D Chahar- quick rise to first team

20 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

People are also forgetting he was the top Wicket taker in SMA trophy as well. Him and Khaleel were the biggest reason Rajasthan reached final. Otherwise, their batting is generally ****.

Certainly pacifies my anger a bit. Knew he did well but didn't know he was highest wicket taker. Hope he learns quick and add a lot of variety to his armory to stay relevant in LOIs. 

8 hours ago, Cricket_Fan said:

He is the replacement of Bhuvi as a swing bowler.Who else do you think did good IPL better than him as a swing bowler?

Ankit Rajpoot, a proper outswing bowler, had a good IPL.

The reason why I would prefer Rajpoot as a swing bowler is because ... he is very tall and can hit the deck hard and get bounce and seam movement when there is no swing on offer.

Rajpoot's death bowling skills are not bad either ... has good yorkers and decent slower balls.

He has a wider range of LOI bowling skills than the Chahar of today.

10 hours ago, mancalledsting said:

Sid Kaul is fiercely competitive and also gets bite off the wicket. Something that doesn't always show up on the speed camera. I would use words like SRH/MI quota if it existed. Bottom line is not the region but the damage done to Indian cricket. 

SO chahar isnt compeptive

U think its easy to become a 140k around bowler from 120k........how many have done that 

Chahar has a really good outswinger , which has always been one of the most lethal thing in any format

10 hours ago, Pollack said:

And Indian team is not a launchpad to build a career for someone who has lot of catch up to do. Already Ishant, Jadeja are examples of mediocrity with very less returns in hope of one day they will be world class. Why chahar ? Why not others who were ahead of him before IPL? What makes him different or so special?

every new player who ll get a chance will need to do catching up. Everything has an example....i can give many who proved their investment

Neways he got selected for t20 in which u can get away with his skills n he earned it . So he wasnt selected to be groomed.....

Who were more ahead of him in IPL ??????

7 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Pollock has a beef with Chahar  only because he represented CSK lol Come on this is not IPL. He earned his place and already justified his selection with India A team picking up a fifer against leicestershire. Just look through old threads. Chahar, Gurbani both these guys made their presence felt even before IPL

thats what m getting pissed off to , just becoz he played for CSK does that make him bad

M no fan of him, ill prefer rajpoot over him but he earned his selection by performing it on A-tour n lets not demean it coz he played for CSK .

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

People are also forgetting he was the top Wicket taker in SMA trophy as well.

Md. Siraj picked up an astounding 23 wickets from only 7  one day matches in Vijay Hazare Trophy 2018 and was the highest wicket taker by a distance. He is also a bowler who can bowl at a high speed in the limited over games.

But, he was not picked even for the 50-over A team touring England.  We saw Shardul Thakur instead.   

Surely, the parameter for selection does not seem consistent and there is something else at play here.

Edited by express bowling
5 hours ago, Number said:

Nothing just that all bowlers of same type is not a good idea. Shardul Chahar are very similar types of bowlers. 

Keeping both of them in the mix is not a great idea imo.

Agreed but team mngmt is hell  bent on looking at bowlers with more control n variation which is why they are ending up looking at same bowler and this will cme n bite them

14 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Ankit Rajpoot, a proper outswing bowler, had a good IPL.

The reason why I would prefer Rajpoot as a swing bowler is because ... he is very tall and can hit the deck hard and get bounce and seam movement when there is no swing on offer.

Rajpoot's death bowling skills are not bad either ... has good yorkers and decent slower balls.

He has a wider range of LOI bowling skills than the Chahar of today.

Also he is experienced to now, so he has done the hard yards now he deserves his selections. One of his most impressive quality has been he doesnt loose the plot when he is taken for runs

What shocking he is not even in A-teams for Odi.............i think he ll be a better LOI bowler the longer format

4 hours ago, Number said:

We are lacking a hit the deck bowler. 

Rajpoot is tall and doing well in A tour game as well. But he does not get much bounce off the track I think. Relies more on swing/seam.

we are also lacking a left arm bowler n we have 3 really good options among- khaleel, kulwant n sran

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Md. Siraj picked up an astounding 23 wickets from only 7  one day matches in Vijay Hazare Trophy 2018 and was the highest wicket taker by a distance. He is also a bowler who can bowl at a high speed in the limited over games.

But, he was not picked even for the 50-over A team touring England.  We saw Shardul Thakur instead.   

Surely, the parameter for selection does not seem consistent and there is something else at play here.

Yes, IPL also played a big part and no broadcast of vH trophy also played a part.

1 minute ago, Mosher said:

Then they could have selected Rajpoot. Tall outswing bowler who bowls with decent control and pace. Can bowl yorkers and slower ones too.

I have been really wanting rajpoot to get selected for more then an year

Shockingly i dnt see him even on A games in odi , i hope they are just not considering him for longer format 

3 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

based on this outing looked rather ordinary say compared to Sid Kaul.

Those quoting numbers in domestics should note Vinny Kumar has amazing domestic numbers in the ranjis

Yes, domestic numbers aren't everything but they are one of the selection criteria along with A tours.

12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yes, domestic numbers aren't everything but they are one of the selection criteria along with A tours.

i am not saying he does not deserve his shot. Just saying based on what i have seen in one match is nothing special.

42 minutes ago, G_B_ said:

Those quoting numbers in domestics should note Vinny Kumar has amazing domestic numbers in the ranjis

Ideally, I would look for the types of pacers who succeed in international cricket ... genuine fast bowlers ...  tall, hit the deck bounce bowlers ... genuine swing bowlers who can hit the deck too when needed.

Then look for performances among those bowlers.

Vinay's bowling style was not suited to international cricket.

Edited by express bowling