Hot Beverage wars - Coffee or Tea?

coffee_rules

Do you like Coffee or Tea ??  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite beverage, the one you will wake up to or can't talk to anybody before having this first sip in the morning or live without?

• Coffee
    • Tea
    • Others (Bournvita, Boost, Proteinex, Ovaltine, Complan, Horlicks, Hershey's Chocolate Syrup, Nesquick)
    • None which also means you are a Justin Beaver fan

1 hour ago, sourab10forever said:

Anyone tasted jaggery Tea?

It's unique in flavor. Very mild and almost everyone who drinks it likes it.

my grandma prepares jaggery coffee for herself , i prefer it over normal sugar ..

i feel  jaggery reduce the coffee flavor 

3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Shunti (ginger) coffee is mixed with jaggery, amazing for a rare sipping, cant gv it daily. You get it in all Hatti Kaapi shops.

for preparing sukku coffee , jaggery is always used if i am not wrong ..

ok.. sukku is dried ginger ( gogoled )

Edited by velu

56 minutes ago, velu said:

my grandma prepares jaggery coffee for herself , i prefer it over normal sugar ..

i feel  jaggery reduce the coffee flavor 

Yes even jaggery coffee tastes good.

At mullaiyanagiri(Karnataka's highest peak) you get this jaggery coffee. In that cold weather,it's the best thing you can have. Amazing experience.

9 hours ago, MechEng said:

During my stay in Kerala there was a coffee brand called Kumbakonam filter coffee. Best coffee I've ever had.

That's from an area called Kumbakonam in Tamil Nadu.

I have worked there.The authenticated Kumbakonam Coffee from that area is awesome.

Nowhere else you can get that taste.

2 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

That's from an area called Kumbakonam in Tamil Nadu.

I have worked there.The authenticated Kumbakonam Coffee from that area is awesome.

Nowhere else you can get that taste.

I tried Kumbakonam coffee near Padmanabhaswamy temple in Trivandrum. The coffee was not only sweet and milky but simultaneously strong, it was strong enough for anyone not to consume caffeine for hours after having the coffee.

Drink both but not at all addicted to any of it. Company uses Starbucks machine at office so drink that at work. Parents prefer good old Indian tea at home, so drink that at home with them whenever they are home. When they are not home then I often make Cold Coffee from the Nescafe coffee which is always at my house. 

Addicted to chai.:ranger:

The only coffee I will have is the hand beaten one.(coffee powder and sugar + liiiiittle bit water beaten till it is creamy fluffy and very light in color.

Add 3 parts milk+1 part water....hot to one heaped table spoon of the heavenly coffee sugar mix)

Btw what do you add to your tea?

I prefer a milky tea and add laichee (cardamom), saunf (fennel seeds), ginger, ajwain, and sometimes honey instead of sugar. 

Once in a while, experiment with some premade tea masala/cinnamon.

3 hours ago, Detonator said:

I like those coffee served in these bronze dabarahs. 

main-qimg-35ac254e29d00304ec70a1a8867423

More than the coffee, milk plays a huge part in the taste. Buffalo milk or kangeyam milk tastes miles better than supermarket milk. 

buffalo milk is :yuck: