I would not play Bumrah in England: Michael Holding

Umesh with 90mph outswing will be handy on English tracks, umeshs natural angle takes the ball away from the right handers which can be perfect to accompany bumrah who brings it back into the right handers, he does struggle with rhythm, fails to complete his action and looses his accuracy and pace but discarding him after one bad series will be total nonsense, I will still back and play him over ishant, I guess kumble had huge impact on his bowling as he made sure umesh is  ready with  full rhythm before the match by making him toil hard in nets the reason why he did so well under him, umesh should step up he still can contribute for India.

1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Umesh with 90mph outswing will be handy on English tracks, umeshs natural angle takes the ball away from the right handers which can be perfect to accompany bumrah who brings it back into the right handers, he does struggle with rhythm, fails to complete his action and looses his accuracy and pace but discarding him after one bad series will be total nonsense, I will still back and play him over ishant, I guess kumble had huge impact on his bowling as he made sure umesh is  ready with  full rhythm before the match by making him toil hard in nets the reason why he did so well under him, umesh should step up he still can contribute for India.

If fit, All three, Umesh, Shami and Bhumrah must play. Say No to Sharmas on overseas trip.

Edited by mishra
1 hour ago, speedheat said:

Its look good to hear when talking about umesh but it has rarely happened in reality. So plz stop imagining.

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Its look good to hear when talking about umesh but it has rarely happened in reality. So plz stop imagining.

It has happened vs austraila last year when he took 17 wickets @22, by no means is imagination,I heard similar allegations  from muloghonto right before that series and was forced to ate egg on his face, umesh when in rhythm can cause more damage than ishant bhuvi and pandya in test matches, he also has knack of picking wickets out of nowhere when long partnership is going on, problem for him is fitness and rhythms and that's where bowling coach should have helped him.

6 minutes ago, speedheat said:

It has happened vs austraila last year when he took 17 wickets @22, by no means is imagination,I heard similar allegations  from muloghonto right before that series and was forced to ate egg on his face, umesh when in rhythm can cause more damage than ishant bhuvi and pandya in test matches, he also has knack of picking wickets out of nowhere when long partnership is going on, problem for him is fitness and rhythms and that's where bowling coach should have helped him.

There is no reliability. Picking umesh is like tukka maarna in an exam. Why would a captain pick him when there are more reliable bowlers available.

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

There is no reliability. Picking umesh is like tukka maarna in an exam. Why would a captain pick him when there are more reliable bowlers available.

6 hours ago, speedheat said:

speedheat Umesh is terrible and stupid, look at his career average, it backs up eye test,

UMESH IS TERRIBLE!!! No accuracy, no nothing, no conistency. Umesh should never play for India again. Umesh, along with rohit sharma is biggest fraud ever. 

9 hours ago, mishra said:

If fit, All three, Umesh, Shami and Bhumrah must play. Say No to Sharmas on overseas trip.

this is where it gets difficult for Umesh. Shami and now Bumrah are ahead of him so that means 4 slots taken then Pandya has to sit out , but can Bhuv be trusted with the bat so much, he surely can not sit out for any of the fast bowlers, so there are only two spots and its a toss up between Umesh and Bumrah who do you think will play ?  :). Its curtains for Umesh, he regressed and is paying the price. Bumrah knows this he is rapid and is picking wickets.

I never wanted Umesh to play ahead of Bhuvi but now since the tables have turned and Bhuvi is playing is finally getting to play test matches, I feel annoyed to see Umesh being criticized while he is not playing. It looks ridiculous to see some people asking for Umesh to be forgotten or be never given chance.

The guy is still our fastest Test bowler currently going and you can’t forget such guy even though he might be spray gun. 

He is a special talent and I say the same for Varun Aaron. 

I will give both these guys chance down the line and keep them in the loop instead of forgetting both of them.  We have invested a lot in Umesh and he has shown promise in recent times. Its not the right time to forget him. He is not needed in every test but both him and Aaron still can play role for Indian team down the line.

Aaron and Umesh are in their own league in terms of pace and need to given respect that way and shouldn’t be forgotten. All young bowlers are exciting but that doesn’t mean we forget Umesnh and Aaron totally.

6 hours ago, lamellavig said:

speedheat Umesh is terrible and stupid, look at his career average, it backs up eye test,

UMESH IS TERRIBLE!!! No accuracy, no naothing, no conistency. Umesh should never play for India again. Umesh, along with rohit sharma is biggest fraud ever. 

As stupid as it gets, umesh averages 35 in tests better than ishant 36 umesh averages 32 in Odis better than bhuvi 37,  still our best fast bowler when in form and rhythms, ffs.

Edited by speedheat
6 hours ago, Cricketics said:

I never wanted Umesh to play ahead of Bhuvi but now since the tables have turned and Bhuvi is playing is finally getting to play test matches, I feel annoyed to see Umesh being criticized while he is not playing. It looks ridiculous to see some people asking for Umesh to be forgotten or be never given chance.

The guy is still our fastest Test bowler currently going and you can’t forget such guy even though he might be spray gun. 

He is a special talent and I say the same for Varun Aaron. 

I will give both these guys chance down the line and keep them in the loop instead of forgetting both of them.  We have invested a lot in Umesh and he has shown promise in recent times. Its not the right time to forget him. He is not needed in every test but both him and Aaron still can play role for Indian team down the line.

Aaron and Umesh are in their own league in terms of pace and need to given respect that way and shouldn’t be forgotten. All young bowlers are exciting but that doesn’t mean we forget Umesnh and Aaron totally.

Yes, we all want umesh and Aaron to do well but how long keep picking then just for home. Umesh already got a lot of chances but has flattered to decieve. Aaron should get more chances. Umesh is already 30 year old. These should have been his peak years but he is struggling to hold his place.

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yes, we all want umesh and Aaron to do well but how long keep picking then just for home. Umesh already got a lot of chances but has flattered to decieve. Aaron should get more chances. Umesh is already 30 year old. These should have been his peak years but he is struggling to hold his place.

He is struggling because Shami is still hanging and doing well and Bumrah has emerged suddenly in Test.

Imagine if Shami is ruled out for a series which he most likely will down the line, and Bumrah is not used for a test, then in that situation you shouldn’t need all new bowlers in a series. We can give chance to guy like Saini and still play Umesh in a test or two.

We have to be realistic. Shami-Bhuvi-Bumrah won’t together play all 9 test matches in England and Austeali.  Some will be dropped because of poor performance or may have to rest due to injury. We will need guy like Umesh around.

He has a role to play in Indian test cricket everywhere. He is the fittest he has ever been. I would surely give him at least a test or two in England and in Australia even after giving chances to Saini.

10 hours ago, express bowling said:

Umesh is a natural outswing bowler.  He maybe useful in England. 

Yes, he can go for runs ... but he may take more wickets than Ishant in England due to his outswing.

He may, but then he may not... we never what Umesh turns up.