Ishant Sharma roped in by Kings XI Punjab

flat_wicket_bully

"I share a strong bond with Ishant Sharma as he played under my captaincy in the Ranji Trophy and later in the India team, his addition will most definitely strengthen our squad," Virender Sehwag, Kings XI's head of cricket operations, stated in a release.

:facepalm: 

Asked what exactly would he bring to the table, Ishant answered in one word.

"I would bring in experience. The amount of cricket that I have played for India has given me the experience of knowing what to do in various situations. I can pass on my knowledge to the youngsters," said Ishant.

:cantstop:

3 hours ago, PBN said:

what a pace attack. be afraid...very afraid.  Welcome the new bowling powerhouse

pace like fiyah :woot:

Unfortunately it's a case of subtraction due to addition for Punjab. Ishant is unlikely to bring much to the table in T20s and in fact will weaken the team by taking a spot over one of the deserving pacers.

I say Good on Viru picking Ishant, two crores are peanuts for Burman and Wadia. Ishant can be a decent back up in case of injuries and it is always good to have International class bowler to bowl in nets for the squad batsmen. Also, It is much better than one of your International bowler sitting at home for two months and sulking over missing the IPL.

3 hours ago, bowl_out said:

What's the point - with Mohit, Sandeep, Aaron, Anureet, Natarajan already in the squad..

Could have got Irfan instead... at least helps with some lower order batting instead of making scary faces

For me ishant should lead this attack with Aaron  ,sandeeep or natrajan can  be the third pacer.

8 hours ago, Mosher said:

They also have Mohit and Sandeep who did a decent job for them in the previous IPL. Anureet is there too. Poor thinking from KXIP. They should have gone for a batsman. Sehwag said that he wanted Ishant since they share a "strong bond" and Ishant has played under Sehwag's captaincy. :facepalm: 

Malnourished slow trundler anureet should carry drinks for the entire ipl.

Aaron and ishant bring teeth to their attack...if their radar is proper they will be deadly and if they are not accurate..they have 3 medium pacers to play too.

But ishant and Aaron and sandeeep should be in first 11.

5 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

I like Sandeep Sharma and hope he does well and managed to break into the Indian squad in shorter formats. We need someone who holds one end up during the powerplay overs.

he did break into the Indian squad, was thrashed by Zimbabwe.

10 hours ago, The Realist said:

"I share a strong bond with Ishant Sharma as he played under my captaincy in the Ranji Trophy and later in the India team, his addition will most definitely strengthen our squad," Virender Sehwag, Kings XI's head of cricket operations, stated in a release.

:facepalm: 

Asked what exactly would he bring to the table, Ishant answered in one word.

"I would bring in experience. The amount of cricket that I have played for India has given me the experience of knowing what to do in various situations. I can pass on my knowledge to the youngsters," said Ishant.

:cantstop:

The bold is the most scary part. :ahhhhh:

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

he did break into the Indian squad, was thrashed by Zimbabwe.

If you are going to judge a youngster by giving him a couple of games, you may as well call curtains on lot of intl careers. Sandeep deserves a couple of intl series, i.e. about 8-10 games before judging him.

Pathetic bowler no doubt,but not good to single him out today when every bowler was getting hammered.But it begs a question why is he being preferred over Aaron and Natrajan.Is it just Veeru's love for Ishant?