Tamilian reviewer gives 7/10 to watson, 8/10 to rayudu and 11/10 for dhoni's performance

LORD_analyst

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Ashwin trying to be too smart is one reason. Also Dravidians vs Brahmins that undercurrent is always there in TN.  Even though Brahmins make up about only 1 or 2% of total TN Population they are still pilloried by Dravidian political parties to polarize other caste people for votes. Anand  Brahmin, Sundar Pitchai Brahmin, Ramesh Krishnan Brahamin, Srikkanth Brahmin, L Siva Brahmin, Sadagopan Ramesh, Ashwin, Karthik they are all Brahmins. SO they perpetuate this narrative that other caste players are suppressed. It was low key before. After current BJP came to power they try to relate every Bramhin to BJP and attack them.

this is lost in ICF no matter how many times you explain.

Dhoni is a rustic villager figure, he sits well with the popular narrative in TN. its simple. 

Edited by Vilander

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

lol what qtiapa , take a good trend and warp it to make it look like a negative ? what are you ranting about complex

@Gollum

How is this a good trend? When TN has better talent in most if not all departments why should outsiders rule the roost? When it happens in one arena, understandable but when it happens in politics, movies, somewhat even in sports I don't think it is fair on the local talent. What a Raj Thackeray is doing via his MNS style Marathi Manoos politics is bad but in TN the people have taken it to the other extreme....excessive tolerance and acceptance of outsiders. There should be a balance, allow outsiders to flourish but strike a balance. I can't see such a thing happening even in neighboring states like Kerala, AP, Karnataka. Since this is a cricket forum I will reiterate the Ashwin & Vijay example. Why don't they have the mass appeal/pull among locals in spite of their credentials, esp that of the former?

There is a reason why Tagore became so famous yet Subramania Bharati never got his due...because all Bengalis rallied behind Tagore and glorified/hyped up his work, even some of his mediocre ones. I have seen Bengali intellectuals concede that Bharathi was no less than Gurudeb but missed out on a Nobel because of no patronage and as a result inferior translation of his works.  Coming to Ramanujam how many Tamils even know of him today? He was our region's greatest mathematician and should have served as an inspiration for Tamil students, but is largely unknown today. I can bet that had Ramanujam been a Northie we wouldn't stop hearing about him even outside academic circles. All I am saying is that Tamils should respect their own talent more than what they are presently doing, have more pride in their achievements.

Just now, Gollum said:

How is this a good trend? When TN has better talent in most if not all departments why should outsiders rule the roost? When it happens in one arena, understandable but when it happens in politics, movies, somewhat even in sports I don't think it is fair on the local talent. What a Raj Thackeray is doing via his MNS style Marathi Manoos politics is bad but in TN the people have taken it to the other extreme....excessive tolerance and acceptance of outsiders. There should be a balance, allow outsiders to flourish but strike a balance. I can't see such a thing happening even in neighboring states like Kerala, AP, Karnataka. Since this is a cricket forum I will reiterate the Ashwin & Vijay example. Why don't they have the mass appeal/pull among locals in spite of their credentials, esp that of the former?

There is a reason why Tagore became so famous yet Subramania Bharati never got his due...because all Bengalis rallied behind Tagore and glorified/hyped up his work, even some of his mediocre ones. I have seen Bengali intellectuals concede that Bharathi was no less than Gurudeb but missed out on a Nobel because of no patronage and as a result inferior translation of his works.  Coming to Ramanujam how many Tamils even know of him today? He was our region's greatest mathematician and should have served as an inspiration for Tamil students, but is largely unknown today. I can bet that had Ramanujam been a Northie we wouldn't stop hearing about him even outside academic circles. All I am saying is that Tamils should respect their own talent more than what they are presently doing, have more pride in their achievements.

Gollum, TN does not have us vs them attitude. Its anyone who comes in and adds value gets a great life - Vandhari vazha vaikum tamilagam - means 'tamil nation that welcomes immigrants with a life'.

bengal had a preeminent positon in India because of the large speaking population - Tagore was a polymath..not just a poet or activist.

"faith waiting in the heart of a seed promises a miracle of life which it can not prove " that was written by Tagore - i dont have ability to read his bengali works but must be equally good. Barathiar was phenominal as well but in Tamil, vernacular because of the age. But in comparison if you look at modern india, take an example of musicians/composers  illayaraja or rehman they have their due right. rehman is even outstanding at world level.

TN is a very literate state, no one within TN who understands it will tell you that TN falls short in tamil nationalism.  Infact TN is very distinct in it, so much so that there is Tamil nation and then there is TN the state of India.

14 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Ashwin & Vijay example. Why don't they have the mass appeal/pull among locals in spite of their credentials, esp that of the former?

purely because Dhoni is a bigger scale cricketer, he has lead CSK to multiple wins - He has lead india to multiple World event wins - so they find him more worthy of their adoration and also branding from CSK ( they are a very clever and experienced franchise - you can see a lot of sobriquets and jngles  etc associating him with CSK --> all plays a part. Look at following for AB or Kohli in bangalore similar + added advantage of having been a decorated national captain. 

1 minute ago, Vilander said:

purely because Dhoni is a bigger scale cricketer, he has lead CSK to multiple wins - He has lead india to multiple World event wins - so they find him more worthy of their adoration and also branding from CSK ( they are a very clever and experienced franchise - you can see a lot of sobriquets and jngles  etc associating him with CSK --> all plays a part. Look at following for AB or Kohli in bangalore similar + added advantage of having been a decorated national captain. 

Chennai adores Tendulkar , Ganguly as well. Tendulkar always scores well in Chennai. Be it is his 136 against Pakistan or 155 against Australia or 103 against England he always gave some pleasant memories for Chennai fans. 

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

Chennai adores Tendulkar , Ganguly as well. Tendulkar always scores well in Chennai. Be it is his 136 against Pakistan or 155 against Australia or 103 against England he always gave some pleasant memories for Chennai fans. 

True, but that wont sit well with the 'anti CSK and by extension anti tamil' rhetoric here in ICF unfotunately.

If ever there was an alternate world in which CSK outbid MI and got Tendulkar for CSK - it would have been very wierd as he would have got the exact same treatment that Dhoni gets in Chennai - but kars would have been split then.

54 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Ashwin trying to be too smart is one reason. Also Dravidians vs Brahmins that undercurrent is always there in TN.  Even though Brahmins make up about only 1 or 2% of total TN Population they are still pilloried by Dravidian political parties to polarize other caste people for votes. Anand  Brahmin, Sundar Pitchai Brahmin, Ramesh Krishnan Brahamin, Srikkanth Brahmin, L Siva Brahmin, Sadagopan Ramesh, Ashwin, Karthik they are all Brahmins. SO they perpetuate this narrative that other caste players are suppressed. It was low key before. After current BJP came to power they try to relate every Bramhin to BJP and attack them.

Still man it doesn't explain the huge disservice Tamils are subjecting Ash to....I follow him on social media and see a lot of bile thrown at him by quite a few Tamils, in my experience I don't see Dada abused like that by Bengalis or Dhoni by Biharis.

Your Brahmin theory may hold true. I am aware that there is that under current but don't know to what extent. I don't know about all the castes of famous Tamil people but pretty sure Karthik is a Naidu...in that Dipika-Karthik wedding I saw the news talking about Naidu style wedding.  How would people know about the castes of all these famous guys? I mean unless a Tamil Brahmin has title 'Iyer' or 'Iyengar' how would one know who's Brahmin? I know Anand is a Brahmin (from an old Russian interview) but having followed his chess career for over a decade now never has he talked about his caste, he even eats fish and chicken....I don't think most Tamil Brahmins are non veg, my point is how would people know his caste? It is almost impossible to find out the caste of a person unless that person explicitly uses it in a name. After her Rio silver many tried to google Sindhu's caste name but to no avail. 

Since I don't want to find out the castes of all the people you mentioned I will talk about Vijay Amritraj, I am 100% sure he is a Christian. Our greatest tennis player, most globally recognized Indian sport star for many decades.....and Chennai people are mad about tennis !!!! How come he never got the popularity he deserved during his time? Is there anything even named after him in the city? He should have been fighting it out with Gavaskar and Kapil in terms of popularity but never got his due even in his own state. A Sania Mirza has won more accolades than him despite not measuring up to Vijay's greatness, every small title she wins is rewarded with state honors and liberal cash endowments. If you don't want to go that far how about Mahesh Bhupathi (I don't think he is Brahmin either)? More than Brahmin-non Brahmin I feel Tamils haven't honoured their home grown heroes enough. 

Edited by Gollum

1 hour ago, Garuda said:

Really how many non-cricketing sportsman are supported in bengal (is that where you live) and other states. You seem to be picky about TN not just here but also the chit chat column. Tell me how much attention Vijender Singh gets in the North compared to Kohli and Ishant Sharma. Dont tell Tamils who we should or shouldn't give our attention. If India was not cricket-centric, hockey would not have been ignored. They were quite a few Tamil players in the hockey team over the ages. I just looked at our olympic history yesterday. We should be ashamed to say we are a part of a growing economy and not have a olympic team that challenges US, Russia, and China in the medal table.

Bengal has maximum Olympians (esp hockey) right from the 60s because it was the 1st state with professional leagues in India....most of them played for various Calcutta clubs and later settled in the state, many Sikhs. There are many non cricketing sportsmen supported in Bengal but why do you want to know? I can't understand in which direction you are taking the discussion, so if you are more specific I can come up with a better constructed reply.

Vijender Singh is superstar in Haryana....Ishant doesn't quite match up to him. After he has gone pro he is also earning a lot.  

I know Tamils have represented us well in hockey. I don't think our hockey decline had much to do with cricket, there were other more important reasons. 

If you feel I am being picky about TN in chit chat forum you should bring it to my attention there itself. I don't think I am deliberately biased towards/against any state..just blurt out my thoughts unfiltered. If at all I may be more critical of Bengal because I am fed up of TMC govt and the direction the state is heading towards. 

Edited by Gollum

9 hours ago, Number said:

Not everyone is same guys.

There are CSK fans like @The Dark Horsewho can see how Dhoni's methods are holding CSK back.

In hindsight, Dhoni has been good this IPL, but honestly I'm sick of his methods and particularly the popular belief that Dhoni is the sole reason for everything good. I don't mind it but it's getting a bit too much and cringeworthy now.

6 hours ago, Vilander said:

True, but that wont sit well with the 'anti CSK and by extension anti tamil' rhetoric here in ICF unfotunately.

If ever there was an alternate world in which CSK outbid MI and got Tendulkar for CSK - it would have been very wierd as he would have got the exact same treatment that Dhoni gets in Chennai - but kars would have been split then.

IPL is one main reason.

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

Still man it doesn't explain the huge disservice Tamils are subjecting Ash to....I follow him on social media and see a lot of bile thrown at him by quite a few Tamils, in my experience I don't see Dada abused like that by Bengalis or Dhoni by Biharis.

Your Brahmin theory may hold true. I am aware that there is that under current but don't know to what extent. I don't know about all the castes of famous Tamil people but pretty sure Karthik is a Naidu...in that Dipika-Karthik wedding I saw the news talking about Naidu style wedding.  How would people know about the castes of all these famous guys? I mean unless a Tamil Brahmin has title 'Iyer' or 'Iyengar' how would one know who's Brahmin? I know Anand is a Brahmin (from an old Russian interview) but having followed his chess career for over a decade now never has he talked about his caste, he even eats fish and chicken....I don't think most Tamil Brahmins are non veg, my point is how would people know his caste? It is almost impossible to find out the caste of a person unless that person explicitly uses it in a name. After her Rio silver many tried to google Sindhu's caste name but to no avail. 

Since I don't want to find out the castes of all the people you mentioned I will talk about Vijay Amritraj, I am 100% sure he is a Christian. Our greatest tennis player, most globally recognized Indian sport star for many decades.....and Chennai people are mad about tennis !!!! How come he never got the popularity he deserved during his time? Is there anything even named after him in the city? He should have been fighting it out with Gavaskar and Kapil in terms of popularity but never got his due even in his own state. A Sania Mirza has won more accolades than him despite not measuring up to Vijay's greatness, every small title she wins is rewarded with state honors and liberal cash endowments. If you don't want to go that far how about Mahesh Bhupathi (I don't think he is Brahmin either)? More than Brahmin-non Brahmin I feel Tamils haven't honoured their home grown heroes enough. 

Simple fact....cricket is more popular than other sports...and there was no popular cricketer apart from Srikkanth and now Ashwin...Ashwin being a bowler, didn't help his cause. Dhoni took CSK to almost all playoffs. That's insane and if he had done it for any team, they would back him the same way. CSK is something for TN in terms of cricket and Dhoni is the brand ambassador. You're just complicating things. Abdul Kalam got his due. Every family reveres him...no matter which school you go to in TN, you'll find Kalam's photo in the principal's cabin. Vishy is definitely popular but it's more to do with the sport than anything.

Edited by The Dark Horse

9 hours ago, LORD_analyst said:

the thing i have noticed with TN ,that is different from other indians...is that, most of the others have sweet-salty relation with players ,i.e players get trolled for bad performances and praised for good performances.

but TN guys(most,not all) never dare to criticize dhoni ,even when he was performing poorly, it's like they are devoted to dhoni and can't bear his criticism.

hope, u understand the realistic feedback.

TBH, it has nothing to do with being from TN. There are bhakts everywhere in every state whether Dhoni bhakts or Sachin Bhakts. Same was the case when SRT was playing.  So, unfair to single out TN people.

8 hours ago, Vilander said:

this is lost in ICF no matter how many times you explain.

Dhoni is a rustic villager figure, he sits well with the popular narrative in TN. its simple. 

but Dhoni was never a villager in reality. He was born and brought up in a city.

Make no mistake this post was posted in the cricket forum and got shifted here. Bunch of butthurt bambi supporters and mini me fans who were shellacked in this forum went to the cricket forum to show their menopausal syndrome there. What a sick bunch of aunties :phehe:. Look at how many posts from them that too on a Friday night. Clearly they are triggered. Watch a movie or something you losers.

PS - Type in your unfunny hateful comments here. I'm damn sure I'm not going to read it :biggrin:

Edited by Garuda

8 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Exactly. Ash and  Vishy both have that "evil brahmin" tag on their foreheads. Hard to believe but even APJ have that brahmin slave tag in some groups

Edited by Detonator

9 hours ago, velu said:

now this turning out to be a sentimentla thread  :phehe:

e556af2d59ed9c8665e17739bc38db9f.jpg

Piss will be analysed. Make sure you tune in  "Sachin the pillion dreams : part 2" which is be released straight to DVDs because no one want to see that on big screen. :giggle:

@maniac and @speedheat #2rspeople ticket ll be delivered to Bangladesh slums:giggle: Don't worry.

10 hours ago, Gollum said:

Agree on some points that you make. How many of us, especially non TN people know about Kamaraj? He was the reason for Indira Gandhi and Shastri to become the PM.

Forget the other states, even people in the state claim MGR, Amma or Anna to be the best CM conveniently forgetting Kamarajar who was the sole reason the state is what it is currently.