Most Worthless Player of IPL 2017 - [WINNER DECLARED]

Texan

Most Worthless IPL 2017  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the most Worthless Player of IPL 2017?

• Ajinkya Rahane
    • MS Dhoni
    • Chris Gayle
    • AB DeVilliers
    • Ishant Sharma
    • Karun Nair
    • Shane Watson
    • Rohit Sharma
    • Tymal Mills
    • Trent Boult
    • Stuart Binny
    • Mandeep Singh
    • Lasith Malinga
    • Someone else

I won't consider Dhoni the most worthless because a player's value should not be judged based only on runs he scored or wickets he took, especially, in a commercial venture like IPL. IPL is all about brand value, the sponsors and spectators a player can bring onto the table. Example is KKR, they failed badly in early editions of IPL, but they were one of the very few franchisees that earned profit. Dhoni still does bring a lot of those things for RPS. Take an example of Yuvraj, his IPL numbers have underwhelming all seasons but still teams bids big for him, for the brand value that he brings in. 

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

I won't consider Dhoni the most worthless because a player's value should not be judged based only on runs he scored or wickets he took, especially, in a commercial venture like IPL. IPL is all about brand value, the sponsors and spectators a player can bring onto the table. Example is KKR, they failed badly in early editions of IPL, but they were one of the very few franchisees that earned profit. Dhoni still does bring a lot of those things for RPS. Take an example of Yuvraj, his IPL numbers have underwhelming all seasons but still teams bids big for him, for the brand value that he brings in. 

Doesn't matter for the purpose of this thread series. This is purely on cricket performances in the season.

Edited by Texan

57 minutes ago, CG said:

Even India agrees with icf Dhoni is never in the Ipl fantasy team top 5 which they show on TV.

Even likes of Tiwary are ahead of him.

What a downfall. There was a time he was favorite in every poll but today even on ICF people do not vote for him in any poll (for eg best IPL captain one he is tied). I remember when a well known troll here used to quote The Dark Knight - You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain

57 minutes ago, New guy said:

What a downfall. There was a time he was favorite in every poll but today even on ICF people do not vote for him in any poll (for eg best IPL captain one he is tied). I remember when a well known troll here used to quote The Dark Knight - You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain

:hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical: ICF

1 hour ago, New guy said:

your "abc" will be listed if this is for a all time worthless player :p:

5 minutes ago, velu said:

your "abc" will be listed if this is for a all time worthless player :p:

Dinda ll be ranked above that abc one :hysterical: with the bat ofcourse 

Edited by Viper

2 minutes ago, sscomp32 said:

:giggle:

Title should be second worthless player. 

Everybody knows who will icf vote for. 

I will be shocked if he doesn't. 

On second thoughts icf may vote for others to show they are fair or to troll dhoni fans. 

There are many others also who are performing poorly. Still some league matches to go and some players may turn their form.

15 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Don't know how I missed Rahane. My vote goes to Rahane.

Holy sh!t rahane really flew under the radar, didn't he? :laugh: Everyone forgot about him:giggle:, yeah he's been even more useless than dhoni, but he's not paid as much as dhoni, now is he? Dhoni is still the most worthless in this IPL but rahane isn't far behind.

The fact that pune has done so well despite having both rahane and dhoni in the same team is amazing, respect to Smith and Goenka :bow: