Is Kohli too poor to be captain

G_B_

3 minutes ago, speedheat said:

:facepalm: from how long you have been on icf?? let me clear you NOBODY IS ABUSING NO ONE, we may exchange banters but abusing?never,this isn't a battle ground.

You should read before posting.Players are being talked about here when it comes to abuse n criticism,from where did banter came from.

:facepalm:

Did YOU even read what I wrote? Dhoni rescued "us" is what I said. 

[/

You implied Kohli would have lost but Dhoni saved us replying to post that Kohli has not lost a series as Captain.It is easy to deduce.Fact is we won .Also which triseries in wi you referring to please do tell me the year.As Kohli was not captain in 2013 in 2016 we played only tests and t 20

4 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

No it isn't. A captain is as good as his team makes him. The bowling we have right now is the best ever and will make kohli look like ATG. 

Lol I will reserve my judgement till I watch them bowl overseas.This sounds as pure hyperbole at the moment.

Just now, CG said:

You implied Kohli would have lost but Dhoni saved us replying to post that Kohli has not lost a series as Captain.It is easy to deduce.Fact is we won .Also which triseries in wi you referring to please do tell me the year.As Kohli was not captain in 2013 in 2016 we played only tests and t 20

Kohli was captain in 2013. Dhoni got injured and missed the league phase but returned for final.

59 minutes ago, NareshK said:

I feel its still very tough to win over there though not improbable. England, SA and Aus have struggled in India. Why do you think it will be easy for us to win over there ? If we have to do better, we have to change our gameplay at home as well. We need to play on pitches which suit fast bowling for our seamers to become strike bowlers and match winners. At home, they are mostly used with the new ball and then relegated to boundary for the rest of the match and spinners take most of the wickets. But this would also mean giving up some of the home advantage and perhaps losing some games as well. Otherwise, playing at home all the time on slow and low wickets and going over there once every 4 years and winning against them in conditions which are favorable to them is not that straight forward.

I'm not saying it will be easy but if we don't win away and don't win ICC trophies it will be going backwards. I mean we have been winning at home for ages. Under Dhoni we started winning ICC trophies so the next step is to win away. At the very least to keep parity we need to win ICC trophies and continue winning at home. If we can't even do that where exactly is the improvement or even status quo?

Just seen RCB v Mumbai. RCB yet again snatched defeat from the jaws from victory.

Before anybody says, I dont want to create yet another troll thread. I want a serious discussion about him as Indian captain.

No doubt people will oh its just the IPL. But thats a moot point. Kohli was trying to win and he just let the momentum go when Mumbai were some 8/4. His nervous body language seeps into the team.

There is no doubt that Kohli is probably one of the greatest T20 players who is passionate about India and likes to lead from the front. Will be the first name on the team. But there needs to be a serious discussion about his temperament in being captain.  Sachin was a great batter but just like Kohli is mannerisms and naivity led to tactical mistakes and nervousness. I dont want to go back to the Sachin era.

Say what you may. Under MSD we never let winning positions slip in LOI. Can you imagine captain Kohli pulling off a win in the Champions Trophy 2013? England would have romped home.

Just change the heading of the post....Poor captain for tamasha cricket....

Otherwise he is fab

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

I don't know why this non sense of Ganguly not winning ICC trophy is brought about in comparison to dhoni.

Ganguly played 3 champions trophy.Reached final in one.One we were joint winner but had match been continued we would have won it easily.One was bad. One world cup final as a captain.

Dhoni played 2 champions trophy won 1. Played one world cup as a captain and won one. Played 6 t20 world cups as a captain and won 1!!!!

Overall ICC trophy record:

Ganguly: 1/4 with two finals

Dhoni:    2/9

Removing t20 world cup( but why? Is it not ICC trophy?):

Dhoni: 2/3

Are these figures really that extra ordinary. Not to forget the kind of match winner down the order that dhoni got who are very crucial in limited overseas format.

12 minutes ago, Pollack said:

I don't know why this non sense of Ganguly not winning ICC trophy is brought about in comparison to dhoni.

Ganguly played 3 champions trophy.Reached final in one.One we were joint winner but had match been continued we would have won it easily.One was bad. One world cup final as a captain.

Dhoni played 2 champions trophy won 1. Played one world cup as a captain and won one. Played 6 t20 world cups as a captain and won 1!!!!

Overall ICC trophy record:

Ganguly: 1/4 with two finals

Dhoni:    2/9

Removing t20 world cup( but why? Is it not ICC trophy?):

Dhoni: 2/3

Are these figures really that extra ordinary. Not to forget the kind of match winner down the order that dhoni got who are very crucial in limited overseas format.

Dhoni has won more and is more successful as a captain, if thats what you are getting at.