Asia Cup squad announced, Rohit to lead.... Khaleel Selected

Not surprised at Pandey, Rayudu and Jadhav’s inclusions. Saw it coming. Guess one of them will face the axe when Kohli comes back, the other two will stay.

Jadhav is likely picked as the sixth bowling option in the WC XI

Why Axar? Why does this guy always have to be picked despite doing nothing. Would have liked to see Krunal, Sundar or even Gowtham in his place.

Dhoni again. Less said the better. But looks like we are stuck with him till WC 2019. 

Would have also liked liked to see Bumrah rested for a young pacer - Mavi, Nagarkoti or Saini. Why bother your most talented bowler in some useless tour with flat pitches.  Save him for more important ones.

2 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

Really want to see Khaleel play against UAE infact Bhuvi should have been rested and Siraj should have been playing 

Siraj has bowled very poorly in the just concluded 50 over Quadrangular tournament.

Saini has bowled really well along with the selected Khaleel.

Siraj is a test match candidate as of today.

4 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Rohit is not even a consistent performer and here he is made to lead the team. The audacity of BCCI to take fans for a ride. I am gonna list out all the losers in the squad starting with Rohit. 

Rohit, Jadhav, Dhoni (seriously), Rayudu, Thakur, Kumar, Axar, Chahal.. No thanks. 

Rohit is not going anywhere till the next WC and few others. I feel he lead us well in the t20 games in South Africa and Srilanka who else should have been named captain if not Rohit ?Don’t want to see Dhoni again in fact he should be asked to retire he is done and dusted and selectors are cowards why not give guys like Pant a chance here even DK is a questionable selection a cameo of 20-30 is not enough you have to score consistently.Likes of Shaw,Mayank,Gill should have been selected like you I also feel this is a meaningless tournament only India vs Pakistan match will draw huge numbers.

Considering the options and need to rest players:

OK: Rohit, Dhawan, Pandey, Dhoni (will be here till WC2019), Karthik, Pandya, Kuldeep, Chahal, Bumrah and Khaleel 

Question Marks: Rayudu, Jadhav and Bhuvi 

Not Ok: Thakur 

Would have liked if Gill and Krunal were included, along with another pace bowler in place of Thakur (and also Bhuvi if options are available). Sunder / Gowtham could have been given an opportunity as well .... could have rested Hardik too 

Edited by zen
8 minutes ago, Switchblade said:

At home we dominate as it is why not give youngster a chance to gain some confidence :(

If I had my way ... I would rotate Siraj, Saini and Rajpoot as the 2 fast bowlers in the 2 tests against the weak West Indies.

Spinners will assume primary responsibility in India ... so, this is possible to execute.

Edited by express bowling
1 minute ago, express bowling said:

If I had my way ... I would rotate Siraj, Saini and Rajpoot as the 2 fast bowlers in the 2 tests against weak the West Indies.

Spinners will assume primary responsibility in India ... so, this is possible to execute.

Rajpoot has been really impressive but sadly I see most if them coming into play next year after the WC  if Bcci is keen to build towards the future.

24 minutes ago, Lannister said:

Rohit is not even a consistent performer and here he is made to lead the team. The audacity of BCCI to take fans for a ride. I am gonna list out all the losers in the squad starting with Rohit. 

Rohit, Jadhav, Dhoni (seriously), Rayudu, Thakur, Kumar, Axar, Chahal.. No thanks. 

No idea how Thakur makes it to the squad when others are doing better than him.