Rahul's honeymoon period is over in tests

zen

1 minute ago, Laaloo said:

Rahul has been a dissappointment. You can't make excuses for him no more. He's had plenty of chances now in tests to prove himself. Alas its going to be a huge waste of talent ;((

You can't discard a player after investing so much on him. He should get Australian series atleast first two tests and then they should take a call on him.

15 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Definitely I would like to give him full series until the end of the year but the question is will the selectors give him the chance?

They should. Taking two newbie openers Shaw and Mayank to Aus is a big gamble. Shaw has done well in flat Home tracks, but whether the same flamboyance will work on pacy bouncy Aus pitches is still unknown.

It’ll most likely be Dhawan, Shaw and Rahul.

46 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

Hope not! I would rather have Jadeja opening than that hack. 

I'd prefer Vijay too.. He had a few bad games, but he's done well for Essex. I'd give him one last chance..

But the selectors would pick Dhawan, particularly when he gets so much backing from Kohli

Edited by bowl_out
11 hours ago, velu said:

Rahul has serious problems with half decent spin 

No.

Rahul was our best batsman in the home series against Australia in 2017 ... when the first 2 tests were on rank turners.

Scored  64,  10,  90,  51    in low scoring games.

Rahul's problems are against the swinging and seaming ball ...  basically movement by seamers.