Where is our next superstar?

The thread on our top order got me thinking on our  batting. India has always been a batting powerhouse. Ganguly undoubtedly laid the foundation of what became the modern Indian team - Sehwag, yuvi, MSD. Then under Dhoni - raina, ghambir, virat, rohit, dhawan flourished. All of them are superstars.

I can’t think of one young Indian batting star who has made it big after kohli became captain!! There in lies our problem, and kohli’s failure compared to the other great captains. Agree or disagree?

2 minutes ago, IndianRenegade said:

The thread on our top order got me thinking on our  batting. India has always been a batting powerhouse. Ganguly undoubtedly laid the foundation of what became the modern Indian team - Sehwag, yuvi, MSD. Then under Dhoni - raina, ghambir, virat, rohit, dhawan flourished. All of them are superstars.

I can’t think of one young Indian batting star who has made it big after kohli became captain!! There in lies our problem, and kohli’s failure compared to the other great captains. Agree or disagree?

That's because our top 3 have been too good after Cricket WC 2015. Nobody could replace them.  Pant still has time,  Gill and Shaw will soon make in. People are just making too much noise. You all are behaving as if Indian cricket has been destroyed. It's not as if Kohli has been captain since ages. 

2 minutes ago, Ajju said:

PANT is next superstar i have seen lot of PANT fans i mean next coming crickets

i am talking about only Craze

Well, he may be or may not. But where is the backing? Pant wouldn’t even have made it to the team if not for dhawan’s injury. The only reason we don’t know if pant is the real deal is because he wasn’t groomed. This is a failure of the captain, we have pretty much gone in with the same batting line up as 2015 sans yuvi, Raina. 

well timed thread.... yes... definitely ... Kohli reign has never allowed talented batsmen to flourish and become well rounded batsmen. Hence a huge gap between him and rest of the batsmen in the team. It is high time this guy is removed off captaincy  and played as a senior batsman alone. Sachin,Dravid, Sehwag,Ganguly,Dhoni ,Gambhir - we had 6 batsmen who could play both formats and were far successful  in general when compared to this era. Now!!!!!!!!     

Edited by rtmohanlal
15 minutes ago, Anoop K said:

That's because our top 3 have been too good after Cricket WC 2015. Nobody could replace them.  Pant still has time,  Gill and Shaw will soon make in. People are just making too much noise. You all are behaving as if Indian cricket has been destroyed. It's not as if Kohli has been captain since ages. 

The argument isn’t there’s no new talent in the bench. But why have we failed to groom any? 

Dhoni wasn’ Captain for ages when he won 2007 t20 wc or built the 2011 wc team.

Edited by IndianRenegade
45 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

I feel we don't need superstars. I want guys like Carey and Smith who can stand u when the pressure is on. Not chokers who fall at the first sight of pressure. Doesn't matter how many runs they score when they fail when they're needed.

So you mean to say we need cricket  players only after 4 years in two matches. Other than those two matches nothing matters. 

3 hours ago, IndianRenegade said:

The argument isn’t there’s no new talent in the bench. But why have we failed to groom any? 

Dhoni wasn’ Captain for ages when he won 2007 t20 wc or built the 2011 wc team.

Dhoni didn't groom yuvraj, gambhir,zaheer,sachin all of them were MVP in those two tournaments. 

3 hours ago, Anoop K said:

Dhoni didn't groom yuvraj, gambhir,zaheer,sachin all of them were MVP in those two tournaments. 

I never claimed dhoni was responsible for 90% of the ppl you list here. I gave credit to dada for yuvi.the point is all of these captains were able find new batting talents and groom them for the next big event. Only kohli went with the same 2015 team with even worse replacements for yuvi & Raina.

Edited by IndianRenegade