Pujara - Is it time he was made permanent Test Captain?

Lala2790

Given Pujara's success in the few opportunities he has had at Test cricket to captain, am I the only one that thinks he should be permanent captain?  Pujara reminds me a lot of Misbah in that players love to play under him.

Before the usual Indian clique cry that this is a troll, let us look at the facts;

1) Pujara had success against the world's best captain Steven Smith in a crucial winner takes all match - a match where Kolhi was absent

2) Rumours and innuendo about Kolhi having rifts and being divisive always seem to exist

3) Kolhi was a better player when he was under the leadership of Donhi rather than as a captain

4) He has a very busy schedule playing and captaining in ODIs, T20s and IPL

5) Pujara is an outstanding player - is firmly entrenched in the team and has a good cricketing brain

Surely there are enough reasons to make the change....

Why would you change a test captain when every thing seems to be going right for Indian test team? If we lose badly in South Africa and England, then we can talk about that. Right now there is no use of changing a test captain. Kohli is actually already closing in on becoming one of the greatest test captains from India and also in the world and decnet overseas leg next year will only make him earn more accolades. 

20 minutes ago, Lala2790 said:

Pujara averages more than Kololhi.

By your reasoning, if Kolhi fails in 3 or 4 innings he should be dropped

I am not sure if you have noticed lately in Indian Team, Kohli "Buddies" are treated like Firstborns and others are treated like Stepchildren. Pujara belongs to second category. 

Edited by wanted_desi
9 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

I am not sure if you have noticed lately in Indian Team, Kohli "Buddies" are treated like Firstborns and others are treated like Stepchildren. Pujara belongs to second category. 

All the more reason to sack Kolhi and give the captaincy to Pujara.  Virut is clearly jealous that Pujara is a better test batsman than he is

16 hours ago, Lala2790 said:

1) Pujara had success against the world's best captain Steven Smith in a crucial winner takes all match - a match where Kolhi was absent

2) Rumours and innuendo about Kolhi having rifts and being divisive always seem to exist

3) Kolhi was a better player when he was under the leadership of Donhi rather than as a captain

Rahane was captain in that test match, not Pujara.

The rest of your trolling "effort" is as accurate as point # 1.  

11 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Wowee, you're still on the bite.

Lala2790 bowls a leg spinning delivery, drifts in, pitches outside leg and rips past Vijy's outside edge where it is fumbled (again) by Akmal behind the stumps.

Vijy really doesn't have a clue how to handle Lala2790 here

On 11/8/2017 at 2:51 AM, wanted_desi said:

Once Pujara fails in 4 or 5 inning, Rohit is going to replace him in the team and you are talking about making him captain. If i am Pujara, i would be really worried. 

If Pujara fails, Thats instant game over for him. And also that will start game over for Captain Clueless Kohli too.

2 hours ago, sourab10forever said:

Kohli the test captain is doing wonders. Its the LoIs that has to be dealt with. Why even discuss this...

He has been given a team of pacers also he hasnt been allowed to whatever pleases him.

once kohli gets complete freedom to select proper team of his t20 tailunts for tests, i am certain that team will start doing better than Dhoni