IPL 2018 : Which teams will retain whom?

mumbai - rohit ,pandya bros, bumrah,other will be one of their adopted son either harbhajan or pollard

kkr- gauti,pandey,kuldeep,lynn,narine

srh- warner,bhuvi,vijay shanakr,dhawan,rashid

rcb- kohli,rahul,chahal,gayle and ab

dd - biggest idiots of the lot,dont know who they ll retain

punjab- iss gareeb team mei kuch khaas  hai nahi,fir bhi i think it will be axar,sandeep,miller

csk- dhoni ,raina, bravo,ashwin ,jadeja -predictable boring lineup apart from raina

rr- rahane.smith

who will get stokes,he cant be retained right?

43 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

above you talked about retaining 20-25 year olds and now loling at KPXI retaining Vohra who is a very good talent for T20s.

No doubt about the talent. If your team is composed of good young players who will only get better with time, you are bound of win a championship in coming years.

My comment was based more on they had to give away a lot of salary cap to keep Vohra. There was no way he would have gone for that much during the auction, and they had right to match as well if that was  the case. It was really dumb decision. 

5 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

No doubt about the talent. If your team is composed of good young players who will only get better with time, you are bound of win a championship in coming years.

My comment was based more on they had to give away a lot of salary cap to keep Vohra. There was no way he would have gone for that much during the auction, and they had right to match as well if that was  the case. It was really dumb decision. 

Dont think he was given that much money.  Once a player is retaining, what salary he gets is up to franchise.

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Dont think he was given that much money.  Once a player is retaining, what salary he gets is up to franchise.

Overall Cap gets reduced to buy other players. If i remember, he was the first player for the team to be retained costing them couple of crores from salary cap. Even when was actually paid peanuts of that. 

This retaining players getting paid whatever team decides is not fair. Whatever they get paid should be deducted from the overall salary cap, ponzi scheme made for rich teams. 

2 hours ago, SK_IH said:

mumbai - rohit ,pandya bros, bumrah,other will be one of their adopted son either harbhajan or pollard

kkr- gauti,pandey,kuldeep,lynn,narine

srh- warner,bhuvi,vijay shanakr,dhawan,rashid

rcb- kohli,rahul,chahal,gayle and ab

dd - biggest idiots of the lot,dont know who they ll retain

punjab- iss gareeb team mei kuch khaas  hai nahi,fir bhi i think it will be axar,sandeep,miller

csk- dhoni ,raina, bravo,ashwin ,jadeja -predictable boring lineup apart from raina

rr- rahane.smith

who will get stokes,he cant be retained right?

CSK can't have all four of Dhoni Raina Ash and Jaddu..only 3 Capped indians allowed.

Punjab will retain Maxwell.

SRH won't retain Vijay Shankar. Retaintion is costly. They will go for yuvi.

Dd have : Samson Iyer Rabada Morris Cummins as options.

KKr will want Uttappa as well.

20 minutes ago, sourab10forever said:

CSK can't have all four of Dhoni Raina Ash and Jaddu..only 3 Capped indians allowed.

Punjab will retain Maxwell.

SRH won't retain Vijay Shankar. Retaintion is costly. They will go for yuvi.

Dd have : Samson Iyer Rabada Morris Cummins as options.

KKr will want Uttappa as well.

stoinis is a better option than maxwell

dont think delhi will retain rabada,they didnt even play him much last season,pant will be retained for sure

uthappa is past it i think now

yuvi will be waste of a retention

csk may retain msd,raina and jadeja 

14 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

Most of teams management guys are just plain dumb. 

I would say Invest in 20 years to 25 Years old talent over 36 years old Talent. 

+1. Go with lesser known youngsters. No need to over pay for has beens just to win bragging rights. 

5 hours ago, SK_IH said:

@sourab10forever  what are your views on these retentions , i think these will ensure teams like Mumbai n Kolkata remain top contenders and Punjab/Delhi/Rajasthan just make up numbers

Certainly teams like KXIP/DD/RR will be the ones suffering the most from the 5 player retention/RTM rule but the idea of having it is right. The core of most teams should remain the same so that fans stay connected to the team. 

And also retaining 5 players could actually prove costly and hampers 1/3rd of your allocated money for the auction. So If these teams can retain only 1 or 2 of its players and go into the auction with a heavy purse,there will be loads of players to choose from. Fresh start for them.

PS : Don't think DD is affected : They have a good 7-8 player pool to choose from.