The New Hanuman Poster and militant hindutva

ravishingravi

https://medium.com/@AmritHallan/bollywoods-passive-aggressive-attitude-towards-hinduism-c6c883a0ed

Read this article about how Bollywood libtards & the media lampoons our very own culture. If by any means this question would be asked to the Johar's, Chopra's & Bhansali's of Bollywood they'd categorically deny it.

3 hours ago, Turning_track said:

https://medium.com/@AmritHallan/bollywoods-passive-aggressive-attitude-towards-hinduism-c6c883a0ed

Read this article about how Bollywood libtards & the media lampoons our very own culture. If by any means this question would be asked to the Johar's, Chopra's & Bhansali's of Bollywood they'd categorically deny it.

Bro, I find we see thing with entirely different glasses while my observation is totally different that has been described in this article. 

According to my observation, Indian films are 95% full of showing Hindu religion and Hindu gods and their miracles and stories and Hindu worshipping in temples. 

We have 100s of episodes of Mahabharat and Ramain along with movies about them. 

But I have seen not a single Bollywood movie about Noah, Moses or Jesus and about their miracles and their stories. I have not seen films about the Sikh Gurus. 

Wise people say that you could never make "every one" happy. There are people who will always find something to complaint about. 

On 4/7/2018 at 3:05 PM, ravishingravi said:

Is apparently symbolism of militant hindutva. While gun carrying militants have no religion. 

https://thewire.in/communalism/noidas-thriving-militant-hinduism-and-the-resurrection-of-hanuman

AFAIK this image of an "angry Hanuman" was painted by an artist with liberal tendencies to portray the 'ugly' side of the hindutva fanatics.   The way OP is posting it makes it seem as if its created by "militant hindutva".   Misleading.

9 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Bro, I find we see thing with entirely different glasses while my observation is totally different that has been described in this article. 

According to my observation, Indian films are 95% full of showing Hindu religion and Hindu gods and their miracles and stories and Hindu worshipping in temples. 

We have 100s of episodes of Mahabharat and Ramain along with movies about them. 

But I have seen not a single Bollywood movie about Noah, Moses or Jesus and about their miracles and their stories. I have not seen films about the Sikh Gurus. 

Wise people say that you could never make "every one" happy. There are people who will always find something to complaint about. 

Bollywood hasn't shown about Noah, Moses or Jesus because they didn't belong to this part of the world & Bollywood thinks about money above anything else, so from financial POV it is not feasible. Sikhs are misinterpreted, lampooned & ridiculed in Hindi cinema since decades, so its a travesty to expect a movie on great Sikh Gurus. 
More than films, tv serials have depicted the classics of Mahabharata & Ramayana. Tbh they made a mess of these epic tales in Hindi cinema. The South Indian industry & their superstars made a good name by portraying the characters of these ancient epics.

May be you might have seen main characters having tilak on their forehead, touching feet of elders & going to temple on religious festivals & celebrating them. But let me tell you many of the top directors of Hindi cinema are bigoted & unaware of the ground realities, devoid of intellectual ability. Still they are entertained by news hungry media which instead of asking them the right questions ask crap like their honeymoon destination, relationship with their partners etc. & feed it to the audience.

Also let me add, there is an annual gathering of these people belonging from different fields such as films, literature, politics, media etc at Jaipur Literature Fest & Jashn-e-Rekhta where they spout their venom against Hindus openly & still manage to easily evade any type of scrutiny.

Edited by Turning_track

5 hours ago, Turning_track said:

Bollywood hasn't shown about Noah, Moses or Jesus because they didn't belong to this part of the world & Bollywood thinks about money above anything else, so from financial POV it is not feasible. Sikhs are misinterpreted, lampooned & ridiculed in Hindi cinema since decades, so its a travesty to expect a movie on great Sikh Gurus. 

Is it really all about money by Bollywood? 

The question arises, why then Bollywood show some character praying in the Church?

Which money is Bollywood is going to get by showing people prayers are heard in the Chruch? 

I don't agree with the criticism of the article where it blamed that Bollywood is promoting the Chruch/Dargah and neglecting the Mandir conspiracy. While indeed Bollywood is showing 90+% times Mandir and Hindu religious rituals and Hindu deities and their miracles. 

The article presented the "Pattern Conspiracy" when Bollywood show this 5% Church and Dargahs. But why the writer of this article unable to see any "Pattern" when Bollywood shows 95+% Mandir? 

More than films, tv serials have depicted the classics of Mahabharata & Ramayana. Tbh they made a mess of these epic tales in Hindi cinema. The South Indian industry & their superstars made a good name by portraying the characters of these ancient epics.

Bollywood makes a mess with every historic incident while making films. There is no conspiracy involved in it. 

Also let me add, there is an annual gathering of these people belonging from different fields such as films, literature, politics, media etc at Jaipur Literature Fest & Jashn-e-Rekhta where they spout their venom against Hindus openly & still manage to easily evade any type of scrutiny.

I don't know exactly what happens in Jaipur Literature fest and Jashn-e-Rekhta in order to comment upon it. 

But if Bollywood promotes 95% Hindu religion in the films, what is then wrong if Hindu religion is also heavily criticized by them? 

As a rule, there should be 100% liberty for "preaching" one's religion, and there should be 100% liberty for "criticism" if one does not agree with any religion. 

These film directors, actors, politicians, intellectuals belong mostly to Hindu background. Therefore, they criticize Hindu religion. 

It is same that Muslims in Pakistan have been constantly blaming us (the Pakistani Atheists) that we criticize only Islam and never write against Hinduism or Christianity. Yes, it is a fact that Pakistani Atheists are 99% concentrated only against Islam while we have Islamic background and we know absolutely nothing about Hindi religion. 

12 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

Is it really all about money by Bollywood? 

Yes. It is. Because the big wigs with deep pockets can change the cinematic landscape of our country. But still they are hesitant & feeding the audience the Khans romancing some 20 year olds. The films demanding its viewers to leave their brains at home before coming to watch a movie & truly 'ENJOY' is unjust. Positive change has been coming but the initiative has been taken by the small players.

The question arises, why then Bollywood show some character praying in the Church?

Because it is cool for them. The protagonist looks much perfect while confessing in a church in or wailing in a dargah in front of a Peer as compared to discussing his issues with an old superstitious Pandit.
This has been subtle & done deliberately in the last 2 decades.

Which money is Bollywood is going to get by showing people prayers are heard in the Chruch?

No they are not getting any money or being funded by the church. But the B-town gang(especially the young ones) has been immensely influenced by those who routinely ridicule bash Hindus, their customs etc. & this is proved by the company they keep.

I don't agree with the criticism of the article where it blamed that Bollywood is promoting the Chruch/Dargah and neglecting the Mandir conspiracy. While indeed Bollywood is showing 90+% times Mandir and Hindu religious rituals and Hindu deities and their miracles. 

The article presented the "Pattern Conspiracy" when Bollywood show this 5% Church and Dargahs. But why the writer of this article unable to see any "Pattern" when Bollywood shows 95+% Mandir? 

The issue is not about showing of Hindu festivities 90% of the time, it is about the characters being presented. Anybody who speaks chaste hindi is a clown or a funnyman & wears ethnic attire of that area is being shown as Dehati.

The Bollywood stars tweet about Bakrid &  the importance of sacrifice, but not a single word on millions of animals being butchered. But they want to give lectures on pollution during Holi, Diwali etc.
Regarding criticism of Hinduism, please do it as lot of ills & problems still persist. But if they point out the hypocrisy of only Hindus & leave aside a population of more than 200+ million muslims then it is clearly bias. Isnt it? The triple talaq & UCC debate had the nickers of all so called intellectuals of B-town in a twist.
All I am asking of is parity in terms of criticism & respect of own culture, which I'm afraid is too much to ask to from the so called intellectuals.
May be being a Pakistani you might not understand or get the gist of things happening here, but many might relate to the facts which I've mentioned above. Also, there also could be many who might find it ott. But it is my own humble opinion.

Also,this Hanuman poster in cars is a non issue. Media is short of stories, so they create unnecessary headlines anyway. 4th pillar of democracy is a joke.

Edited by Turning_track

On 4/8/2018 at 4:25 AM, Stradlater said:

Hanumanji is probably the most sweetest, innocent and naive bhagwan in the history of bhagwans all over the world. 

I agree with most you guys say about the religion of peace, but Hanuman-ji is a fictional mythological creation. A monkey cannot talk, let alone build a bridge and light up Lanka. Pure unadulterated science. Just sayin ...

Edited by Audiophile

9 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

I agree with most you guys say about the religion of peace, but Hanuman-ji is a fictional mythological creation. A monkey cannot talk, let alone build a bridge and light up Lanka. Pure unadulterated science. Just sayin ...

Best if you dont insult a belief figure of millions of people. If you cant be respectful then keep your mouth shut.

35 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

The umbrella of Hinduism accommodates your atheist beliefs :thumbsup:, that is the greatness of our religion. I tend to believe that most of our epics, deities, bhakti songs, hymns, shlokas, rituals etc aren't literal in their meaning but allegories which teach us how to lead better lives after exercising some brain cells :om:.

My grandpa was an expert at that, he would draw parallels of most of our childhood bedtime stories with things in our immediate environment. For instance I remember him explaining the deva-asura tug of war for amrit and linking it to how the human digestive system works. I don't remember much now but was stunned when I first heard him using that episode to teach science behind how the human body functions.

Unfortunately we are losing the wisdom of that generation, in these matters we aren't as well read or inquisitive so more scope for literal translation which is the Abrahamic way of interpreting scriptures. 

1 hour ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Best if you dont insult a belief figure of millions of people. If you cant be respectful then keep your mouth shut.

There is nothing insulting I said. Lord Hanuman is part of Hindu mythology. It is a proven fact that monkeys cannot talk, let alone do the things claimed. Most likely it is allegorical. If I had insulted, then I would be calling him names or mocking him. I am stating a fact and I have the right to do it living in a free society. Instead of telling me to keep my mouth shut, you should just ignore (if you are a true Hindu) because in Hinduism skepticism, instead of believing something just because you are told or it is in the texts, is encouraged. Swami Vivekananda expressed great skepticism about God and religion when he used to visit Ramakishna prior to his death. I was schooled in Ramakrishna Mission, so don't school me on Hinduism! Child puhllleeeasse! :giggle:

39 minutes ago, Gollum said:

The umbrella of Hinduism accommodates your atheist beliefs :thumbsup:, that is the greatness of our religion. I tend to believe that most of our epics, deities, bhakti songs, hymns, shlokas, rituals etc aren't literal in their meaning but allegories which teach us how to lead better lives after exercising some brain cells :om:.

My grandpa was an expert at that, he would draw parallels of most of our childhood bedtime stories with things in our immediate environment. For instance I remember him explaining the deva-asura tug of war for amrit and linking it to how the human digestive system works. I don't remember much now but was stunned when I first heard him using that episode to teach science behind how the human body functions.

Unfortunately we are losing the wisdom of that generation, in these matters we aren't as well read or inquisitive so more scope for literal translation which is the Abrahamic way of interpreting scriptures. 

There you go. Questioning something is akin to being an atheist? I am fairly spiritual and you do not have believe in a certain God to do that. I do not know for a fact higher power exists, nor do I know if it does not exist. You're right that I in Hinduism (not the kind worshipped by Hindu nationalists), there is room for all and that includes a skeptic like me. However, I do not know for a fact, monkeys do not talk. It has been proven by science. Now does science have answer to everything. No, but it has more answers that it had 500 years back. But it has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that primates other than Homo Sapiens have high level of intelligence, but they cannot talk or do things in a manner than Lord Hanuman seems to have done. Like I said, most likely it is allegorical like most of mythlogy is.

3 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

There you go. Questioning something is akin to being an atheist? I am fairly spiritual and you do not have believe in a certain God to do that. I do not know for a fact higher power exists, nor do I know if it does not exist. 

I thought you were an atheist based on a previous conversation, apologies if I am mistaken. Even I am more of a cultural Hindu. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

I thought you were an atheist based on a previous conversation, apologies if I am mistaken. Even I am more of a cultural Hindu. 

Atheist, definitely no. Atheists are convinced there is no higher power and everything can be explained by science and if something is not, eventually science will. While it is quite possible in a far distant future, God and spirituality will be explained in scientific terms (I certainly will not outlive that moment). If you had called me an agnostic, I would not have complained, because something I feel it, sometimes I don't.

7 minutes ago, Audiophile said:

Atheist, definitely no. Atheists are convinced there is no higher power and everything can be explained by science and if something is not, eventually science will. While it is quite possible in a far distant future, God and spirituality will be explained in scientific terms (I certainly will not outlive that moment). If you had called me an agnostic, I would not have complained, because something I feel it, sometimes I don't.

OK got it, you are most probably agnostic and mulo is atheist...probably confused you two. Will keep in mind :icflove:

6 hours ago, Audiophile said:

@Audiophile, nothing to disagree with you but what has your statement to do with what @Stradlater and others are discussing here. 
Within the realms of common sense, a monkey cannot talk and do all those things but here no body is talking about common sense.

The posters here and a lot of others have Hanumanji image  in their mind and what his character is like.  That is what is described here and others agreeing with it. 

On 4/8/2018 at 4:25 AM, Stradlater said:

Hanumanji is probably the most sweetest, innocent and naive bhagwan in the history of bhagwans all over the world. 

For all of them, Hanumanji is real... Just like for some, a super man is real. If you tell me a man cannot fly in the air with a cape, you are indeed correct.  That does not mean that people does not have the right to think superman is real and he has so and so characteristics. You have every right to think it as a mere fiction. They have every right to think it as real.  

Unless someone pokes you to accept their belief as real, there is no need for you to poke them what is real or not.