Guess if this is a batsman or a bowler?

The problem is Pandya the bowler, he has no stock delivery. All he seems to know is bowl that atrocious short delivery which can swatted anywhere.playing this guy as fifth bowler is playing with fire once a regular bowlers have a bad day. I have not seen any natural talent in him as a batsman other than tonking spinners.Kapil you can see he didn’t have technique but he had that beautiful back lift which enabled him to hit any bowlers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watched a little bit of cric y’day when Dhoni, Iyer and Pandya we’re batting. Pandya looked much better than Iyer and got out to a brilliant catch iirc 

If cricketers are promoted based on potential, there is nothing wrong with giving Pandya the long rope. Should draft in his brother as well

Someone mentioned Pant etc but Pandya plays a different role. Guys like Pant, Gill, Shaw, etc too can be tried out for roles in the top 5

PS Potential Future (2020s) ODI top 7

Dhawan / ?

Shaw

Kolhi

Gill

Pant (hopefully would have improved both as a batsman and WK)

Pandya bros

PPS Would like to see Rana improve his game. Manish Panday is a good batsman and fielder too, so could be tried in the short term too

Edited by zen

I'd still back him. He's done enough in the last 6-8 months to be given a long rope - our best player in the ill-fated CT final, MOTS against Australia at home in ODIs, 93 against arguably the best attack of the modern era in tough conditions + 3 wkts in the 1st Test in SA, triggered a collapse with the brilliant run out of Amla in the 2nd Test. Yes his run-out in the 2nd Test was horrendous and the consistency is not quite there but AFAIC he's a definitely a mainstay for us in ODIs and should be in the mix in Tests as well.

Pandya has been low on runs but batsman who have sucked for longer than him are still present in the team, so in all fairness, our focus should be to get rid off the other guys and give more time to the peacock hair style dude who can tonk a bit and has shown promise.

If Rohit is rested also with Kohli, I might actually make him captain of the t20 side in Nidhas trophy.

22 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Well, with them their failures were highlighted and everyone talked about it.

But with Pandya you don't get this feeling. As if he is doing what he is supposed to do and as if his performance is already above par.

There are no mention of his failures and struggles. His runs are considered bonus since he is lottery batsman for India.

His bowling role is limited to provide few overs of break to main bowlers without taking wickets.

Moreover attitude gives an impression that he is 2nd best after Kohli in this team and already a star.

i m okie with everything but that's the problem....well said mate...

I dont think he is respecting the importance he is given...he is taking it way too easy....But i do believe that he has huge potential

I opened a thread to discuss this exact issue before the SA series.

Pandya needs to be a pure bat or bowler to have a test career.

His domestic first class batting stats ain't flattering. Average of 30 right?

Also Bhuvi Bumrah Pandya is not a ODI pace attack that can win tourneys. Chokes can happen anytime.

Bumrah is solid.

Bhuvi can be hit or miss in Odis.

Pandya is just there to fill up overs

Edited by sensible-indian

Pandya has raw ingredients and attitude to be a decent pace bowler.  I am not sure if anyone is even working with him to make him a better bowler. Same goes with batting. Pandya should get some personal coach if bharat arun and Shastri and co cannot do their job properly.Man management and cheerleading won't be enough.

1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

Now how about you guys guess the name of this player with a record like this in the first three of international cricket?

Bens.thumb.PNG.a8cf2eadf0d40bd329a7da36e96d1fd4.PNG

And the less said about his bowling, even now, the better.

What you failed to mention is above player was sent out of the team from 2011 to 2013 to refine his game and that player came back and scored 120 runs and took 8 wickets in his second and fourth tests that too in away tests. Pandya is being given a consistent run which Stokes did not get when he started out.

On 2/11/2018 at 9:40 AM, zen said:

Watched a little bit of cric y’day when Dhoni, Iyer and Pandya we’re batting. Pandya looked much better than Iyer and got out to a brilliant catch iirc 

If cricketers are promoted based on potential, there is nothing wrong with giving Pandya the long rope. Should draft in his brother as well

Someone mentioned Pant etc but Pandya plays a different role. Guys like Pant, Gill, Shaw, etc too can be tried out for roles in the top 5

PS Potential Future (2020s) ODI top 7

Dhawan / ?

Shaw

Kolhi

Gill

Pant (hopefully would have improved both as a batsman and WK)

Pandya bros

PPS Would like to see Rana improve his game. Manish Panday is a good batsman and fielder too, so could be tried in the short term too

Rohit Sharma is going nowhere in 2020s (I eman until Dhawan or even Kohli is around) in ODIs/T20s. 

2 hours ago, UnknownGenius said:

Looks like Reetinder SIngh Sodhi from the numbers

Come on , he is not that bad. But you never know, the way Pandya's batting average is falling, it is not that far away from batting average of Reetinder. Remember how much hype there was with Reetinder Singh Sodhi in the few matches he played. Best allrounder India has etc etc.   Kaha kaha se aa jate hai. :facepalm: