Pant's innings today VS Dhoni's previous T20I innings

45 minutes ago, jusarrived said:

Wont happen . The replacement if they are looking for is that for a finisher , not for wicket keeper -batsmen

And why room for one keeper ? yesterdays match had 3 ? 

There is no specific role in cricket called a "finisher" ...if chasing 300-

3 players get 294-4th batsman gets 6 runs doesn't make him a "finisher"

there are openers,middle order batsmen and lower middle order batsmen and tail. 

No one trains to be a finisher-sure you can say a batsman has the "mental temparament" to finish games- it is all subjective-there's is no technique or visible parameters to gauge that.

if our wk-bat is poor we replace him with a wk-bat period...This finisher nonsense is bs.

13 hours ago, Laaloo said:

These guys have a habit of attacking the poster rather than the post. I'm surprised you expected anything different. :no:

dude someone like you who unabashedly hates a region of your own country, and proudly displays it whilst being a moderator of a website should definitely expect it.  I mean you hate south india and call them southies as if its accepted classification, unabashedly unapolegeticly racist, so yeah hate begets hate laloo. enjoy it.

10 minutes ago, Vilander said:

dude someone like you who unabashedly hates a region of your own country, and proudly displays it whilst being a moderator of a website should definitely expect it.  I mean you hate south india and call them southies as if its accepted classification, unabashedly unapolegeticly racist, so yeah hate begets hate laloo. enjoy it.

Did we not just go over this the other day?

9 hours ago, New guy said:

You guys are kidding right? DK won't last long and there is only room for one wicketkeeper bat in the team. If Pant clicks Dhoni will be dropped and a pure batsman take his place

i am in favour of dropping dhoni but at this stage this side needs a opening batsman who plays more freely,i would say jadhav is competing directly with dhoni for his batting role but pity he is batting too low

lets suppose if pant had been given chances to open ,whose place would have taken?

Dhoni has been a liability in T20s for ages now. He has lost us games by his inability to score fast and not being able to close games at the end. In the last 10 years in terms of SR, he stands at a grand rank of #45 amongst batsmen who have scored more than 500 T20I runs. What's he doing in the team again?

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=3;filter=advanced;orderby=batting_strike_rate;qualmax1=10000;qualmin1=500;qualval1=runs;spanmax1=11+Jul+2017;spanmin1=11+Jul+2007;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting

39 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Dhoni has been a liability in T20s for ages now. He has lost us games by his inability to score fast and not being able to close games at the end. In the last 10 years in terms of SR, he stands at a grand rank of #45 amongst batsman who have scored more than 500 T20I runs. What's he doing in the team again?

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=3;filter=advanced;orderby=batting_strike_rate;qualmax1=10000;qualmin1=500;qualval1=runs;spanmax1=11+Jul+2017;spanmin1=11+Jul+2007;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting

Bhaisaab you're preaching to the choir here. Some icfers want to live in a bubble regarding Dhoni. Dont burst it for them. They will now quote your post and mention that Dhonis s/r from the 16th to the 20th over. 

Edited by Laaloo
21 hours ago, jusarrived said:

Hes not fighting for Dhonis spot , DK is a middle order bat and hes competing with Dhoni to an extent . 

Pant bats in middle order in every grade now. He does not open even for Delhi.

Edited by rkt.india
4 hours ago, SK_IH said:

i am in favour of dropping dhoni but at this stage this side needs a opening batsman who plays more freely,i would say jadhav is competing directly with dhoni for his batting role but pity he is batting too low

lets suppose if pant had been given chances to open ,whose place would have taken?

As people said Pant hasn't been an opener for ages

12 hours ago, Gambit said:

Dhoni has been a liability in T20s for ages now. He has lost us games by his inability to score fast and not being able to close games at the end. In the last 10 years in terms of SR, he stands at a grand rank of #45 amongst batsmen who have scored more than 500 T20I runs. What's he doing in the team again?

but but but but he has the 2nd highest average in the team in that period so everything is good. :makeup:

On 11/07/2017 at 1:16 AM, maniac said:

There is no specific role in cricket called a "finisher" ...if chasing 300-

3 players get 294-4th batsman gets 6 runs doesn't make him a "finisher"

there are openers,middle order batsmen and lower middle order batsmen and tail. 

No one trains to be a finisher-sure you can say a batsman has the "mental temparament" to finish games- it is all subjective-there's is no technique or visible parameters to gauge that.

if our wk-bat is poor we replace him with a wk-bat period...This finisher nonsense is bs.

you think its just a coincidence we have been struggling to chase even 250+ totals in the past couple of years , thats happening with some one like Virat in the team, easily the best player chasing ever . You think its got nothing to do with Raina being out of the team and Yuvi and Dhoni not being their old self ? 

its all coincidence that for a period of nearly 10 years we transformed from a team which could not be trusted to chase 200 to a team which could chase any total ? 

On 2017-7-11 at 0:32 PM, express bowling said:

Exactly.

Pant has been used in the middle-order in both domestic cricket and the IPL.

He has not been an opener in senior-cricket.

On 2017-7-11 at 2:04 PM, New guy said:

As people said Pant hasn't been an opener for ages

A guy called Virender Sehwag never opened at any level of cricket before he was tried at international level.. So was Sanath Jaisurya.