Was 2-0 loss against SA in 1999-2000 at worst series defeat at home?

On 11/24/2017 at 12:44 PM, Cricketics said:

8-0 was bad but I feel OP is just pointing about or worst series loss at home. Yes in England we were terrible.

I think Trichos wife has left him or something, he seems very sad, hope she comes back soon, or we will be bombarded with more devdas threads.

Edited by MCcricket

I would say the home series to England was worse because after the 4-0 drubbing we received it was supposed to be payback and add stupid ad campaigns like “angrezongi ki pungi” etc :facepalm: 

The South African series loss felt it was more during a transition period because of the aftermath of it which overshadowed every thing else....Also I am not going to blame it on fixing etc...that South African team was super strong...they were stronger than the Aussies of 2001.

37 minutes ago, maniac said:

I would say the home series to England was worse because after the 4-0 drubbing we received it was supposed to be payback and add stupid ad campaigns like “angrezongi ki pungi” etc :facepalm: 

The South African series loss felt it was more during a transition period because of the aftermath of it which overshadowed every thing else....Also I am not going to blame it on fixing etc...that South African team was super strong...they were stronger than the Aussies of 2001.

:cantstop: There were 3 atrocious campaigns within a year or so by Star - "Agneepath" series in Australia (which turned out to be Ladies vs. Ricky Ponting series), "Angrezon ne bajaadi ghanti" series vs England and "Aane do" series vs. Pakistan. All of them backfired spectacularly.

2 hours ago, maniac said:

Those were cringgeworthy ads. Another pathetic one was “Aussie ki Taisi”. 

On 11/25/2017 at 12:54 AM, Gollum said:

Why 2004 is painful for me is because that was a blemish on our great great rivalry with the ATG Aussie team. We were the only team to go toe to toe with them those 10-12 years with the H2H standing 10-10. May be I am pissed off that they won here in 2004 while we were cheated out of 2 series' in 2003-04 and 2007-08.

I dont' think we were cheated out in 2003-04. Australia won fair and square with Steve Waugh and co saving the final Sydney test match. We had a great start to that series with Ganguly's 144 at Brisbane and then the memorable Adelaide victory. Melbourne was going good until Sehwag was out for 195 but then Ricky Ponting and co won it for Australia. 

2007-08 series, I fully agree with you on the question of cheating. 

In 2004-05 home series with Australia, we got cheated too. First the rained off match in Chennai when Veeru n Co are on the way for a famous 4th innings chase and then the politics etc. contributing to a green pitch in Nagpur. 

3 minutes ago, sarcastic said:

I dont' think we were cheated out in 2003-04. Australia won fair and square with Steve Waugh and co saving the final Sydney test match. We had a great start to that series with Ganguly's 144 at Brisbane and then the memorable Adelaide victory. Melbourne was going good until Sehwag was out for 195 but then Ricky Ponting and co won it for Australia. 

In 2004-05 home series with Australia, we got cheated too. First the rained off match in Chennai when Veeru n Co are on the way for a famous 4th innings chase and then the politics etc. contributing to a green pitch in Nagpur. 

2003 Sydney most of us forget this...there were some  4 or 5 close shouts that umpires didnt give out on that day.. bucknor was there I think..esp against kumble. Aussies were 7 down I think by close of play. 

But to be frank we were probably lucky that McGrath and Warne didn't play in that series. Without McGrath for us was such a boon.. almost like playing a test without Ashwin in India.

Edited by Vk1
11 hours ago, sarcastic said:

In the 2003 series - there were a lot of close LBWs that were not given in favor of the Aussies.  Especially with the new ball against Langer and Hayden.  I still remember Irfan Pathan had Hayden pinned at the crease in his debut match, but he didn't even get a full-throated appeal out - probably because he was a nervous debutant.  Replays clearly showed he was out - in today's DRS terms, it would have been 3 reds.   And that's just one among many.  Langer in particular, should have been out at least twice - and in that set of high scoring test matches, early wickets would have made a big dent into the Aussies.  

2 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Lol, Trichro u r a good man, just try to be a bit optmistic man, that's what she doesn't like, n spend less time on ICF she hates that most.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will try to work on it. Not sure whether it will help or not, but it's definitely worth a try.