Kamlesh Singh Nagarkoti - 17-year-old (another potential 90 mph fast bowler)

rkt.india

6 hours ago, nitinbwj said:

I saw a video when he is clearly chucking at the point of release.

He has the cleanest action one can find, he is on the slender side, arm is ram rod straight, doesn't even hyper extend, befuddles me , when u are making a comment which doesn't even have 1% substance, his action has been praised by the best coaches n it's a visible proof as well, only thing that comes to my mind is when u snap the wrist n the camera angle is from behind at  a height u will see that as a glitch, but any one with min knowledge of the game can see a great action. 

1 hour ago, MCcricket said:
7 hours ago, nitinbwj said:

I saw a video when he is clearly chucking at the point of release.

He has the cleanest action one can find, he is on the slender side, arm is ram rod straight, doesn't even hyper extend, befuddles me , when u are making a comment which doesn't even have 1% substance, his action has been praised by the best coaches n it's a visible proof as well, only thing that comes to my mind is when u snap the wrist n the camera angle is from behind at  a height u will see that as a glitch, but any one with min knowledge of the game can see a great action. 

I have seen these kind of attitude from lot of us Indians in my playing days, as soon as some lad comes to practice and bowls really fast everyone first started suspecting his action "Ye to chhutta mar raha hai" "looks like he is throwing", Not sure what to call this attitude, jealousy, attention freaks, scared to face real quick bowler etc... IMO Kamlesh has nice smooth clean action and at no angle looks suspect. Contrary to all time fast bowlers like Shoaib, Lee, Tait etc... who all had suspect bowling action specially when they were measured bowling 155+ later they came out with all kind of excuse like elbow over flex or under flex.I remember in his first India tour Shoaib was playing first practice game and Kirti Azad was commenting, Kirti straight away mentioned that his action looked Throwing, later on he continued thanks to Dalmiya's veto, if Kamlesh goes on to bowl close to 160K he will be one of the few fastest ever with Clean action

8 hours ago, Yantra said:

I have seen these kind of attitude from lot of us Indians in my playing days, as soon as some lad comes to practice and bowls really fast everyone first started suspecting his action "Ye to chhutta mar raha hai" "looks like he is throwing", Not sure what to call this attitude, jealousy, attention freaks, scared to face real quick bowler etc... IMO Kamlesh has nice smooth clean action and at no angle looks suspect. Contrary to all time fast bowlers like Shoaib, Lee, Tait etc... who all had suspect bowling action specially when they were measured bowling 155+ later they came out with all kind of excuse like elbow over flex or under flex.I remember in his first India tour Shoaib was playing first practice game and Kirti Azad was commenting, Kirti straight away mentioned that his action looked Throwing, later on he continued thanks to Dalmiya's veto, if Kamlesh goes on to bowl close to 160K he will be one of the few fastest ever with Clean action

Shoaib's action was clean.On the contrary it's difficult to chuck with the action he had.

3 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Both Nagarkoti and Mavi have actions which are too good to be natural. A lot of coaching has been behind it. Great work by their coaches. :clap2:

Also their fitness and athleticism are off the charts...they looked like real international cricketers where as the so called meat eating phaaast tailunted pakistani bowlers were huffing and puffing after short spells.

Kudos to their coaches and also BCCI :hatsoff:

7 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Both Nagarkoti and Mavi have actions which are too good to be natural. A lot of coaching has been behind it. Great work by their coaches. :clap2:

Nagarkoti's coach has worked a lot on bio-mechanics though lot of it is very natural too.

12 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Shoaib's action was clean.On the contrary it's difficult to chuck with the action he had.

yes. mostly bowlers who bowls inside their shoulder will be found chucking. most off spinners who are found chucking bowl over their shoulders or inside their shoulders rubbing their bowling hand with their ears.  Not easy for round arm bowlers to chuck.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Who is that “contributor”? Definitely deserves high praise 

Vo bana fast bowling ke liye hai”, says his coach Surendra Rathore, who describes his relationship with Nagarkoti more as father-son rather than that of a coach and a student.

“His action is perfectly supported by his body’s biomechanics and that helps him bowl constantly at high pace at such a young age,” Rathore adds.

“He has super quick reflexes, those really help him in the field and his athletic ability makes him easy to spot when you see a game, he is a handy middle order batsmen as well and has won a lot of matches for the club with the bat,” says Rathore.

“We just worked on aligning his bowling action and also on his strength, after that he hasn’t looked back,” the coach adds.

http://www.news18.com/cricketnext/news/icc-u-19-world-cup-armykid-kamlesh-nagarkoti-was-born-to-bowl-fast-1635299.html

Edited by rkt.india
1 hour ago, Pollack said:

Both Nagarkoti and Mavi have actions which are too good to be natural. A lot of coaching has been behind it. Great work by their coaches. """:clap2:

When Mavi was injured someone advised him to concentrate more on "accuracy", in other words turn into a line and length trundler. But Mavi did the smart thing and didn't listen to that dumb*'s advise. Changed his bowling action to a more open chested one but still clocked high speeds with good control.

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Great read. On the one hand you have this kid who came out of nowhere, and on the other hand you have Arjun Tendulkar who possibly has the best training at his disposal and last I heard he was barely breaking 80mph. Maybe it's true that fast bowlers cannot be made.

This is not to say at all that Arjun cannot become a skillful bowler, he may very well become one, but my point is purely about speed.

Nagarkoti was quick even at age 8! Would be interesting to know whether it's genes, or conditioning at a young age: running a lot etc. He can write a book about it.