Weeding out deadwoods. But How?

vvvslaxman

5 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

With due respect, not really. Top orders get to face more deliveries and so runs per innings will be more most of the time. That's why not outs add a speculative amount of runs and boost the average. Your formula only works if we measure players who came exactly on the same over to bat.

I don't expect a lower-middle order batter to have runs per innings similar to a top order batter.

What I am pointing out is that, if your runs per innings is on the lower side  ( either due to the player usually coming in after 35 overs  ...  or due to him being the pinch hitter at the top  )  ... in that case you must have a high SR.

A No.5 to No.7 batter cannot make up for a low SR with a high average. ...  as  31  off  38 balls type innings on an average basis  (  31 runs per innings at 81 SR )   does not work at  nos. 5 to 7  even if the batter stays not out often.

2 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

He is batting at #6 now because team has no options.. They have tried couple of players who turned out to be even worse.. since Virat is so good at #3 when isn't he batting at #6 and letting "Youngster" Iyer play at #3 then.. since we are having problems at #6? Are you telling me he is afraid ? Even I can use your stupid logic.. 

"Let us move him" ??? Are you go and tell Virat where to play him ? What difference does you or me thinking will have any effect on them?

What opportunities are you even on about ? He played 1 match at #4 last year since Virat became captain. Not sure about blocking part #4 and #6 is still open for anyone.. Lets just he ll bat at #5 where you like it or not till 2019WC.. 

Like I already said try to find players to replace #4 #5 #6 #7 then we can think about removing Dhoni and Pandya.. Reality is they ll play till 2019wc no matter how much you moan and cry.. Would be better off looking for 2 places that are still up for grab..

I am not moaning or crying get that out, all I am doing is offering is my views.Thats all this is forum is all about offering and sharing your thoughts and views with other fans.

Now that we got that out of the way, about your point in finding replacement for other spots first.There is no rule that you have find one spot before another spot.If they find a good keeper they should replace Dhoni as he is no longer an asset to this team.

Guy like Pant should be given a consistent run in t20s and kick Dhoni out of that team ASAP.

lol...are we discussing Dhoni again? Picking on him because he stays notout while others are sucking balls, thats pretty much upto the standards of ICF I guess.

MSD is still the best in our middle order no matter which way you look at it. Would still want him to bat at #4 for 10+ innings this year to get into that zone before the WC. Same for others, we should stick with same players for few games in their position instead of playing musical chair every series.

6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I am not moaning or crying get that out, all I am doing is offering is my views.Thats all this is forum is all about offering and sharing your thoughts and views with other fans.

Now that we got that out of the way, about your point in finding replacement for other spots first.There is no rule that you have find one spot before another spot.If they find a good keeper they should replace Dhoni as he is no longer an asset to this team.

Guy like Pant should be given a consistent run in t20s and kick Dhoni out of that team ASAP.

I never said there was any rules.. All I mentioned was.. you are struggling to find middle order players in first place how is getting rid of Dhoni and Pandya going to make it any better ? Infact they would have collapsed other day if Dhoni wasn't batting on other end. Whether you like or or not that's a fact. #6 and #7 is not an easy place.. "If" is good to hear fact is they have non ready for WC2019.

Not sure where T20s came from.. First post has ODI stats listed. As far as pant goes.. Maybe using his opportunity on patta would have helped him instead of struggling to put bat to ball. Karthik made full use of his opportunity with 48(29) and got back. He can only blame himself but no one here.. Iyer got chances because Kohli sees something in him and he looks like a proper batsmen and not a leg side hack maybe.. Reality is pant is hyped only on this forum. Guy is nowhere near ready.. 

12 minutes ago, Shunya said:

lol...are we discussing Dhoni again? Picking on him because he stays notout while others are sucking balls, thats pretty much upto the standards of ICF I guess.

MSD is still the best in our middle order no matter which way you look at it. Would still want him to bat at #4 for 10+ innings this year to get into that zone before the WC. Same for others, we should stick with same players for few games in their position instead of playing musical chair every series.

Rohit Pandya rahane and Iyer 38(62)

Dhoni 42(43)

:hysterical: Always nice to own sachin chamchas anyway.. 

1 hour ago, Rasgulla said:

I never said there was any rules.. All I mentioned was.. you are struggling to find middle order players in first place how is getting rid of Dhoni and Pandya going to make it any better ? Infact they would have collapsed other day if Dhoni wasn't batting on other end. Whether you like or or not that's a fact. #6 and #7 is not an easy place.. "If" is good to hear fact is they have non ready for WC2019.

Not sure where T20s came from.. First post has ODI stats listed. As far as pant goes.. Maybe using his opportunity on patta would have helped him instead of struggling to put bat to ball. Karthik made full use of his opportunity with 48(29) and got back. He can only blame himself but no one here.. Iyer got chances because Kohli sees something in him and he looks like a proper batsmen and not a leg side hack maybe.. Reality is pant is hyped only on this forum. Guy is nowhere near ready.. 

How do you know the the guy who replaces Dhoni would not have done what their wicket keeper did, that is what young talent is all about being fearless and if India loses couple of matches in bargain so be it.We know what we are going to get from Dhoni and it is not pretty.

Dhoni is still getting his numbers because not all matches are 320 plus . I am not saying Pant is the answer but they have to give others a chance and that chance will not come until Dhoni is there.He is mammoth figure in Indian cricket and selectors are gutless to say anything.

I brought up t20s because Dhoni refuses to quit ( he has every right to play, it is not his fault that he is picked by team).All other older players like Sachin and co retired from t20s long before they gave up on odis , unless youngsters are given a chance to fail or succeed you would not find out  about them.There should be some system where younger players are given a chance and T20s is best place to start.

For all tearing of our hair , no major changes will happen till WC 19.

It seems only places which may have some uncertainity are -> no.4 & No.6 assuming MSD will play at no.5 .

For no.4 -> though team management seem to favour Rahane , i would like to see Rohit at 4 . looking at his issues against moving ball .  Rahane or KLR( if selected) should open with Dhawan based on who is in better form at that time .

For no.6 -> He has to be a batsman who can give you 4-6 overs . At the moment only Jadhav fits the bill. But his form has been very iffy. Add to it very poor fielder.

I am sure team management will be closely watching Raina's form in this year's IPL . If he hits form , i think they will go for him at no.6 .  An in form Raina is a much better option than Jadhav . 

I think this is what is going to happen whteher we like it or not .

1 hour ago, prudent_kreeda said:

For all tearing of our hair , no major changes will happen till WC 19.

It seems only places which may have some uncertainity are -> no.4 & No.6 assuming MSD will play at no.5 .

For no.4 -> though team management seem to favour Rahane , i would like to see Rohit at 4 . looking at his issues against moving ball .  Rahane or KLR( if selected) should open with Dhawan based on who is in better form at that time .

For no.6 -> He has to be a batsman who can give you 4-6 overs . At the moment only Jadhav fits the bill. But his form has been very iffy. Add to it very poor fielder.

I am sure team management will be closely watching Raina's form in this year's IPL . If he hits form , i think they will go for him at no.6 .  An in form Raina is a much better option than Jadhav . 

I think this is what is going to happen whteher we like it or not .

That is the biggest problem.  It is almost like Management is completely oblivious to the issues which is hard to believe. Anyone with little bit of cricket knowledge could tell what the issue is. But often times their solution is worse than the previous one. Reintroducing Gambhir, Yuvraj, Karthik. These were all something that should have never happened. Now bet your bottom dollar Raina will be called up again. We are becoming like Pakistan ricket eam.

12 minutes ago, maniac said:

Yes that was when he was good....right now Sunil Gavaskars record of scoring 36 something batting 60 overs might be in danger if he comes at 3.

Anyway he is a very smart cookie, wont take risks.

his SR is low because he is not taking risks :p:

dont mind another record for our cucumber cool

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

I am not saying Pant is the answer but they have to give others a chance and that chance will not come until Dhoni is there.He is mammoth figure in Indian cricket and selectors are gutless to say anything.

What a lot of rubbish.. Iyer,Pandey,kedar and Karthik weren't given a chance ? They are trying out everyone in that middle order. Just because your one guy couldn't make use of his opportunity doesn't mean they have to agree with you. He played with Dhoni in T20I..so your logic is out of the window. Like I already said Virat ain't big fan of Afridi/Maxwell type hacks. There is a reason proper batsmens get a chance than sloggers. If he is good enough he can still fight for that 2 spots in the team.

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

All other older players like Sachin and co retired from t20s long before they gave up on odis , unless youngsters are given a chance to fail or succeed you would not find out  about them

He didn't play T20I because of embarrassment in 2007WC.. Everyone are after their head. He didn't give a damn about anybody but himself. If he really cared about so called "Youngsters" why didn't he retire after 2011??? Waited waited and wasted till he got kicked out after that pathetic AC2012 match for his milestone. He is no angel :facepalm:

Edited by Rasgulla
2 hours ago, Rasgulla said:

If he really cared about so called "Youngsters" why didn't he retire after 2011??? Waited waited and wasted till he got kicked out after that pathetic AC2012 match for his milestone. He is no angel :facepalm:

Yeah he waited and waited and played just 10 ODIs after world cup. He was picking and choosing series from long time after 2008 so that youngsters can be tried in his place and devloped. While Dhoni doesn't leave any chance to play against any opposition. Because of fear that he will be dropped if a youngster gets 4 5 matches he will be gone.