Remember the date 2018-June-18?

Lala

22 minutes ago, Lala said:

Who cares group matches? Winning in a final matters. It's absolutely hurt India. :cantstop:

You can win Asia cup all group matches and being complesent. We will win final :cantstop:

Go and celebrate your 5th ODI ranking with your brethern because it won't last long. In the next two -three months you will come back to your usual 6-8 ODI ranking.

Forget about India it will be a big challenge for your team to beat Afganistan and Bangladesh in Asia cup. Then we will hear ur BCCI= ICC=RAW =CIA conspiracies.

The myth about Kohli being the GOAT chaser in ODI cricket was shattered. But conflicted about how I feel about that day because even though it was a very rough day I am done with ODI cricket, a format which has lost relevance because of a multitude of reasons. Test losses affect me in ways which even ODI WC * ups don't. I was in ruins for over 6 months following the defeat but in hindsight this doesn't even make the top 3 Indo-Pak heartbreaks on my list. Chepauk 1999, Chinnaswamy 2005 and Karachi 2006 are much more painful memories for me. 

7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

The myth about Kohli being the GOAT chaser in ODI cricket was shattered. But conflicted about how I feel about that day because even though it was a very rough day I am done with ODI cricket, a format which has lost relevance because of a multitude of reasons. Test losses affect me in ways which even ODI WC * ups don't. I was in ruins for over 6 months following the defeat but in hindsight this doesn't even make the top 3 Indo-Pak heartbreaks on my list. Chepauk 1999, Chinnaswamy 2005 and Karachi 2006 are much more painful memories for me. 

Kohli has 15 match winning centuries while chasing. How is he being a GOAT chaser is a myth? Who is better than him?

One game don't define anything. We lost that game due to our bowlers and in 1st innings.

35 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

then why you failed to chase in the first match against India   despite it being a league match only???????? there in lies the answer 'PRESSURE' of big match occasion.Every  Indian school kid knew  what to do with winning the toss in a final except that fool Kohli.

You statement is totally wrong. Haven't India won finals chasing? what about 2011 WC? Then why in 2014 T20 WC final even after batting first, failed to win the match? It is all about pressure. India failed to absorb pressure in finals against better bowing attacks and they underestimate oppositions. :cantstop:

48 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Kohli has 15 match winning centuries while chasing. How is he being a GOAT chaser is a myth? Who is better than him?

One game don't define anything. We lost that game due to our bowlers and in 1st innings.

He has consistently failed in important matches while chasing, talking only about ODIs here. In this era batting standards are different, 360 meets 340 kind of scores has forced me to re evaluate my rating of all modern ODI batsmen. He is a very good chaser but unless he can do that in challenging pitches more often or suck less in ODI WCs/KOs he is nowhere close to being a GOAT. His SF show against Aus in 2015 is IMO the worst innings played by any batsman in ODI cricket in the last 20 years or so. That total in CT 2017 F was formidable on paper but the conditions were so flat, transposed to the late 90s or early 2000s that would have been closer to a 270-280 total, difficult but not insurmountable. More than his final score it was the way Amir made him his b!tch that sealed the argument for me...on that national highway, after being let off once, at the peak of his career. Give peak Viv/Crowe/SRT/Ponting/Lara/Gilly/Aravinda/Hayden those conditions plus 2 lives and all would have made 100s. 

Edited by Gollum
1 hour ago, Lala said:

You statement is totally wrong. Haven't India won finals chasing? what about 2011 WC? Then why in 2014 T20 WC final even after batting first, failed to win the match? It is all about pressure. India failed to absorb pressure in finals against better bowing attacks and they underestimate oppositions. :cantstop:

as if every team in the history of the game  that chased  before that match  in big finals always won the matches.Did I say it was not about pressure???????? India needed to bat first in the match.Simple

the loss was completely on Kohli, his decison making at the toss,team selection, bowling changes, everything was as wrong as it could have been , so this loss will always be remembered as Kohli's blunder

jaddu and ashwin rightly got the boot after the tournament, but there are still delusions about certain batsman in our loi setup,which i think will be gone after a set back in next world cup

2 hours ago, Adi_91 said:

In 2018? That was in 2017. Your thread title says 2018.

Haan Bhaisaab,Try to understand the title. Every other poster could understand and reply better meaningful posts except you. 2018 June 18th means exactly one year of winning CT. It was held in 2017 June 18th. :cantstop: 

Kiska bachcha hai? :cantstop:  

58 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

the loss was completely on Kohli, his decison making at the toss,team selection, bowling changes, everything was as wrong as it could have been , so this loss will always be remembered as Kohli's blunder

jaddu and ashwin rightly got the boot after the tournament, but there are still delusions about certain batsman in our loi setup,which i think will be gone after a set back in next world cup

Dhoni.  :yay:

11 hours ago, Gollum said:

He has consistently failed in important matches while chasing, talking only about ODIs here. In this era batting standards are different, 360 meets 340 kind of scores has forced me to re evaluate my rating of all modern ODI batsmen. He is a very good chaser but unless he can do that in challenging pitches more often or suck less in ODI WCs/KOs he is nowhere close to being a GOAT. His SF show against Aus in 2015 is IMO the worst innings played by any batsman in ODI cricket in the last 20 years or so. That total in CT 2017 F was formidable on paper but the conditions were so flat, transposed to the late 90s or early 2000s that would have been closer to a 270-280 total, difficult but not insurmountable. More than his final score it was the way Amir made him his b!tch that sealed the argument for me...on that national highway, after being let off once, at the peak of his career. Give peak Viv/Crowe/SRT/Ponting/Lara/Gilly/Aravinda/Hayden those conditions plus 2 lives and all would have made 100s. 

spot on.. Kohli need to do more in big pressure chases to be considered as the GOAT chaser in one dayers.Apart from that world cup 2011 knock(good one but not a great knock) I don't remember him playing any high pressure great knock . He has played  2 knocks in semi finals( 58* & 96* vs Srilanka & BAN respectively) in champions trophy.But these 2 are not adequate enough because of the contexts of those knocks.

Some people consider him bigger than Sachin in chasing. Sachin has played several substantial chasing knocks in prestige   knock outs and against quality attacks, Kohli is slightly better in finishing in mammoth chases in lesser pressure situations.That's all. 

Lack of adequate 3+ team  tournaments now a days don't help Kohli's legacy either

Edited by rtmohanlal

Pakistan trumped India in doing giving chances to youngsters.

Both teams have habbit of keeping tried and tested failures in the team. Pakistan team didn't start well and if they had followed same team combination then they would have struggled later also.

But they changed the team in the middle of tournament which India team was too hesitant to do and still is. 

Why would anyone remember yesterday (you said 2018) :confused:

Sure, 2017 is a great day for you guys. Remember how things turned out since then ? In cricket, team India continued to be #1 in tests and is very competitive in ODIs. T20s, good for you guys being #1. 

For every other sport, look at CWG 2018 recently. An absolute walloping head to head, simply no comparison. 

Finally, when it comes to memories, both nations have their fond memories, depending on where/when u wanna look. In real life, India has the greatest triumph i.e. 16 Dec, 1971 ;)

[insert pic with Pakistani General signing instrument of surrender]

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

Pakistan trumped India in doing giving chances to youngsters.

Both teams have habbit of keeping tried and tested failures in the team. Pakistan team didn't start well and if they had followed same team combination then they would have struggled later also.

But they changed the team in the middle of tournament which India team was too hesitant to do and still is. 

Wahab getting injured for them was good if he was not injured then our chances would have been much better.

Edited by gambhirfan