Dhoniconda suffocating India now

3 hours ago, Lannister said:

There's a daylight difference between Kohli and Dhoni's approach. Whenever Kohli is at the crease, you can see the other batsman becoming more positive and confident with his shot selections. But with Dhoni around, there's always some kind of pressure on you to up the runrate to make up for his slow rate. That's why you rarely see Indian lower order bail us out of trouble. 

Wasnt Dhoni like that early on his career ? And Virat plays at three can always play with more freedom with wickets in hand , unlike @4-5 where you cant afford to lose your wicket and match is likely over after that . 

Let the responsibility of winning matches come entirely on Virats shoulders , I wont be surprised if he moves down the order in the next 2 years and you will most likely see the change in his batting . if you forget what stage of the career they are , the thought process of both Virat and Dhoni while chasing is very similar .  

15 minutes ago, Praggy said:

Iyer has done enough recently that he deserves chances or maybe I am  mixing up the formats. Anyways I forgot Rahul earlier, so you can slot him at 4.

I know based on domestic scores he deseres it , but Iyers game is little edgy , lot of cross batted shots . Rahul ideally should open , but since Dhawan seems to be doing well he could be tried at 4 , but then again its not his natural slot . 

6 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Wasnt Dhoni like that early on his career ? And Virat plays at three can always play with more freedom with wickets in hand , unlike @4-5 where you cant afford to lose your wicket and match is likely over after that . 

Let the responsibility of winning matches come entirely on Virats shoulders , I wont be surprised if he moves down the order in the next 2 years and you will most likely see the change in his batting . if you forget what stage of the career they are , the thought process of both Virat and Dhoni while chasing is very similar .  

Don't bother he is a hater... He made posts like he is cancer blah blah  blah don't waste your time on that guy.. 

4 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

First they wanted Dhoni out of captaincy when Virat took over they were happy and now crying like babies again that he is this he that... If that slogger pant gets out cheaply they want someone else LOL wo kise ka nahi hai bro don't waste your time 

Haha I know 

I have been saying for a while , Virat will be the most hated captain ever infact its happening much sooner than I expected .

7 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Let us just stick to reality for now, ie. Dhoni's current abilities. Do you think he deserves to be in the team? He couldn't get the job done of chasing a paltry score of 200, and let us not even discuss about his vaning finishing abilities, which I think is pretty much overrated. 

Let us just stick to reality for now, ie. Dhoni's current abilities. Do you think he deserves to be in the team? He couldn't get the job done of chasing a paltry score of 200, and let us not even discuss about his vaning finishing abilities, which I think is pretty much overrated. 

8 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Thats one aspect which hasnt changed , it was his self belief which made him the player he was but now may be he needs to re assess that . Dhoni matured into arguably the best finisher ever cos he put a price on his wicket and chose not to play for the gallery, had he continued being "fearless" he would not won as many matches as he did for us . its Under him we turned from being the worst chasers to a team which could chase any total and you will see how badly we are going to suck chasing in the next few years unless miraculously we find some great talents or Virat keeps winning matches for you every time . 

i agree with you said and i have high regard for dhoni ability in odi cricket but in all this finisher thing he has forgotten art of batsmanship in general,he doesnt play on the merit of the ball because he is so engrossed in staying till end he misses chances to hit even bad balls for 4s or 6s

i agree he made a great difference to us being best chasers but i dont think we are winning anything chasing with him batting the way he is and we never gonna win as well with this kind of approach,so its best lets hope and back the new players coming through to finish or close games in their own style because sa i said we are not winning chasing the way he he is playing anyway so why not try an new method if we are gonna lose

dhoni is prime example of playing it safe to an extant sometimes giving too much respect to even **** bowlers,if you remeber his great finish in 2013 agnst Lanka it was once again in his own classic flawed style but he is still trying to do the same with waning abilities

15 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Thats one aspect which hasnt changed , it was his self belief which made him the player he was but now may be he needs to re assess that . Dhoni matured into arguably the best finisher ever cos he put a price on his wicket and chose not to play for the gallery, had he continued being "fearless" he would not won as many matches as he did for us . its Under him we turned from being the worst chasers to a team which could chase any total and you will see how badly we are going to suck chasing in the next few years unless miraculously we find some great talents or Virat keeps winning matches for you every time . 

When sachin saw his team mates failing around him, he changed his approach too and became much less attacking and won more matches. Yet he was called selfish for that

13 hours ago, SK_IH said:

i agree with you said and i have high regard for dhoni ability in odi cricket but in all this finisher thing he has forgotten art of batsmanship in general,he doesnt play on the merit of the ball because he is so engrossed in staying till end he misses chances to hit even bad balls for 4s or 6s

i agree he made a great difference to us being best chasers but i dont think we are winning anything chasing with him batting the way he is and we never gonna win as well with this kind of approach,so its best lets hope and back the new players coming through to finish or close games in their own style because sa i said we are not winning chasing the way he he is playing anyway so why not try an new method if we are gonna lose

dhoni is prime example of playing it safe to an extant sometimes giving too much respect to even **** bowlers,if you remeber his great finish in 2013 agnst Lanka it was once again in his own classic flawed style but he is still trying to do the same with waning abilities

Very true. This was very evident in that painful fifty in the 4th ODI. The idea to stay till the end is fine, but tuk tuking to hittable balls is not. 

On 7/3/2017 at 9:08 PM, jusarrived said:

On the contrary he should relax and stop batting like everything depends on him , may then we will know how good the Likes of Jadhav are . Dhoni has always played like this , even Virat does exactly the same they do not take risks till a point they have to . I will not be surprised Virat becomes even more circumspect than he is now if he does not get the support from middle order . As for Dhoni , even though his approach hasnt changed he does not have the same ability he had few years back , so its time he changes his approach .

Dhoni has some major limitations which has always hampered his stroke play particularly through offside.He is your slogger with brain and brawn.His style is suited when their is start otherwise most times he has failed when top order has failed.I think if at peak he was not a top order prospect now its ridiculous he should bat higher,He still can slog few at end ,pandya has to bat higher.

10 hours ago, CoverDrive said:

For some reason I am suddenly getting lot of Dhoni promoting videos in my Facebook as advertisement or suggested videos. Things with captions like "Remember this when Dhoni blah blah" "Don't forget dhoni saved India in XYZ match" 

Dhoni PR agency seems to be investing some dollars in his Social media promos it seems :giggle:

His cricket and performance should promote him. PR is total nonsense. When will this nightmare stop?