Does India need a foreign coach?

Lala

Does India need a foreign coach?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Does India need a foreign coach?

No, India need a competent coach who has experience. Tom Moody was an option during the selection process, but we got Shastri. Even someone like Dravid would've been good, but he wasn't ready to take on the time commitment for the national team duties. The same was true for Zak and the bowling coach role. 

Too bad Ganguly, who suddenly is bearing his fangs, didn't do his "Dadagiri" when he was part of the selection committee for the new coach and could have prevented Shastri from getting the job.   

9 hours ago, InziRules said:

You give them power, like Mickey has to change the---

On second thoughts, Mickey is a very horrific coach, you should look elsewhere for a strict coach to change the system

Seriously though, Kumble was the perfect coach for India

At least Mickey is trying and introducing young players in your side or gives importance to fitness.He has a captain who wants the side to do well and I am not questioning Virat’s thinking but he needs a coach who can keep him in line.

Tactical and strategic acumen are lacking in this coaching staff team. 

Or the captain does not take such inputs from them.  Maybe a bit of both.

We rarely see any specific plans for batsmen with known weaknesses ... team selections are often not in tune with playing conditions ... batsmen going into a slump are often seen to persist with the faults in their techniques for unusually long periods ...  slip fielders standing too close to each other and blocking each other's catches etc. etc. 

We need a coach who is strategic and tactical and can put forward these ideas in an amicable non-overbearing way.

1 hour ago, Stan AF said:

Bring Dravid

I cannot understand why Dravid does not want to take the step up?! Perhaps there will be a clash of personalities and the Likes of Dravid and Kohli cannot get along. Can't see Dravid justifying selecting posers like Pandya into the test side.

Blaming Shastri is simply unfair. Cricket isn't the only challenge he's facing, I think right now Shastri's primary focus is fighting obesity!

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Tactical and strategic acumen are lacking in this coaching staff team. 

Or the captain does not take such inputs from them.  Maybe a bit of both.

We rarely see any specific plans for batsmen with known weaknesses ... team selections are often not in tune with playing conditions ... batsmen going into a slump are often seen to persist with the faults in their techniques for unusually long periods ...  slip fielders standing too close to each other and blocking each other's catches etc. etc. 

We need a coach who is strategic and tactical and can put forward these ideas in an amicable non-overbearing way.

before all that i feel they all lack good work ethics......thats why i put tht post of gambhir that kirsten was not tactically that gr8 but worked really hard with the team. Here players not playing warmup games n having more off. This Support staff needs holidays when a player wants to practice 

Most importantly coaching staff doesnt have international exp  to share, which fears me for the new lot as who will guide in tough situations.....On A-tours they had dravid 

What wud a bharat arun share when bowlers are running out of ideas 

What wud a bangar who has only played 10 test tell to rahane who has played almost 50 now 

Tactical and strategic acumen are lacking in this coaching staff team - i have lost hope on reaching this extent