This will be one of the best series of Umesh Yadav's career

6 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Some one on match thread said Jinx dropped catch on his bowling. So doesn't deserves all the flak. Yes, he has not performed after so much experience but what can he do today if slip dropped a catch on his bowling. Deserved a wicket.

It was ishant. But agree yadav has been unlucky today. Has bowled pretty well to be honest.

After watching him in IPL i felt he could be our strike bowler here. Been disappointing. 29 runs in 7 overall. Neither picking wicket nor choking runs. Hope he uses this chance at least. Most of his career is over as pacer but still can't cut the top level, which is worrying. Perhaps I was silly expecting him to pick 25 odd wickets this series on basis of the dodgy IPL.

50 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Its just 3 overs. First time hes bowling in England. Cut him some slack. Quote me at the end of the day if he's still doing bad. Some of you losers deserve your dindas and Mohit sharmas, etc.

A test career of 37 test matches and still he cannot be leader of even an Indian pace bowling attack. Same with Ishant. Same old story it seems. 82 test matches experience and still cannot be leader of pace attack. It's not they are being criticized in their debut match. It's a rightful criticism of someone who is being criticized for failing in spite of a long international experience. He was promising in IPL, gave feeling at least this would be a series wherein he would pick 25 odd wickets for first time in his career, but that was a false hope it seems.

17 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

A test career of 37 test matches and still he cannot be leader of even an Indian pace bowling attack. Same with Ishant. Same old story it seems. 82 test matches experience and still cannot be leader of pace attack. It's not they are being criticized in their debut match. It's a rightful criticism of someone who is being criticized for failing in spite of a long international experience. He was promising in IPL, gave feeling at least this would be a series wherein he would pick 25 odd wickets for first time in his career, but that was a false hope it seems.

Clown said quota him at the end of the day. It's just tea break wait pls...  Let Ishant and Shami do all the hard work. He ll pick Anderson and then he will claim "Umesh the legend yadav" is back:phehe:

Pacer - Test

Ishant - 82

Umesh - 37

Shami - 30

Lot of experience in cricket they have played at various levels, yet we haven't found a leader for the pace attack. Rabada with 32 tests is already leading the bowling attack for SA, even with Steyn in the team. How many tests do our pacers need to put up the hands and take on the responsibility. 

Yes, like many on this forum have repeatedly said this is not our first choice bowling attack with couple of bowlers injured, but then neither Bumrah nor Bhuvi are leaders of pace attack.

What's missing:

(1) A performing pacer who can lead the pace battery.

(2) Someone who will become a ATG pacer form the new bunch of pacers.

(3) Couple of pacers who have it in them to pick 22- 25 wickets in one test series. 

The benchmarks have to be better. Just one or two good series won't get the team anywhere.

16 minutes ago, asterix said:

I can now safely say....

GHANTA!

Once a shyte bowler, always a shite bowler...

The other one is Ishu... he is as usual unlucky... screws India in the only format he plays...

Well, he has performed below par in his test career, but i think selectors were probably fooled like me seeing him bowl in past few months. Deserved this chance. But it does seems that he is bowling way below his average speed today. Is he fully fit ? Or is he concentrating to improve his erratic line and length and hence cutting on the pace. Whatever it is , don't care. After such a long career one needs to show up results. But i would not put it as harshly as you mentioned. Once a below par performer, but he can have the odd good test. I can understand the frustration though. There were youth who could have deserved a chance in absence of Bhuvi and Bumrah, but then same old non performing bowlers (Umesh and Ishant) have been chosen ahead of youngsters. Virat does seems to prefers experience. He will justify the tried and tested  tried and flopped bowlers like Ishant and Umesh on basis of one or two good test matches they have. What these experienced bowlers should be giving is performance in most of the tests in series rather than it being vice versa.

Edited by Straight Drive