Who can tame Kohli ?

Bad times ahead for Indian cricket with Kohli seemingly becoming all powerful overlord of Indian team who doesnt listen to the coach. You can see this in how he is backing some of his buddies like Yuvi, Ash, Jaddu, Rahane etc despite their poor performances and they continue to feature in the side for Windies tour. It doesnt augur well for World Cup in 2019.

Somebody needs to reign him in and make him realize that its Team India and not Team Kohli. Learn some humility, learn to be a better captain and learn to be a team man. But I dont see anybody who can make him do that.

I also think superstar culture has to go for any team to become successful and consistent as Aussies of 2000s(or even come close to that). The team should be above the individual but the adulation from media and fans inflate the egos of the players and make them think they are superheros. If they are grounded and work hard and keep learning, they are more likely to do well for the team. But unfortunately, I dont see this changing any time soon because there are way too many useless people who have nothing better to do than idolize every movie star and cricketer and make them feel like demi gods.

3 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

I also think superstar culture has to go for any team to become successful and consistent as Aussies of 2000s(or even come close to that). The team should be above the individual but the adulation from media and fans inflate the egos of the players and make them think they are superheros. If they are grounded and work hard and keep learning, they are more likely to do well for the team. But unfortunately, I dont see this changing any time soon because there are way too many useless people who have nothing better to do than idolize every movie star and cricketer and make them feel like demi gods.

I don't think it will go with IPL being around. They will be treated as superstars with Bollywood stuffs and parties.

Current Indian team have players who have achieved nothing special as such apart from Dhoni and Yuvraj. Jadeja, Dhawan,Rohit, Kohli, Ashwin etc. haven't achieved much. Some players complained about Harsha bhogle not being biased enough to praise and finally got him sacked.The two reasons I support Kumble on this saga are:

1) Hate superstar culture. These players are getting commentators and coaches sacked. Each player regards Indian team as his sole proprietorship.

2) Kumble could have been sidelined with dignity and without drama.Kohli's blackmailing of resigning if kumble didn't go is childish and immature.

12 minutes ago, StriKe said:

I don't think it will go with IPL being around. They will be treated as superstars with Bollywood stuffs and parties.

I think IPL is good in many ways as it keeps the cricketers competitive and gives them opportunity to learn from different coaches, team mates and also playing against players of international quality. But with the good aspects also come the bad. Players need to learn to handle fame, money etc and let it not go to their heads. Current trend of cricketers getting coaches, commentators sacked is not good.

No one can tame Kohli. And a captain does not necessarily need to tamed, or even collaborated with-- if the captain is good strategist, a good tactician and a good man-manager. Whether Kohli is any one of those things is debatable. He needs all the help he can get - not as a batsman, but as a captain - but he is apparently too stubborn to accept any sort of guidance.

2 minutes ago, mishra said:

With due respect, I think Aamer has tamed him. I hope he comes out strong next time we meet.

Not in terms of his batting. He is more likely to score a hundred against Pak in the next game. I'm talking in terms of his influence on the team. There needs to be different opinions on decision making, team selection, strategy than being an one man calls everything type show. Otherwise, you are more likely to make mistakes because you may not be able to see the bigger picture, like the coach can.

Edited by kubrickian
2 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

Not in terms of his batting. He is more likely to score a hundred against Pak in the next game. I'm talking in terms of his influence on the team. There needs to be different opinions on decision making, team selection, strategy than being an one man calls everything type show. Otherwise, you are more likely to make mistakes because you may not be able to see the bigger picture, like the coach can.

As @Vilander He has already used up his veto. You dont fight a legend like Jumbo and come out strong. He is already tamed on influence wise too.

Now on,whatever next appointed Coach asks him He has no choice but to listen or accept.

Sachin.

I dont think Indian team needs a head coach. There are already plenty of assistant coaches and trainer who does the coaching part anyways. We just need a manager/mentor type person. Doubt anyone can disrespect Sachin or put him down in any way. I think he does not hold any position in BCCI. 

1 minute ago, mishra said:

^ Sachin is too softy. If you really want a personality then You need someone like Dada.

The dressing room will become a war zone. Both have huge egos and dont back down.

You need someone with strong character but with extremely good man management skills. Moody could be the one but dont think they are considering him as an option as BCCI said they need more options even after Moody showed interest.

2 minutes ago, kubrickian said:

The dressing room will become a war zone. Both have huge egos and dont back down.

You need someone with strong character but with extremely good man management skills. Moody could be the one but dont think they are considering him as an option as BCCI said they need more options even after Moody showed interest.

If Kohli cant get on with Kumble. There is no guarantee he will get on with next coach. Hence I said. He must stand down. It will be great for his career. Dont mind BCCI keeping Kohli on captains perk as incentive/bonus.

2 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Current Indian team have players who have achieved nothing special as such apart from Dhoni and Yuvraj. Jadeja, Dhawan,Rohit, Kohli, Ashwin etc. haven't achieved much. Some players complained about Harsha bhogle not being biased enough to praise and finally got him sacked.The two reasons I support Kumble on this saga are:

1) Hate superstar culture. These players are getting commentators and coaches sacked. Each player regards Indian team as his sole proprietorship.

2) Kumble could have been sidelined with dignity and without drama.Kohli's blackmailing of resigning if kumble didn't go is childish and immature.

Lets come up with some idea  how the ARROGANT  can be tamed and he and his EGO brought to earth:  

Mind you we have not seen such arrogance from Gavaskar , Kapil , Vengsarkar, Spin trios, Sachin , Sehwag ( though talks like idiot

nowadys), Kumble, Dravid, Ganguly ,Laxman . All legends 

My 2 cents :-

1.  Create an environment in which the message goes that if someone tries to behave larger than life -  Selectors will  strip him from                          captaincy and will also throw him  out of the team till he mends his ways . 

This environment  needs to be  created by BCCI administration. Wishful thinking !!  May be COA can do. 

2.  Team Selection :

-  Include men of standing with integrity , fearless and no ass lickers for money in selection committee Like Vengsarkar, Mohinder,                       More etc.

- Never include the players who he wants in 15 man team. Yes they should not be in the 15 ( unless all selectors also agree) .

- Include as many new faces as possible .

-  take back selection veto power of Captain.

2.    Make  a hard nosed non  nonsense guy as  Director of test team. He will be with the team always 

Right person  none other Gauti. Love his guts and not an ass licker of anyone 

Next time he throws any tantrum at Gauti , he will strip his pants !

3.     Give him only Test captaincy . Remove him from other 2 formats .

4.    Make a list of all the players who have business connections with the companies He is having stake . 

Monitor how he approaches in selection matters of these guys. 

If he promotes them , highlight these .

IDEA is whole of india should question if he tries favoritism . 

5.   Set out clear instructions to be followed re: team practice , outing etc. Anyone breaking the rules will be liable to be thrown out of                        team by  Team director.

6.   Watch his behavior for 2-3 months . If he still carries on his tantrums , conduct a fitness test and make him undergo fitness test for 4               days  6 hours per day  . The person certifying the fitness  should be one  who has undergone stringent military drills   .

7. On fifth day   declare him unfit and ask him go through re habilitation.  After re- habilitation  conduct again fitness test . Same military

man  will make him run 30 rounds  each to NCA grounds  in the morning and again in the afternoon for a week . He will be asked to                perform  all possible drills the fitness expert can think of to ensure FULL FITNESS !!

8.  If by this time he passes fitness test ask him to play minimum 2 first class games to consider  his selection.    

9.   Whenever tests are going to be played  in sub- continent , be kind enough to give him Rest stating that he is the back bone of indian               team and needs REST !.

10.  His name should be first one to be selected whenever we are touring AUS, SA , ENG . 

11. On re selection in 15 , do not include him in the eleven . Make him  12th man and ask all 11 players to  give him as much work as  

possible. only after this consider him in the eleven for future tests. 

I think by this time all his Nasha would he evaporated and the only place he can do his Nautanki will be in Kapil sharma's Shows and 

show his bossgiri at his home or if he has stopped the praactice of going home by now  ( quite possible) , he will have to show it with his         live in / GF whoever it is .  OK thats none of our business . 

DOSTO ...   what you think its workable .  

Any new ideas Welcome