Nitish Rana

Austin 3:!6

51 minutes ago, Texan said:

Fact that MI backed him despite a mediocre lead up to the tournament and even gave him chances higher up in the order says volumes about MI's talent scouting. Remember, last year they similarly unearthed Krunal Pandya and before that was his brother Hardik.

And before that Bumrah,in all seriousness MI is doing a lot good for Indian cricket.

1 hour ago, Texan said:

Fact that MI backed him despite a mediocre lead up to the tournament and even gave him chances higher up in the order says volumes about MI's talent scouting. Remember, last year they similarly unearthed Krunal Pandya and before that was his brother Hardik.

Which franchise brought KL Rahul confidence levels to play for team India. Which franchise brought Sarfaraz to national foray.

5 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

Which franchise brought KL Rahul confidence levels to play for team India. Which franchise brought Sarfaraz to national foray.

Rahul was brought into IPL by Sunrisers not RCB. Sarfaraz impressed in U-19 performances just like Pant. I don't consider Pant to have been discovered by DD either. Besides, with Sarfaraz what did they do? After he played so well in the first few matches, they just dropped him and betrayed his confidence.

1 hour ago, Texan said:

MI backed him because he was very good in IPL last year and he has been known for playing big shots as he was top six hitter in SMA last season. Even pandaya bros and bumrah were picked after their domestic heroics. John weight was their talent scout who used to watch domestic games t20s and picked players from there. Bumrah too was picked after a good SMA trophy. The only real wild card they have picked is left arm pacer Kulwant Singh Khejroliya from Rajasthan who just made his debut for Delhi in VH trophy and he is yet to get a game.

Edited by rkt.india

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

MI backed him because he was very good in IPL last year and he has been known for playing big shots as he was top six hitter in SMA last season. Even pandaya bros and bumrah were picked after their domestic heroics. John weight was their talent scout who used to watch domestic games t20s and picked players from there. Bumrah too was picked after a good SMA trophy. The only real wild card they have picked is left arm pacer Kulwant Singh Khejroliya from Rajasthan who just made his debut for Delhi in VH trophy and he is yet to get a game.

You are missing the point. Players are to be picked from domestic after some good performance. Why would anyone pick those who are not performing. The point here is having picked still nobodies (relatively) they have guts to play them in eleven and back them completely. Last few years MI has been doing amazing job. Nitish Rana himself said franchise helped him in developing power game and hitting those big sixes getting back deep in the crease.

Edited by Pollack

I do not follow domestic much and does not have great skill of being a talent spotter, but I really liked this guy whatever I saw in this IPL. Plays with soft hands, can score on both side of the wickets.

Reminds me bit of Micheal Bevan (not overhyping).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Just now, BCCI said:

Slight offtopic but its one of the great misconceptions.No one was a newcomer in that team apart from Rohit or Yusuf.

Yeah we need to calm down and enjoy the success of young players instead of going crazy over them and asking all of them to play for india at the same time. Ideally, they should but only the best should and not all at once. We shouldn't play all at once in the same game. We will lose like we always do or when a young team goes to zimbabwe and managed to lose few games.  Nothing to gain in that and it will only dent their confidence as few of them will get dropped from the team because of the series results.