefarious activities.  

You sound like the right wing chicken hawks I see every day spouting shyte on Fox News! You should enlist yourself in the Indian military and show by example bruh! Talk is cheap. Go on, show us how to do it. We will be rooting for you from the other corner! :giggle:

2 minutes ago, Moochad said:

In the spirit of the thread, thanks for giving us a bunny to thrash every world cup. easy 2 pts every time

Otherwise I agree 100% with @gollum  

I agree with you 100%, although as much as they suck now in cricket, it does not give me as much pleasure as it gave when they were a better team.

13 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

I think pure Urdu (not the modern spoken kind) is the sweetest language to listen to. I do not understand everything, and frequently have to look up dictionary, but still sounds so rich and intriguing.

Urdu is an Indian language, pure Indian language originating from present day North India, perfected in Awadh, best practitioners are based in Lucknow (from both the major communities). Pakistanis don't own it, some RW folks may try to distance themselves from the language (understandable) but doesn't change the truth. Even cuisine-wise, many of their specialties have origins in present day India, the best Mughlai cook will still be an Indian. Only their KP/Balochistan cuisine may be entirely different but since it is more or less absent in India, can't say they gave us anything. 

6 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

You sound like the right wing chicken hawks I see every day spouting shyte on Fox News! You should enlist yourself in the Indian military and show by example bruh! Talk is cheap. Go on, show us how to do it. We will be rooting for you from the other corner! :giggle:

whats your point you are saying all that is not true ?

Just now, Gollum said:

Urdu is an Indian language, pure Indian language originating from present day North India, perfected in Awadh, best practitioners are based in Lucknow (from both the major communities). Pakistanis don't own it, some RW folks may try to distance themselves from the language (understandable) but doesn't change the truth. Even cuisine-wise, many of their specialties have origins in present day India, the best Mughlai cook will still be an Indian. Only their KP/Balochistan cuisine may be entirely different but since it is more or less absent in India, can't say they gave us anything. 

I never said Pak has ownership of Urdu. I am fully aware of its roots. I mentioned Urdu because most of the Ghazals are written in Urdu. And my favorite ghazal writers over the years have been a mix of both Indian and Pakistanis.

2 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

I never said Pak has ownership of Urdu. I am fully aware of its roots. I mentioned Urdu because most of the Ghazals are written in Urdu. And my favorite ghazal writers over the years have been a mix of both Indian and Pakistanis.

then you should have said Ghazals and mentioned the ones that pakistanis performed not mentioned urdu which is an Indian language. don't misappropriate it or aid misappropriation in reverse whatever.

Just now, Vilander said:

then you should have said Ghazals and mentioned the ones that pakistanis performed not mentioned urdu which is an Indian language. don't misappropriate it or aid misappropriation in reverse whatever.

The last I checked Ghulam Ali is a citizen of Pakistan! :giggle:

Just now, Audiophile said:

The last I checked Ghulam Ali is a citizen of Pakistan! :giggle:

is Urdu Pakistani ? not right

write full sentences.

and i am waiting for your answer from above post.

9 minutes ago, Vilander said:

whats your point you are saying all that is not true ?

21 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

I don't need to join the military to show my support bruh. Not all of us have to join the forces, but we can help the braves in our own way, even by taking nationalistic stance, giving moral support, shunning the enemy, supporting pro-forces politics, expressing our gratitude if we meet them, contributing to national defence fund, exposing/pressurizing internal traitors, social media campaigns etc.

I don't need to show you anything, you can call me RW, LW, chicken, pig, fox, deer, eagle whatever floats your boat. But that you are making personal remarks instead of debating the points is a giveaway that you have erred. Come on danda, I like you as a poster, I know your political inclination and special love for the Pakistanis....maybe you are in extra charitable mood today or merely a brainfade. Not debating further, no bad blood, up to you. Have a nice day. 

Edited by Gollum

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I don't need to join the military to show my support bruh. Not all of us have to join the forces, but we can help the braves in our own way, even by taking nationalistic stance, giving moral support, shunning the enemy, supporting pro-forces politics, expressing our gratitude if we meet them, contributing to national defence fund, exposing/pressurizing internal traitors, social media campaigns etc.

I don't need to show you anything, you can call me RW, LW,, chicken, pig, fox, deer, eagle whatever floats your boat. But that you are making personal remarks instead of debating the points is a giveaway that you have erred. Come on danda, I like you as a poster, I know your political inclination and special love for the Pakistanis....maybe you are in extra charitable mood today or merely a brainfade. Not debating further, no bad blood, up to you. Have a nice day. 

I am listening to Ghulam Ali on vinyl on my stereo right now and it is just pure magic bruh! I can’t hate the guy, even though he might consider me a kafir!! :laugh:

Edited by Audiophile

14 minutes ago, Vilander said:

is Urdu Pakistani ? not right

write full sentences.

and i am waiting for your answer from above post.

I do not want to get politics into this. You guys are doing fantabulous job!

I just mentioned about someone who exists that I am grateful for because he has given me hrs and hrs of listening pleasure. Made me happy when I was somber. It may not mean anything to you, but to me it does. The guy did not slaughter anyone, yes he may have opined on non-Muslims in a way you do not approve, but I keep music away from the personality. If I did that, I would be boycotting a lot of artists. Our famous Khan killed innocent people who were sleeping on the sidewalk and he roams free. How many watch him on screen? And he is not even half the artist Ghulam Ali is! :giggle:

Edited by Audiophile