The greatest film ever made

zen

6 hours ago, Stradlater said:

That scene where Amon Goth one day wakes up in the morning, arrive in his balcony and starts randomly shooting the working Jews in camp with that characteristic nonchalant expression on his face as he silently revel in the monstrosity of his acts. 

Haunted me forever. 

Equally haunting

there are very few actors who can dominate Al Pacino in a scene, but this is exactly what happened here. John Cazale's portrayal of Fredo Corleone is one of the most underrated performances. He lets loose all the pent-up emotions he has bottled up inside ever since Michael was chosen to lead the family. You see all the pent-up anger burst out, yet at the same time he stays true to his character as the timid, weak older brother who never had the chops to be The Godfather. What an actor.

Edited by FischerTal

Saving Private Ryan. The last dialogue where Ryan who was saved by all those bastards who died ingloriously asks his wife to tell him ( he was a good man) he lived a full good life as he was told to 'earn this' by Tom hanks ( Miller) and the scene prior to that where the mortally wounded Miller (Tom Hanks) shoots at advancing tank with his last rounds in pistol still trying to live so that he can go home after saving private ryan and he hated/scared to be in war, fark what a movie man. Nothing comes close, reluctant heroes zenith.

Edited by Vilander

Scarface has to be one of the greatest remake ever, al Pacino as Tony Montana just killed, Ben hur  comes to my mind as one of the greatest period film, I said citizen Kane off course, god father has to be there,someone said saving private Ryan and shawshank redemption,as Far as thriller is concerned psycho has to be there, in animal horror it has to be  jaws,blood diamond is pretty underrated, so many classics in romance it's got to be gone with the wind, in sports genre it's raging bull and  rocky ,in technology  it's terminator, avatar.

9 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

Scarface has to be one of the greatest remake ever, al Pacino as Tony Montana just killed, Ben hur  comes to my mind as one of the greatest period film, I said citizen Kane off course, god father has to be there,someone said saving private Ryan and shawshank redemption,as Far as thriller is concerned psycho has to be there, in animal horror it has to be  jaws,blood diamond is pretty underrated, so many classics in romance it's got to be gone with the wind, in sports genre it's raging bull and  rocky ,in technology  it's terminator, avatar.

Al Pacino as Tony Montana is entertaining but overacting to almost Bollywood levels. He's been doing the same screaming and shouting ever since.

20 hours ago, zen said:

Repeat value can make a film a favorite but not necessarily greatest. For e.g. many of the Bond films are my most watched films ever 

Repeatable watching means that the film is great. That's why I picked Terminator 2 as one of my choices.

Some of these so called great 3 hour films are tough to just watch once.

7 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

Al Pacino as Tony Montana is entertaining but overacting to almost Bollywood levels. He's been doing the same screaming and shouting ever since.

You took the words out of my mouth. I found Scarface quite overrated with Pacino's bollywoodesque acting and the general overall tone of the film. 

Heat and Donnie Brasco are far better.

14 minutes ago, Ranvir said:

Repeatable watching means that the film is great. That's why I picked Terminator 2 as one of my choices.

Some of these so called great 3 hour films are tough to just watch once.

The greatest film of all time is determined by factors such as direction, editing, background score, acting, screenplay, its impact on other films/filmmakers, etc. 

As I said, this is not the most favorite film thread but greatest. Say there is a thread on the greatest actor, are we going to list SRK because we watched his movies like Badshah, Bazigaar, etc. more! 

Not just T2 but some of the other movies listed here as greatest makes me laugh! :lol: 

Edited by zen