Bhajji, Vikrant, Madan Lal want Pant in Asia Cup

Sgattick10

Absolutely, Pant would have a terrific time carrying drinks at the Asia Cup

I can see it now:

(Scene begins) 

(A grizzly old Dhoni calls for Pant preparing to enter the match; Asia Cup match vs Pakistan, India 250-3, 40th over)
(A giggling young Pant runs to Dhoni)
Pant: "Mahi Kaka, Mahi Kaka, kya aapne mujhe bulaaya?"
Dhoni: "Haan Rishu beta, jaa jaaldi se mera bat, mera helmet, aur Shastri Kaka ke liye ek bottle Vodka leh ke aao "
Pant: "Mahi Kaka, agar main aisa karta hoon, toh kya aap muhje batting karne dhoonga agle match mein?"
Dhoni: "Na beta, main retire ho jaoonga  2030 mein, phir teri baari! Lekin, agar tu jaldi se aate ho, toh main tujhko helicopter ride par le jaoonga."
(The young Pant, ecstatic at the thought of his career launching 12 years from now screams)
Pant: Promise? 
(The sly Dhoni, wearing his trademark smile and crossing his fingers behind his back)
Dhoni: Haan beta, promise...
(Pant, with eyes filled with joy)
Pant: Mahi Kaka, aap mahan ho!
(Unable to contain his exuberance, the young Pant does a quick charan sparsh of Dhoni and rushes to retrieve the items )
(Dhoni, by himself, awaiting the young lad's arrival chuckles to himself)
Dhoni: "Murk! Dhoni is forever!"

(End scene)
I have Feeling Dhoni won't retire in 2019 .
He has said he might even play beyond that and he WOULD - unless he's not kicked out.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

I have Feeling Dhoni won't retire in 2019 .
He has said he might even play beyond that and he WOULD - unless he's not kicked out.

I think he will retire after 2019 WC and continue to play IPL only. He wants a chance to win the cup again, so he is continuing. He already retired from Tests, so the WC is the only thing that keeps him going I think.

I think he will retire after 2019 WC and continue to play IPL only. He wants a chance to win the cup again, so he is continuing. He already retired from Tests, so the WC is the only thing that keeps him going I think.

They won't win WC next.
All odds are on England BTW.

About Tests , always had a feeling Mahi thinks this format as redundant and past it's expiry date
That's why never did concentrate on it.

2 minutes ago, UrmiSinhaRay said:

They won't win WC next.
All odds are on England BTW.

About Tests , always had a feeling Mahi thinks this format as redundant and past it's expiry date
That's why never did concentrate on it.

For Mahi bhai everything is redundant other than dirty yellow jersey.

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I dnt care If he plays WI ODi series or not but he shud go to NZ-A tour which will help him be better prep for Aus tour and NZ-A tour will clash with WI series

As much as I want dadu to be replaced in ODI's,I agree on Pant.He will 100% struggle with the gloves in Australia. On the batting front,he is surprisingly good against short ball for a young Indian batsman, so he should be fine there. 

Also don't think Saha is totally done, he should still be our 1st choice.

5 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

As much as I want dadu to be replaced in ODI's,I agree on Pant.He will 100% struggle with the gloves in Australia. On the batting front,he is surprisingly good against short ball for a young Indian batsman, so he should be fine there. 

On the contrary i hve seen him struggling against into the body deliveries , for him that prep of NZ-A tour wud be very beneficial 

He wnt struggle with glove work in Aus, glove is generally a prob in Ind n ENg mostly 

He was good here in eng to, most of the byes wasnt his fault....everyone struggles a bit here. Even bairstrow was struggling, dhoni was very below avg in his 1st england tour as keeper 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

On the contrary i hve seen him struggling against into the body deliveries , for him that prep of NZ-A tour wud be very beneficial 

He wnt struggle with glove work in Aus, glove is generally a prob in Ind n ENg mostly 

He was good here in eng to, most of the byes wasnt his fault....everyone struggles a bit here. Even bairstrow was struggling, dhoni was very below avg in his 1st england tour as keeper 

Aus is more difficult to keep than England for SC keepers. Sure Eng is tough too but you get swinging conditions in India as well especially in the North in winter.

You don't see Aus like pitches any where in India.

His keeping is decent put still not a finished good yet. I mean comparing to Saha's glove work, he is not even close.However his batting is ahead.So he needs to have a lot of practice with the gloves on those pitches because looks like Saha might be done.

Coming to batting, I think he is ok with short pitch bowling based on the way he played Stokes who was trying to bounce him out. Looked more competent than Nair,Vihari or even Raina after all these years.

Edited by Global.Baba
7 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Aus is more difficult to keep than England for SC keepers. Sure Eng is tough too but you get swinging conditions in India as well especially in the North in winter.

His keeping is decent put still not a finished good yet. I mean comparing to Saha's glove work, he is not even close.However his batting is ahead.So he needs to have a lot of practice with the gloves on those pitches because looks like Saha might be done.

Coming to batting, I think he is ok with short pitch bowling based on the way he played Stokes who was trying to bounce him out. Looked more competent than Nair,Vihari or even Raina after all these years.

Difficulty keeping on Aus pitches? You must be kidding. Australia is one of the easiest places for keeper. 

11 hours ago, Global.Baba said:

Seedha bowl ke saamne keeping men kya problem

The problem in england is the ball swings till very late

In India it turns really sharp n it can keep low or jst jump of , australia men seedha bowl aata hai

Again u shud not compare him to Saha coz saha has polished it for yrs and this wnt happen overnight . 

Not really, In a few IPL games i hve noticed him getting in awkward position and those were indian pitches

Aus bowlers will have more pace then stokes

Raina ....hahahah. Most tailenders in this world will look more competant these days