Dilip Vengsarkar: "How can you drop Rahane from the England ODIs after captaining the Test team against Afghanistan?

Pant is only talked about as he has decently done well,you can find him scoring freely against Eng A where all other domestic stalwarts failed,so there is a reason people back him, Similarly it is done with Shaw,Gill,Mavi as people see potential in them,there is no pr behind them, pr  comes only into picture when they feature in main team primarily.Fans arent biased ,as much as they want Pant,they want to see Kishan,Gill,Mavi, Nagarkoti,Khaleel too.I wont call them biased ,we have our grudge as we see after being qualified to play ,players like Rahul,Pant,Siraj,Saini,Khaleel are in sidelines and the tried tested failures are being given n number of chances.Even to be called a failure one has to be provided with decent run,Rahul gets his peanut chances here and there,I dont see him getting 14-15 continous games.Every now and then he is getting dropped,this in turn doesnt provide the selection committee the needed evidence to drop him,neither does it give him confidence to play his innings,he always has a look of a scared lamb who  is there to save his head ..Had it happened with kohli then,we wouldn't have seen the Kohli of now,atleast Dhoni had something (integrity)in him to try him ,give him a proper run,but unfortunately this Kohli has lost everything to his greed for money and power
There is no end to it..
More than Rahul, I want DK to get a prominent run as a batsman because he is surely gonna be our next Wk-Bat and I don't think Kohli will immediately let Pant handle the gloves irrespective of his A performance.
A games and Senior Team are completely different thing

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Trust me guys for Rohit and Rahane there is no Mumbai bias. These experts are just not capable enough to understand that modern ODI has no place for batsman like Rahane. Rohit is universally liked by ex cricketers, experts, commentators from all regions and generations. He is one of those guys who is lucky to be the most pampered ever since his debut.Mumbai lobby is not specifically the reason for his long run. Even without them he would still have had a long rope. Ganguly is one of the strongest supporter of Rahane in ODI. Is he also from Mumbai? Reality is these experts are out of touch with today's brand of LOIs.

Edited by Pollack
7 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

More than Rahul, I want DK to get a prominent run as a batsman because he is surely gonna be our next Wk-Bat and I don't think Kohli will immediately let Pant handle the gloves irrespective of his A performance.

I wont second this,coz whatever it takes to take the team down..Kohli does it

20 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Trust me guys for Rohit and Rahane there is no Mumbai bias. These experts are just not capable enough to understand that modern ODI has no place for batsman like Rahane. Rohit is universally liked by ex cricketers, experts, commentators from all regions and generations. He is one of those guys who is lucky to be the most pampered ever since his debut.Mumbai lobby is not specifically the reason for his long run. Even without them he would still have had a long rope. Ganguly is one of the strongest supporter of Rahane in ODI. Is he also from Mumbai? Reality is these experts are out of touch with today's brand of LOIs.

yup strangely even naseer hussain cnt digest that rohit is not playing test cricket

Ian chappell made a theory that the only rohit will do well is if he bats above kohli coz then he ll not have pressure of kohli outperforming him

9 hours ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

DK Is 33 years old, irrespective of how long a rope he gets, he will stay 20-30 man.