A half century of centuries for VK

Wasn't it same wicket on which Sri Lanka collapsed 75/7 where Kohli scored 100 is 87 balls.When he gets out cheaply he can't play swing but when he scores 100 on the same track it becomes flat pitch.

No one is he saying he has perfect technique but he is already a top three batsman ever from India and top five from Asia and far better than any pakistani batsman ever.

5 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Agreed. Watch the whole world emulate Kohli’s feat in few years. Its just so easy to bat these days. Even a kaka can pick up a bat and hit sixes on these wickets. 

easier said then done, had that been the case pak wudnt have been going back n again Umar akmal coz they didnt find any power hitters

There are a lot of 6 hitter in WI team, yet a poor team.......

Yes batting has become easy, quality of bowling has gone down doesnt mean todays batsman dnt have any challenges

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Most of the cricket fans are fickle dude. 10 years from now when ODI par scores become 500, some random dude will score 50 tons in 4 years and same fans will say 'Kohli kaun?' There is an appalling lack of common sense and knowledge of the history of the game among fans worldwide. 

51 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

The whole world is batting on same wickets. 

Yup. But fans these days are fickle apparently to some peabrains. Kohli will quite easily end up as one of the greatest of his era. Period. 

He is already the greatest odi batsman from India, and  third best test batsmen behind Sunny and Sachin. If he has another 5 years of great cricket , he would end up as India's greatest batsman and captain.

He has already scored the second most hundreds in his first 61 tests. Technically correct batsman Dravid was averaging in his 40s after 60 tests.

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

He is already the greatest odi batsman from India

Nope.

and  third best test batsmen behind Sunny and Sachin.

Absolutely not. Dravid, Sehwag, VVS, Hazare are well ahead. I'd even have Vishy, Azhar and Amarnath ahead as of now.

Technically correct batsman Dravid was averaging in his 40s after 60 tests.

Dravid was averaging 51+ after 60 Tests. And was just about to enter his incredible peak (Eng 2002 - SA 2006). In fact, Dravid's average never dipped below 50 after 39 Tests.

Edited by Jimmy Cliff

Kohli will let his success do the talking like he already has. I still don’t rate him the best Indian test bat as I feel Rahane has earned that even though recently Kohli has been consistent. But I do know when he ends his career, he will not only be the greatest Indian batsman across all formats.l, but also the greatest in the world. He will get ahead of Smith and Root in test too. Long way to go though for him but he is slowly starting to peak and his best days are yet to come in Tests. 

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

To be honest, that England bowling was nowhere as good as they are now or were in 2011 and 2013. 

Maybe but they still had the under-rated Angus Fraser who finished with a better bowling average than both Anderson and Broad. Doesn't explain why a 17 year old managed to surpass VK's 10 innings aggregate in a single match.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Maybe but they still had the under-rated Angus Fraser who finished with a better bowling average than both Anderson and Broad. Doesn't explain why a 17 year old managed to surpass VK's 10 innings aggregate in a single match.

conditions also play a role and can be different series to series.. Cannot compare two different series and say that how he did he do that or not. Players can go through bad form.

12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

conditions also play a role and can be different series to series.. Cannot compare two different series and say that how he did he do that or not. Players can go through bad form.

Well obviously no two batsmen will end up facing the same situation/conditions in which they come out to bat (especially when we are talking about folks who made their debut 22 years apart). But my original post was more in response to the suggestion(s) that Kohli would do well to focus on improving the pathetic overseas records of his selfish predecessors. I just pointed out that one of the esteemed selfish predecessors was able to not only out-score his 5 match aggregate in 1 game, but also ended up saving us the match on his very first tour to England.

10 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Kohli will let his success do the talking like he already has. I still don’t rate him the best Indian test bat as I feel Rahane has earned that even though recently Kohli has been consistent. But I do know when he ends his career, he will not only be the greatest Indian batsman across all formats.l, but also the greatest in the world. He will get ahead of Smith and Root in test too. Long way to go though for him but he is slowly starting to peak and his best days are yet to come in Tests. 

How is Rahane the best test bat , when he cannot sustain his form for whole series. To be a great batsman you need to carry the team when in form for whole series not just perform in one test and disappear in rest.Rahane is a very good batsman but to get into great category he needs to do more.

Kohli has to do more in tests to cement his status as ATG.

10 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

That series and most of the England series from 1990 to 2007 had two things in common England attack was ordinary and most of the series were played on very flat pitches.

Sachin never scored more than two hundreds in any series nor he never reached 500 in any series even though he played 200 tests. How will you explain that ,Kohli has scored more 600 twice already.

Only place where Kohli has struggled is England, but he has played there once he will get another chance to improve if he doesn't do well again then we might have to revisit the issue.

Edited by putrevus
11 hours ago, Jimmy Cliff said:

Nope.

Absolutely not. Dravid, Sehwag, VVS, Hazare are well ahead. I'd even have Vishy, Azhar and Amarnath ahead as of now.

Dravid was averaging 51+ after 60 Tests. And was just about to enter his incredible peak (Eng 2002 - SA 2006). In fact, Dravid's average never dipped below 50 after 39 Tests.

Kohli is far from finished in test and he has scored more hundreds than any other player except Gavaskar.

My bad I mistook Dravid's SR for average.

Edited by putrevus