Bring back Dhoni please

3 hours ago, bleaf27 said:

Ofcourse they should be benched when not performing but this topic being Dhoni, I don't see him as the concern. Yuvi, Sharma, jadeja, Ashwin, jadhav people like those need to be looked at. 

I doubt you can ever see him as the concern. :laugh1:

Kohli is a big disappointment as a captain. None of the guys who are volatile emotionally can be good captains because under pressure, they will not be calm and let their emotions cloud their judgment. As a batsman, he is different but as a captain, he seems clueless when under the pump. 

He also seems to have the pathetic Indian mentality of cronyism and picking his butt buddies and picking the team based on feel good factor and winning combination rather than being rational and use logic in picking players based on conditions and opposition. He is a lot more conservative and defensive than adventurous or aggressive.

We need a ruthless captain who will do anything and everything to win. Who picks players who deliver and not with whom he can crack jokes in Punjabi and drink lassi with at the end of the day. A captain who can read the game, the opposition and situation well and also makes out of the box decisions which can catch the opposition off guard. 

Kohli has none of the qualities to become a great captain. He is not even half the captain that Ganguly was. If he wants to improve, he would do well to learn from him rather than someone like Dhoni who seems like an influence on him now.

Every tournament and world cup has different format mostly. 1999 WC was different, 2003 was different from 1999, then 2007 was the worst format, and then 2011 was similar to 1996, then there was 2015 format and now finally they gave gone to just at 10 team world cup tournament where each team will play everyone like done in 1992 wc. Top 4 from 10 qualify for semis.  No groups. 

Best format

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Its not about Dhoni.  His time is ending.   But VK has some obvious flaws in his captaincy.  And that's an issue for the Indian team to address. 

I believe a captain can only impact his team's results about 20% - 80% is due to the innate skills and abilities of the team - but that 20% can be in either direction.  Positive or negative.  Arguably, Dhoni increased the team's winning chances by some amount during his captaincy - he had his days where his choices backfired too, but they worked more often than not.  So far, VK has had more good days than bad with his choices and judgement.  Let's hope he can improve his captaincy the way he has improved his batting graph.  Every reason to believe that he will.  

There's no doubt Dhoni is the better captain! Dhoni was special and led us to all 3 tournaments during his era. No one will ever repeat that.

OP makes a good point though, no one wants irrational, knee jerk changes, however, I do not want us to flop in the 2019 WC! Perhaps a change of captaincy is something that needs to be thought about.

Dhoni was there in 2015 wc.This tournament had almost same pattern of progress as we seen it in 2015 wc.Top order looked invincible till SF and we exploded due to pressure in SF chasing 330.Atleast we can argue that it was ruthlessness of Australia..But here we are beaten by minnow and captainji saying no shame losing to better side..

5 hours ago, Pollack said:

I doubt you can ever see him as the concern. :laugh1:

I do not have a crush on him bud , his glovework is quite good - even in this CT he outscored a lot of our batsman and did quite well with the gloves.  The concern is with some other superstars , his time to go is coming soon

37 minutes ago, bleaf27 said:

I do not have a crush on him bud , his glovework is quite good - even in this CT he outscored a lot of our batsman and did quite well with the gloves.  The concern is with some other superstars , his time to go is coming soon

Can he dive and go for 1st slip catches? Yes he was more than adequate as a LOI keeper because of his batting ability and safe technique to spin etc but not any more.

i still think he should be around in some capacity for the next few months so that he can groom Pant/ Kishen in internationals

I mean no disrespect to anyone and am sure that everyone here is accomplished in their own way.  However, I think that those forumers who have actually led teams at work- led them in the sense of managing them daily, writing their reviews and recommending pay increases and bonuses, and delivering multiple projects against tight deadlines - will realize that hiring, promoting (or not promoting) your reports, constantly motivating them, creating leaders to manage and motivating them despite occasional failure is not a simple thing.  

But we seem to be dealing in extremes and ignore reality in both asking for the return of Dhoni as captain and also/ or wanting Kohli to be sacked.  Even if we were to do it, in the real world neither move is straightforward.  

Is there hope that Kohli will learn from this debacle and adjust?  Can we (or not) trust him to up his captaincy skills just as he has upped his individual game?  What is the fix for this debacle?  Did he not show (and receive praise) for his attacking captaincy in Tests?  So can we (or not) hope he will learn from this?

If we get Dhoni back- what happens to the morale of your best player, Kohli?  And what does Dhoni bring to the table over the next 2 years as a player (far less a captain)?  What message do we send to the rest of the team?

So we get another captain, apart from Kohli or Dhoni.  But who?  Rohit Sharma?  Why?   And will the new captain get enough time to settle in by WC 2019?

In my opinion it will, and should, take a lot more than the loss of one final, or the mistakes made in one tournament.  

Edited by NameGoesHere
1 hour ago, bleaf27 said:

Don't bother explaining him lol he is long time hater