Gambhir vs Dhawan

GautiMaan

So every ipl,Gambhir churns out a consistent performance,whereas Dhawan hasnt contributed much to srh(atleast i cant recall any outstanding season)

So how is it Dhawan is considered superior and is in the national team,lets also not forget Gambhir is a proven LOI player playing a great hand in two of our world cup victories.

Exactly. Gambhir> Dhawan but his days are done. He had his shot. Now get in a couple of new stars and hopefully one of them will prove their worth. No use dragging along old players

Iyer and Vohra are good picks.

It's high time we treat IPL as the sole criteria for T20 squad selection.

Sarfaraz is also a pick but for middle order.

Well Gambhir has lot of gud qualities that cnt be ignored- running, strike rotation, consistency and his game against spin

Dhawan doesnt look in form , his consistency isnt gr8, playing against spin is weaker in comparsion to gambhir, strike rotation nt that gr8 .

A lot goes in gambhir favour but the only ques i had in my mind while i was watching gambhir bat yesterday specially while playing pull wud he b able to do same on bouncy pitches against quality fast bowlers.

Even dhawan hasnt done much in that case but if gambhir becomes highest scorer he might really push his case. But wud Dhoni n kohli want someone whom they r nt comfertable with in dressing room. 

Dhawan wnt b shown door straight away and a score in one game wud give him 10 more games , but its high time we look for options. Rahane is one backup opener but gr8 if we have a match winner

42 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Well Gambhir has lot of gud qualities that cnt be ignored- running, strike rotation, consistency and his game against spin

Dhawan doesnt look in form , his consistency isnt gr8, playing against spin is weaker in comparsion to gambhir, strike rotation nt that gr8 .

A lot goes in gambhir favour but the only ques i had in my mind while i was watching gambhir bat yesterday specially while playing pull wud he b able to do same on bouncy pitches against quality fast bowlers.

Even dhawan hasnt done much in that case but if gambhir becomes highest scorer he might really push his case. But wud Dhoni n kohli want someone whom they r nt comfertable with in dressing room. 

Dhawan wnt b shown door straight away and a score in one game wud give him 10 more games , but its high time we look for options. Rahane is one backup opener but gr8 if we have a match winner

What's your average word count per post :hmmm:

Mine is like 0.5 :cantstop:

16 minutes ago, Viper said:

Dhawan should be no where near T20 side

Gambhir is done in INTL cricket..

But anyday Gambhir > Dhawan

By the way Gambhir wasn't in great form in 2015 as far as i know he delivered 3 ducks straight in last IPL i thinkthinthin

Yes three ducks. But three 50+ as well.

Okish year for him.

On 4/17/2016 at 6:11 PM, Viper said:

Well if has that crappy attitude and bitterness against Captain and Tu tu me me against Vice captain 

Who would prefer him lol

Dhoni and Virat wouldn't want this guy no where near Team with that attitude 

Also ,Rahane is the backup opener who is opening for pune under dhoni, with time he will develop more faith in dhoni as he sees him scoring runs for his side in more games regulary which always give ur captain confidence

For Test, Kl rahul is the backup who again is playing under Virat, he may not play a game but any captain does observe players his hard work, work ethics, how keen is he to learn .

M not also sure wether selector wud select gambhir as backup, they wud be rather keen to have someone like Unmukt, Iyer so they can build for future. 

If ever there is a chance for gambhir he wud really need to have an outstanding season which wud be really hard to ignore

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

I do not want rahane near t20 team no matter what.. he is fine for odi and tests. . T20 just god nooo

I don't  think gambhir ll be selected .. if was selected  that's  a step back from future..

T20 should be for young guys.. 1 or 2 exp players like ms and nehra  are fine.. They ll be helpful  in crucial situations like last over finishes but we need a new opener.. can't  go with dhawan anymore atleast  not for t20s..

Even i dnt want rahane in t20 , n the next t20wc is in 2020 so i expect guys like manan, shreyas, unmukt to come through. 4 yrs from here there wud b a lot of changes in that format.

Gambhir was ok in test format but in Odi he was extremely gud, but wud b really diff for him to comeback unless he has 600+ ipl.

Also the problem, dhawan wnt b chucked so easy . Post WI we play In india throught and he might pile runs n runs and even in wi those bowlers have no discipline so wnt be shocked if gets runs there. Even if he doesnt he ll score once in 10 innings n wud stay n this cycle continues which is sad n is hurting us. Honestly i was wishing he doesnt get runs in aus becoz i knew he wud secure his place for half a yr

On 17/04/2016 at 11:21 AM, kosingh said:

India discarded Gambhir and Sehwag 2 years too early. But no thanks now. Agree that we need new blood. Dhawan is a dud. 

Sehwag was dropped a year late. But GG and Laxman were dropped a lil early.

Choosing MSD for MOM in wc finals instead of GG was pure politics. I think a lot was brewing but powerful cricket people and MSD were just waiting for Sachin to retire.

Edited by mishra

On 17/04/2016 at 5:08 PM, sourab10forever said:

What's your average word count per post :hmmm:

Mine is like 0.5 :cantstop:

On 17/04/2016 at 5:17 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Mine wud be around bradman avg , planning to do wat he cudnt in his last match

lol  :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Attitude problem. Gambhir was known for infightings and groupism within the team. MSD has complained about him many times that he deliberately underperforms sometimes. Dhawan is a top guy and a complete team man. Yes he may be struggling with little bit of form but would surely be back. No need to bring back than frown faced GG.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Both are not the answer.

Going back to Gambhir is like digging out old tatty underwear and wearing them just because they fit when all common sense tells you to its time to throw it away and move on.   

Dhawan has never truly convinced. Has ropey technique, his form is horrendous and he is embarrassingly bad in the T20 format. Drop him and unless he makes some serious runs don't bring him back. 

Younger and better talents out there if only the selectors bothered to look and build a side for the future.