Who needs to be replaced by rahul- Dhawan or Pujara??

1 minute ago, Clarke said:

And then King Kohli does a klpd on every Indian cricket fan by dropping Rahul and playing Dhawan and Pujara.

kohli selection jokes are bit too overrated....he was right in not selecting bhuvi in 2nd test in saf, and not playing rahane....there's a very accurate reason for that.

2nd test in af was absolute flat deck....bhuvi would have been carted there, bhuvi in 1st test picked up most wickets on green pitch with new ball, he struggles with old ball due to lack of pace, bounce, reverse-swing.

rahane was in a really bad mindset and his confidence was down.....was struggling badly in tests, while rohit seemed confident in nets- u can't pick players on perception, current form is a big factor too...

23 minutes ago, Samcric said:

Pujara for the 1st test. Dhawan looks clueless against balls that move around a bit whether swing or seam. Dukes move a bit all day. Will be a huge bet. He will probably come good once or twice in 10 innings if he were to play all games. I am not sure if that is a chance worth taking. But then if Pujara plays like the way he played county cricket, then we are truly doomed.

For the sake of Indian Cricket, let's hope Pujara scores a fifty in 1st test.

summed up pretty well....:thumb:

12 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

posters on this forum are unbelievable, just before SA series ie 3 test ago people were cry how bias kohli is because he doesnt rate Pujara now they dont even want him in the team. By the end of this series i bet same will happen to Rahul. 

If he cannot perform in the most important tours, then what is he doing in this Indian team? He has already played 55 test matches and he's still not sure about his game. 

12 minutes ago, LORD_analyst said:

kohli selection jokes are bit too overrated....he was right in not selecting bhuvi in 2nd test in saf, and not playing rahane....there's a very accurate reason for that.

2nd test in af was absolute flat deck....bhuvi would have been carted there, bhuvi in 1st test picked up most wickets on green pitch with new ball, he struggles with old ball due to lack of pace, bounce, reverse-swing.

rahane was in a really bad mindset and his confidence was down.....was struggling badly in tests, while rohit seemed confident in nets- u can't pick players on perception, current form is a big factor too...

Bhuvi was 2nd highest scorer in 3rd test. Without his batting we would not have won 3rd test either.

First test - Pandya and Bhuvi added 99 runs for 7th wicket reducing the deficit to 95 runs from 194.

2nd inn - Ashwin and Bhuvi added 49 runs for 8th wicket.

Result India lost by 72 runs.

3rd test - Bhuvi scored 30 runs of last 44 scored for last 5 wickets.

2nd inn - added 55 runs with Rahane for 7th wicket.

Result India won by 63 runs.

Greentop and/or inclement weather-> Pujara because he can may be blunt the brand new cherry. Dhawan won't last 10 balls but with Che there is at least a 20% chance that he will make life easier for Kohli-Rahane. Stats column may not show but Che was instrumental in our Lord's 2014 victory LINK

Lifeless patta (2014 Trent Bridge, MCG/SCG 2014-15)-> Dhawan, 10% chance of him firing if all stars align.

Patta with chances of turn later on (Adelaide 2014 or the 2 Eng-Pak tests in 2016 which greenbros won)-> Pujara

Choice is between devil and deep blue sea here. I would prefer Karthik and Pant to get slotted in but this is Kohli-Shastri we are talking about.....they may as well drop Vijay, KLR and Rahane to get in Dhawan, Che and Thakur (last one in Neil Johnson role i.e. opening batter and bowler, for his intent and aggression) :((

4 hours ago, LORD_analyst said:

will play dhawan on flat pitch , and pujara on green pitch.

also, in 2nd innings, the grass on pitch will burn off....can bet a million dollars that in those conditions where there is no grass, dhawan will edge out pujara, everytime.

@express bowling??

This management uses horses for courses policy only for bowlers.  Dhawan scoring runs on a flat track would mean him playing on green tracks too.  (  Like Rahane was dropped for Rohit in S.A. because he scored against SL. )

I don't wan't Dhawan playing any test matches.  And we need to develop a batter who can potentially replace Pujara outside Asia.

Trying someone like Nair at 3  or DK  in the top 3 and Pant at 6 ... may not be any worse than playing Pujara in his current form in England.

Edited by express bowling
6 hours ago, UnknownGenius said:

I would replace both. Might as well play extra bowler. Anyway they do nothing

Vijay

DK

Rahul

Kohli

Jinx

Ashwin

Pant

Jadejja 

Thakur (can bat)

Two number 11's

Jadeja n thakur in a testmatch ?? that too outside asia?? Bhang pi ke post karta hai kya??

Edited by beetle
8 hours ago, Samcric said:

Pujara for the 1st test. Dhawan looks clueless against balls that move around a bit whether swing or seam. Dukes move a bit all day. Will be a huge bet. He will probably come good once or twice in 10 innings if he were to play all games. I am not sure if that is a chance worth taking. But then if Pujara plays like the way he played county cricket, then we are truly doomed.

For the sake of Indian Cricket, let's hope Pujara scores a fifty in 1st test. Nair didn't look convincing in that India A series so Pant is the only other option. 

There is no need to play both of them .

Have KL, Vijay , RAHANE , virat, DK & Pant .  I think on form  this is the best possible line up. 

However i will still give one test to Chepu . If fails then the above 6 will play on rest of the matches . 

I just had a CONF Call with Virat and we finalised the final 11, I had to accept his terms.. :hatsoff:

The Test 11 will be-

1. Murli VJ
  2. Dhawan
  3. KL Rahul
  4. Virat Kohli
  5. Ajinkya
  6. Karthik
  7. Hardik
  8. Ashwin
  9. Shammi
  10. Umesh
  11. Ishant....

I thought that i will make you guys know the 11 before the test Begins...

I tried my level best to Push Kuldeep but Virat was clear in his demand for Ashwin.

We also had a bit of conversation over dhawan and Pujara but we both agreed to give dhawan a chance first.:cheer: