So who to blame?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. So who to blame?

• Batsman
    • Bowlers
    • Captain Wrogn
    • Bewda
    • ICF fans
    • None - Inshallah We played very well & we are best team in world.

not one batsman covered the lateral movement ( which was visible but not appreciable or alarming). Kane and Taylor showed it in first inning, even if IPL bats forgot they should have seen that and realized. And while bowling only Ishant got some lateral movement with good lines at time ( some times he strayed too). Very poor batting and poor bowling, combined with some entitlement and confidence and a bit of 'dont care' attitude. 

There is something wrong, never expected such a meek surrender from this team. 

3 minutes ago, Vilander said:

not one batsman covered the lateral movement ( which was visible but not appreciable or alarming). Kane and Taylor showed it in first inning, even if IPL bats forgot they should have seen that and realized. And while bowling only Ishant got some lateral movement with good lines at time ( some times he strayed too). Very poor batting and poor bowling, combined with some entitlement and confidence and a bit of 'dont care' attitude. 

There is something wrong, never expected such a meek surrender from this team. 

Maybe fatigue is the cause? Too much traveling and too many games.

10 minutes ago, Adi_91 said:

Maybe fatigue is the cause? Too much traveling and too many games.

may be, 

i will tell you what i remember.

Pujaras off stump game, that guy has near perfect off stump awareness. The ball did not swing that much. Kohli poor poor dismissals esp in second innings it was a harmless short ball he just needed to duck but went for it. bumrah while bowling very meek and when ever he even tried a bit he created chances but went back to his inaccurate wrong line wrong length stuff again. Pant was standing a bit too far and all of slip took to him and stood far too and few fell short. But even the bowlers who usually create a lot of chances( for instance in England in every game India created far far more chances and drops but here no NZ totally out played them). NZ based on what is on display is not that good a team their one near world calls bowler is boult who also blows hot and cold, and while batting they are all steady batsmen except two ( who are very good). India must have lost the game as NZ were a bit lucky with the toss and most decisions ( perplexing ball tracking and some umpire decisions) and Kane/Ross were very good first innings, but the the final two partnerships lol it was down to poor bowling execution. 

Even on Day 4 after a tough fought day 3 , it was as if they lost in their minds. This team appears to be posers who will only do well if they have other things going for them, they dont trust themselves to do well in adverse conditions suddenly ( not the team that did Joburg or the Eng tour.) this is a weak minded team i did not think they were that, before this game.

And Pant lol the guy has ability but is just not there temperamentally, Ashwin could not play swing at all that dis heartening but cant blame him. They needed to show some fight like get a 80 odd runs lead and get a few wickets. But know they just capitulated, wonder what solace they are searching in their hotel rooms - its just a game they needed to just show some fight lol what else are they going to do silly weak minded peasants the lot of them.

Edited by Vilander
2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

may be, 

i will tell you what i remember.

Pujaras off stump game, that guy has near perfect off stump awareness. The ball did not swing that much. Kohli poor poor dismissals esp in second innings it was a harmless short ball he just needed to duck but went for it. bumrah while bowling very meek and when ever he even tried a bit he created chances but went back to his inaccurate wrong line wrong length stuff again. Pant was standing a bit too far and all of slip took to him and stood far too and few fell short. But even the bowlers who usually create a lot of chances( for instance in England in every game India created far far more chances and drops but here no NZ totally out played them). NZ based on what is on display is not that good a team their one near world calls bowler is boult who also blows hot and cold, and while batting they are all steady batsmen except two ( who are very good). India must have lost the game as NZ were a bit lucky with the toss and most decisions ( perplexing ball tracking and some umpire decisions) and Kane/Ross were very good first innings, but the the final two partnerships lol it was down to poor bowling execution. 

Even on Day 4 after a tough fought day 3 , it was as if they lost in their minds. This team appears to be posers who will only do well if they have other things going for them, they dont trust themselves to do well in adverse conditions suddenly ( not the team that did Joburg or the Eng tour.) this is a weak minded team i did not think they were that, before this game.

And Pant lol the guy has ability but is just not there temperamentally, Ashwin could not play swing at all that dis heartening but cant blame him. They needed to show some fight like get a 80 odd runs lead and get a few wickets. But know they just capitulated, wonder what solace they are searching in their hotel rooms - its just a game they needed to just show some fight lol what else are they going to do silly weak minded peasants the lot of them.

That’s what makes me worry about a possible 2-0 drubbing. Something looks terribly not right about the team.

1 minute ago, Adi_91 said:

That’s what makes me worry about a possible 2-0 drubbing. Something looks terribly not right about the team.

there is not much to worry about, if this is their true level they are an ordinary side and need some replacements. overall nothing much to worry, if they compete a bit they have done well. 

Just now, CG said:
4 minutes ago, Vilander said:
there is not much to worry about, if this is their true level they are an ordinary side and need some replacements. overall nothing much to worry, if they compete a bit they have done well. 

One test does not make India a ordinary side.They will win the next test.

there could be a good toss and some initial advantage but this game does betray that this team is not a mentally strong side, they win when everything goes their way. Wont compete if things get tougher. 

Apart from the inability of our batsmen ,it is also the bowler's inability to pick wickets with the new ball in helpful swinging conditions which is a big concern.     In the 1st inning, when we were 40/3, I remember Few posters saying India would hv picked more wickets in these conditions.  Don't understand on what grounds they were saying that.  (Considering that our fast bowlers hv failed to restrict the opposition to under 200, in all the overseas test series in SENA , except in Australia)

2 minutes ago, Scar said:

Can anybody explain to me the role of Vihari in the team? 

It's like he's invisible in the team.

To make batting look good on paper (garbage first class avgs) .... on field, like you said, he is likely to remain invisible 

Better to play an AR to strengthen the bowling than play weak batsmen to strengthen the batting on paper :dontknow: