New India coach discussion thread [Update : Ravi Shastri is the Coach]

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/india-in-west-indies/new-coach-bcci-ceo-set-to-meet-virat-kohli-and-team-in-jamaica/articleshow/59458612.cms

New coach: BCCI CEO set to meet Virat Kohli and team in Jamaica

NEW DELHI: The BCCI Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Rahul Johri will be in Jamaica to meet Indian captain Virat Kohli and his team, in an attempt to get a feedback on the appointment of the new head coach.

Johri is expected to arrive in Kingston by Wednesday evening to have a detailed discussion with skipper Kohli on the appointment of the coach and other support staff.

"Yes, Rahul has left for Jamaica with permission of the Committee of Administrators (COA). He has been instructed with the task of getting feedback from the captain and the team. The team's feedback will then be passed to the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) to take all parameters into account," a BCCI official privy to the development said.

The move is perceived by many as BCCI and COA's method of trying to gauge the mood of the team as they don't want any discord over new appointee.

A few days ago, Kohli had said that he will only air his view if the BCCI asks for it.

5 minutes ago, diga said:

So, have the interviews been completed? 

I guess they would have may be but they will not release that info to public to keep as a suspense and avoid public reaction who would be hoping why the announcement wasn't done earlier if the folks have been interviewed.

I guess since its the D-day today,all the candidates must have been interviewed by now.

On 27/06/2017 at 11:19 AM, beetle said:

They will have to have a team of coaches .Team players

Team coaches

Team mentors.

MI is the biggest employer .

3 times IPL champions. Your dravid could achieve jacksh!t neither with RR nor Delhi. :p: Mumbai has money and it spends on huge Think tank and it works. :yay:

Cricket Advisory Committee needed more time and needed to speak to the India captain Virat Kohli before finalising on Anil Kumble's successor.

Sent from my S6s using Tapatalk

Looks like trouble for the RAT... Ganguly won't budge and allow Sashtri to cone back easily.

Looks like Virat's bluff will be called soon...

15 minutes ago, gambhirfan said:

India to remain without a head coach for the Lankan tour Cac needs some more time read that on Espn cricinfo

If this is true then some more indirect blackmailing to be done by kohli about Shastri to CAC. CAC may not be agreeing on Shastri. 

35 minutes ago, gambhirfan said:

Cricket Advisory Committee needed more time and needed to speak to the India captain Virat Kohli before finalising on Anil Kumble's successor.

Or on second thought it may be an attempt to buy some time to avoid backlash from fans since Shastri has been selected.