Looking at Rahul, Rahane as opening options - Kohli. Pateince ka problem hai kohli ko

Rahul, being an an opener, needed 2 or 3 series to get acclimatized to the the middle-order.  And we had that chance to develop him with NZ and SL playing bilaterals with us.

His biggest plus is his ability to hit big 6s .... something our middle order does not have barring Pandya.

I don't like or understand this analysis by Kohli.  Once a player is selected, he needs quite a few chances.

1 hour ago, jf1gp_1 said:

exactly, everyone is excited about pant but the kid needs time to mature. We anyways struggling with no 4 and 5, pandya is just started to settle in, we have replaced jaddu and ashwin with young spinners, now add pant and remove Dhoni. We would lose to SL as well.   

Didn't we lose to this same Srilanka team in CT, with young Dhoni showing off his gymnastic skills? 

3 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

never understood this thought process. Indian ODI team is doing well, yet Indian fans have problem with their team and want to see it lose. Look at SL thanks to all the chopping and changing. 

most people were clamouring for wrist spinners for long but we stuck with ashwin-jaddu,then it took a final bashing for virat to take cognizance both ashwin n jaddus incompetence in that format. So yeah need a similar wake up call for virat , who to be frank is bordering on insanity by labelling a player middle order option in 2 series and then opener in another series

9 hours ago, Khota said:

rahane === rahul both slightly better than dinesh. All three are good.

Rahane is brilliant in test and absolute below avg in LOI 

Rahul has done well in test and has gr8 potential in LOI 

I dnt knw in what way both are equal 

Dinesh is a failure ...........so slightly is a wrong word. Their is a day light diff 

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Rahane is brilliant in test and absolute below avg in LOI 

Rahul has done well in test and has gr8 potential in LOI 

I dnt knw in what way both are equal 

Dinesh is a failure ...........so slightly is a wrong word. Their is a day light diff 

ODI rahane has not done bad. If anyone tells me the opener will get me 50 runs with slightly less than 100 SR I will take him. I would not discard Rahane.

Rahul is real good too and is the future.

Dinesh in current form is far from a failure. I have no idea what you are saying.

Look atthe results today. I am the only one on this forum who has been saying Karthick is not bad.

Edited by Khota
1 hour ago, Khota said:

ODI rahane has not done bad. If anyone tells me the opener will get me 50 runs with slightly less than 100 SR I will take him. I would not discard Rahane.

Rahul is real good too and is the future.

Dinesh in current form is far from a failure. I have no idea what you are saying.

Look atthe results today. I am the only one on this forum who has been saying Karthick is not bad.

Slightly is 90 s/r not 78 ....78 is poor acc to modern standard

And openers job is convert score......he fails miserably 

U hve no idea- please check his international record and tell what has he done 

On 10/22/2017 at 10:31 AM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Slightly is 90 s/r not 78 ....78 is poor acc to modern standard

And openers job is convert score......he fails miserably 

U hve no idea- please check his international record and tell what has he done 

ODI rahane is not up to the standard, but he has improved to some extent.

1 minute ago, Khota said:

Typo. Should have read rahul. Oh the great one who was the second highest scorer for Inida in the last ODI? your boss dhoni?

hey dhoni is in the advisory senior super senior hand around Kohli shoulder zen art giver role ok. His performance on field is secondary to his remarkable on field advises which clinch games for India many times..be thankful for him ok. 

6 minutes ago, Vilander said:

hey dhoni is in the advisory senior super senior hand around Kohli shoulder zen art giver role ok. His performance on field is secondary to his remarkable on field advises which clinch games for India many times..be thankful for him ok. 

I am very thankful to him. I am especially thankful to the great one for the advise he gives when he is not on the field. Specifically for tests. Due to his advice and encouragement team India is ranked one. I will also seek personal advise form him from this point on.