Shiv Sena flexes muscle, claims support of 170 MLAs

Singh bling

8 hours ago, G_B_ said:

Lets see, 5 billion divided by 12.5 million people works out to $400 per capita per year. (the actual budget is 4.5 billion but lets gloss over that)

Despite all the courruption, there is no way the BMC can "develop" mumbai on such low figures.

The agency responsible for development is MMDRA (controlled by CM). BMC at best maintains things.

With regards to unarmed migrants. It seems that you are mindfully unaware of 1992.....or Bhiwandi before.

Thats not how you do it  @G_B_

Mumbai ( i mean Mumbai proper - and not Thane district) is a small city physically - barely 600 sq kms.

Does it cost hundreds of billions of dollars to build decent roads for a city of this physical size ??

Shiv Sena controlled BMC has given contracts to third rate quality contractors for public works including roads, fudged invoices and raked in  the money illegally.

Every year -roads that have been repaired anew develop crater sized potholes. There are hardly any sidewalks.

This is the hallmark of that third rate party of goons -Shiv Sena that has assumed that Mumbai is their dad's property.

I look forward to the day, when  they fall in the state as MNS.

Why do you think Shiv Sena is so attached to the BMC ?

It is their cash cow

19 minutes ago, Moochad said:

BJP should have handled SS better, there was no reason to give them a step-motherly treatment after 2014. 

Shiv Sena is as corrupt as they come  -one of the most corrupt political parties in India in the same league as Congress if not higher.

Their corruption gets masked because of their Hindutva political bent. 

See below, a 29 yr old Aadtiya Thackeray declares official assets of 17 crores in his affidavit. In reality it must be 100's of crores

In the below link, if you scroll to the immovable assets section - he has indicated that none of the land/properties are inherited - 'N'

If they are not inherited, where did he get the money to buy crores of land and property. This b@stich has never done a single job in his life.

His thackeray family does not own ANY business nor has his father done a single job in his life.

Paisa kahan se aaya ???  BMC ko lootke ???. Dont ever underestimate how much  this harami Thackeray family has looted.

http://myneta.info/maharashtra2019/candidate.php?candidate_id=7943

16 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

Shiv Sena is as corrupt as they come  -one of the most corrupt political parties in India in the same league as Congress if not higher.

I am not denying that they indulge in corruption by their control of BMC, all political parties loot money to help themselves fight elections. I can't say who is worse or better among regional parties outside of Maharashtra, but NCP is much worse than SS in this state. Cong is worse than BJP at the national level for sure. 

My issue is that BJP needs to either be more honest with its ally partners and voters or it needs to break up the deal with SS. They promised SS one thing, but now are not honoring it. 

Edited by Moochad

16 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Thats not how you do it  @G_B_

Mumbai ( i mean Mumbai proper - and not Thane district) is a small city physically - barely 600 sq kms.

Does it cost hundreds of billions of dollars to build decent roads for a city of this physical size ??

Shiv Sena controlled BMC has given contracts to third rate quality contractors for public works including roads, fudged invoices and raked in  the money illegally.

Every year -roads that have been repaired anew develop crater sized potholes. There are hardly any sidewalks.

This is the hallmark of that third rate party of goons -Shiv Sena that has assumed that Mumbai is their dad's property.

I look forward to the day, when  they fall in the state as MNS.

Why do you think Shiv Sena is so attached to the BMC ?

It is their cash cow

Mumbai also has the highest vehicle density in India. Some 500 per square KM. With combined with construction in which trucks carry much more weight than what they are supposed to legally any road would crack. You talk about 600km^2 but that just increases the cost of labour and other things as the BMC has to many times buy out plots and areas. The purchase parity of $400 is much more in a city like Pune than Mumbai.

In addition, I invite you to goto BJP controlled Mira road Bhayander. The roads are equally abysmal. If anything the ghodbunder road which started from Sena controlled Thane and leading upto BJP controlled Mira road Bhayander its clear to see that the Thane side the road maintenance is much superior.

This suggests that BJP cannot really make much of a difference until Mumbaikars actually start paying more in terms of property tax.

15 hours ago, Moochad said:

I am not denying that they indulge in corruption by their control of BMC, all political parties loot money to help themselves fight elections. I can't say who is worse or better among regional parties outside of Maharashtra, but NCP is much worse than SS in this state. Cong is worse than BJP at the national level for sure. 

My issue is that BJP needs to either be more honest with its ally partners and voters or it needs to break up the deal with SS. They promised SS one thing, but now are not honoring it. 

The sena is much better than NCP and Cong on the corruption front. If anything they chucked out the likes of Ganesh Naik in the 90s for excessive corruption.  The Congress and the NCP hide their corruption in the cooperative movement.  There has been nothing like the 70,000 crore irrigation scam (NCP primarily involved)  under the sena rule from 1995 to 1999. 

The Sena made a mess in general of agriculture in the 1995 to 1999 period. Handling rural issues is a big chink in their armor. But as i mentioned before I think BJP in general nationally did not really handle agriculture that well in the 1998 to 2004 period. It was simply a learning curve for a party which had never been in power.

21 hours ago, Singh bling said:

According to Aaj tak BJP is offering deputy CM, finance , PWD and total of 14 ministries but still Sena is not backing down on 2.5 years CM demand.

2014 was different BJP and Sena fought independently and BJP had 125 seats . 

If you are closely following this you will know that fight is for rotational CM and not for ministries. On today BJP cancelled it's representative on Aaj Tak show 5 pm Dangal just before 5 minutes. This clearly shows that situation is now quite serious

The fight was never for rotational CM IMO. Uddhav thakarey is simply following the philosophy of bargaining from a much higher reference point. The BJP remains the only challenger to the Sena in the BMC. They will want to first and foremost protect that. If BJP guarantees two of home finance revenue and urban development and agrees to be a junior partner in the BMC, Sena will accept it. This CM rotation is just a canard IMO.

3 hours ago, G_B_ said:

The sena is much better than NCP and Cong on the corruption front. If anything they chucked out the likes of Ganesh Naik in the 90s for excessive corruption.  The Congress and the NCP hide their corruption in the cooperative movement.  There has been nothing like the 70,000 crore irrigation scam (NCP primarily involved)  under the sena rule from 1995 to 1999. 

Fadnavis and Mahajan have been dismantling the sugar lobby and INC/NCP power in Western Maharashtra. A number of their leaders with links to that sector have switched sides to the BJP 

10 hours ago, G_B_ said:

The fight was never for rotational CM IMO. Uddhav thakarey is simply following the philosophy of bargaining from a much higher reference point. The BJP remains the only challenger to the Sena in the BMC. They will want to first and foremost protect that. If BJP guarantees two of home finance revenue and urban development and agrees to be a junior partner in the BMC, Sena will accept it. This CM rotation is just a canard IMO.

In your all posts you are just blaming BJP for the mess while bailing out Shiv Sena completely. It has been close to two weeks and there is no Government formation in sight. BJP is not so stupid party which will  throw such victory of NDA. When they formed alliance it was clear they had to given them good portfolios. Now Maharashtra is heading towards president rule .

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Ha No wonder, you are one post away from being called a card carrying member of Shiv Sena. :laugh:

Well Thane is Sena territory....

See the reason probably i turn a bit pro sena is that i notice a lot of bjp supporters from other states are blatantly uninformed.

Even mumbaikars for some reason expect world class infra in the bmc when the typical mumbaikar pays a pittance. I havd listed the per capita budget of the bmc. Its not even close to what is needed. Keep in mind bmc are responsible for not just roads.

You can take it from me in writing that even if modi takes over running bmc the sheer vehicular density in mumbai will result in potholes no matter how sincere the work.

Mmdra which is run by the bjp has handed over brand  new flyovers to the bmc which have had potholes in them within months. Once again its not a mmdra issue but there are just too many cars passing through that flyover.

I would like to ask those saying roads etc are bad due to sena run bmc. Has the service from bjp run mumbai suburban been a drastic upgrade? The answer has been a blatent no. I dont blame goyal for it either. If you raise fares the people cry about the cost. 

2 hours ago, Singh bling said:

In your all posts you are just blaming BJP for the mess while bailing out Shiv Sena completely. It has been close to two weeks and there is no Government formation in sight. BJP is not so stupid party which will  throw such victory of NDA. When they formed alliance it was clear they had to given them good portfolios. Now Maharashtra is heading towards president rule .

My stance is clear. If bjp ready to share major portfolios with Sena and Sena refuse then the Sena are to blame.

However the genesis is that bjp initially refused to share these ministries. This forced the sena to search for other options. They were right to say no to cm chair. But wrong not to offer any sort of viable compensation. The bjp strategy was to grind the Sena down. This backfired as things stand.

Your from Haryana,  was the jjp really worth deputy cm when a) bjp could form gov with independents b) jjp barely is a few months old. c) the jjp was not in pre poll alliance with the bjp. The truth is at max they were worth 2 cabinet posts. Now imgaine your the Sena and you see a 34 year old chautala being deputy cm. Yet your told you cant have major ministries. The optics of offering chautala deputy cm played out badly in maharashtra. 

On 11/4/2019 at 12:41 PM, Pollack said:

Your post is inaccurate. Shivsena did not attack migrants, it was MNS. Regarding hard working north Indians, who asked them to work so hard?  Actually, they are the reason for labour exploitation. They are willing to work at grossly underpaid salaries since they mostly stay alone here with their families usually at native place probably earning through farming as well. While a native resident from Maharashtra need to feed his family staying here with high cost of living. He will obviously not be willing to work at salary which wouldn't even feed one person. You need to look at it from others perspective too. Everything is not about hate and love, north and south. Economics and a man's need to feed his belly is the cause for most of the issues. 

Not at all true... the people who migrates for labour work and other small work absolutely doesn't have an earning in their native state forget about farming . In their native states it's even more worse they have to work on even lower wedges or don't have work at all, its not a luxury to work on lower wedges rather they have  family to feed back home and hence they migrate to different state where there are more oppurtunities.

What a disappointment. Another party which is solely about putra moh. 

its like two brothers fighting, and the smaller and weaker brother brings a 3rd party. And this 3rd party will eventually destroy and eat everything themselves. Our history is filled with such foolishness...