England vs India, 3rd Test Trent Bridge - 18-22 Aug - Match Thread

Trent Bridge match winner  

55 members have voted

1. 1. 3rd Test : Who will take the final wicket?

• Bumrah
    • Shami
    • Ashwin
    • Ishant
    • Pandya

This poll is closed to new votes

Gavaskar has an interesting take on Ashwin not picking up wickets after Birmingham test. 

Acc to Gavaskar, Ashwin explained his entire bowling action and variations to Ian Ward just to show off.. Ward surely passed that onto the Eng support staff. That may or may not be the reason, but why reveal all your secrets to the opposition? Lame guy. 

5 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Padosis on green forum hv already started celebrating their forthcoming Asia cup win by virtue of bumrah's no balls.  :nervous:

Nobody is going to charge them for imagining. Isn't it? :giggle: After their super duper series with Zimbabwe in July, they've almost got 2 months of rest.

Dil ko khush rakhne ko, Ghalib, yeh khayaal achcha hai. 

5 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

It was a forgone conclusion...India had to win. Check who created the match thread :proud:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

aur fir tune bataya ni, team ka character pta chal gya? Bc phateechar dhoni aur King Kohli mein difference bhi pta chal gya hoga :biggrin:

4 hours ago, putrevus said:

It is not failing, unlike odis where one man can do chasing, in tests you need more than one man to show up Both cases he had very little support.

As said he has Pandya at the other end in first test....Pandya was the last man got out.

2 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

Ruthlessness is a word unknown to even the best Indian teams of the past.

I would not mind giving 100+ runs in a session to pick up 3-4 wkts .... at times, you have to make them hit in the air to score runs 

6 minutes ago, zen said:

I would not mind giving 100+ runs in a session to pick up 3-4 wkts .... at times, you have to make them hit in the air to score runs 

True. I'd always prefer an attacking field with close in catchers. Let them have a go at us. 
After Stokes got out, the last 3 have batted for more than 16 overs. We have some major issues removing opposition's tail & we have paid for it heavily as well. While our tailenders couldn't stay at the crease for even 8 overs. 

1 hour ago, zen said:

With Eng needing to win 4 sessions in a row, Ind should have attacked a lot more 

They did attack quite a bit, edges didn't carry, catches dropped (1 or 2 by pant, 1 by Kohli), one dismissal on no-ball, one saved by Umpires call. It was an exciting game. We also need luck like Butler was out on a Umpires call.

4 hours ago, Turning_track said:

True. I'd always prefer an attacking field with close in catchers. Let them have a go at us. 
After Stokes got out, the last 3 have batted for more than 16 overs. We have some major issues removing opposition's tail & we have paid for it heavily as well. While our tailenders couldn't stay at the crease for even 8 overs. 

We have tailenders.  They dont.  They have bowlers who can bat, bowling alrounders, barring Anderson.  That is the difference.  Rashid, Broad, Woakes all are capable batsmen. you cannot call them tail and their batting has been their strength in test cricket.