Poll : Is Sachin the Greatest batsmen to have played the sport?

Sachin : Greatest?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Is Sachin the Greatest batsmen to have played the game?

• Yes
    • Yes

39 minutes ago, Shunya said:

:adore:

Greatest cricketer? Get outta here... He is the best human being to ever born in this world

He is not the GOAT...he is GOAG - Greatest of All Gods :adore: 

Jal mat re, even your mahi used to stop his "maarna" to watch sachin bat :aha: #SachIsGOD

Btw there is only one GOD, so the the GOAG term is pointless:eyedance:

Edited by kira
43 minutes ago, kira said:

Jal mat re, even your mahi used to stop his "maarna" to watch sachin bat :aha: #SachIsGOD

Btw there is only one GOD, so the the GOAG term is pointless:eyedance:

lol...pagal ho jayega itna bhakti pe laga rahega to...kuch aur bhi kar life mein...

But Sachin is greatest... so much happiness and memories he gave while growing up... There is no cricket without him...

13 hours ago, maniac said:

So Roger is the greatest for winning most grand slams playing over a period 16+ years unheard of in men’s tennis and being in the top bracket but Sachin being the highest run scorer and most 100s in tests and Odis 2 absolutely different formats over 24 years, being the highest run getter in wcs and being in the top bracket is business as usual :clap: 

The major difference in tennis unless you win it all it won't count as win but in cricket it does not matter if you win or lose you stats count .So any person who has long career will have stats.

Cook has more runs than Sunil gavaskar and Viv Richards does it make him greater player than both of them.

Roger is greatest because he has longevity and also has wins.Don't compare both and say they are same.

13 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Have followed cricket and Tennis closely over last 15 years. I doubt anyone has followed these teo games as closely as I have together. 

Roger is hands down ahead of Sachin as a sportsman.

In fact for me he is the greatest sportsman for winning grandslams in different eras against top players. He had could not win a slam for 5 years in the middle yet reached finals many time and then still came back to win 3 more slams and now has 20 slams.

The guy beat the best of the best from young to old, from best back hand players to people with best serve in the game.

Its s hard to compare sportsman to sportsman of different sport but Roger indeed is the greatest.

Jordan and others have a case but Jordan was the previous era so I would put Roger as the greatest sportsman of this era shortly ahead of hometown champion Michael Phelps.

Don't be so sure...

13 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Define dominant period. 

Do you mean an year with loads of runs? Pretty sure that happened. Year with high average and lot of 100s, that too has happened.

Crazy period of 4 years like other ATGs. That too has happened. There is a list of batsman with highest averages over 50 tests and most ATG are below him in the list. 

If that doesn't qualify as dominant period then you're probably watching some other cricket.

Or probably by not having dominant period you meant that he didn't become **** like many other ATG after a dominant period.

I remember watching Lara smash the Aussie bowlers even Glen McGrath and won test match batting with tail. I dont think Sachin has such a knock. The closest he came was Chennai knock but he couldn’t finish it off. Also I don’t think Sachin ever took on top bowlers bowlers like McGrath.

1 hour ago, gattaca said:

I remember watching Lara smash the Aussie bowlers even Glen McGrath and won test match batting with tail. I dont think Sachin has such a knock. The closest he came was Chennai knock but he couldn’t finish it off. Also I don’t think Sachin ever took on top bowlers bowlers like McGrath.

Word!!!

1 hour ago, kosingh said:

Andrew Strauss has more runs than Bradman. Therefore Strauss is greater than Bradman. 

Sorry didn’t follow Strauss’s career closely...was he considered better than his peers or was the best batsman or top 2 batsmen in the world for 20+ years in 2 different formats?

11 hours ago, Shunya said:

:adore:

Greatest cricketer? Get outta here... He is the best human being to ever born in this world

He is not the GOAT...he is GOAG - Greatest of All Gods :adore: 

More like GOCG 

Greatest of Chamcha Gang.. Only 420 in Tests Was missing:cantstop: 

Oops NVM couldn't get past 300.. 

On 2/8/2018 at 8:04 PM, Trichromatic said:

Define dominant period. 

Do you mean an year with loads of runs? Pretty sure that happened. Year with high average and lot of 100s, that too has happened.

Crazy period of 4 years like other ATGs. That too has happened. There is a list of batsman with highest averages over 50 tests and most ATG are below him in the list. 

If that doesn't qualify as dominant period then you're probably watching some other cricket.

Or probably by not having dominant period you meant that he didn't become **** like many other ATG after a dominant period.

What is Kohli doing in this series is being dominant, many Indian batsmen have been dominant at home but when you are being touted as not just good but greatest you need dominant series like what Kohli is having away from home.

Don't give me world cups where you get to feast on Nambias and Kenyas. 2003 for example Sachin faced one great team two times and came up short both times.

Give me one away series either in tests and Odis where Sachin was ultra dominant.Sachin was a very great batsman but I don't rate him the best of all time which is the topic.

Edited by putrevus
17 hours ago, putrevus said:

What is Kohli doing in this series is being dominant, many Indian batsmen have been dominant at home but when you are being touted as not just good but greatest you need dominant series like what Kohli is having away from home.

Don't give me world cups where you get to feast on Nambias and Kenyas. 2003 for example Sachin faced one great team two times and came up short both times.

Give me one away series either in tests and Odis where Sachin was ultra dominant.Sachin was a very great batsman but I don't rate him the best of all time which is the topic.

When was the last time Kohli scored 400 runs in an ODI series?

He has been playing cricket for 10 years and he is yet to score 400+ runs in any ODI series yet. Any reason why a more dominant batsman doesn't have 400+ runs?

Tendulkar did it age of 24, 400+ runs in 5 matches with SR of 100. No Namibia and Kenya to feast on and runs on pitches where teams were struggling to score 200+. 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/series/61026.html

I remember 2 series where Indian team struggled to score runs (200-250), one was tri-series in Aus with Eng and India and Kohli did nothing in that series and series against Pakistan in 2012.