Should we groom Mayank Markande as surprise weapon for WC19!

10 minutes ago, maniac said:

Not the worst bowler. Very raw. A work in progress. Also another one dimensional

player who cannot bat. Didn’t see him field so don’t know. Anyways too early.

Nothing special about this kid as of now. Rahul Chahar is a better prospect.But I like the fact that he was given a chance. Now if only they have balls to drop thaila.

K Gowtham T20 bowling ave 28, econ 7.3 and batting sr of 168 with two T20 half centuries. 

Shreyas Gopal t20 bowling average : 18, econ: 7.5

Gopal is a more than useful bat. 

Markande T20 bowling ave 26, econ: 8

Given they're much better bats and probably just as good if not better bowlers (more experience too) I would have preferred Gowtham or Gopal in the team

Edited by Sooda

K Gowtham T20 bowling ave 28, econ 7.3 and batting sr of 168 with two T20 half centuries. 

Shreyas Gopal t20 bowling average : 18, econ: 7.5
Gopal is a more than useful bat. 

Markande T20 bowling ave 26, econ: 8

Given they're much better bats and probably just as good if not better bowlers (more experience too) I would have preferred Gowtham or Gopal in the team

It's all politics and media hype you know.
Gowtham or Gopal might be older and more experienced and much better but Markande is much more high profile give that he is from MI.
Not to mention that he is relatively new, he brings in excitement of seeing a completely raw guy.
Everybody loves surprises and so Kohli and Company complies.
Just like Shubman.
This dude had a lot of hype before he debuted, now the hype around him is so thunda that even KKR is feeling embarrassed to promote him

Remember Khaleel was also being hyped to the top with Dravid Certification and all?
Now he is absolutely nowhere
Similar stuff will happen Markande too unless he has good political/media backing ala Pant.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk