Bilal Asif Bowling Action

Asif Bilal Bowling Action  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Is he a chucker?

@Lala

Fist thing first. Pakistani fans should accept that They arent getting freaks like Saqlin/Qadir/Akram in every gali mohallaa naka.

If I am to guess, Pakistan's domestic league must be plagued by chuckers. So blame lies at domestic level cricket, its coaches and PCB. Least PCB could do is, it must ban full sleeves among its domestic league.

As i quoted on Bong vs Pakistan asia cup match, Junaid was clearly chucking in second phase. Now it may not be intentional, but just the excitement as he was taking wickets in a crunch match but his full sleeves gives direct message to non Pakistani's that PCB is complicit, while to a Pakistani domestic player it says, its ok to chuck. And i will say, thats the root cause. So  no point in making BCCI/ICC Conspiracy theory.

I dont know if he is any good, but looking at his action in poor video quality, I thought , I was watching Chuckmal--.

Edited by mishra
11 hours ago, Iconoclast said:

Losing to the worst South Africa team in a decade ?

Losing to the worst England team in a decade ?

How  ?

SA test team of early 2018

ABDV

Amla

Elgar

DuPlessis

deKock  (  as keeper batsman )

Rabada

Philander

Morkel

Ngidi 

This is about as strong a SA team as I have ever seen since since their return in 1991.

Their best group of batsmen.   This bowling attack is almost unplayable in SA conditions.

England test team of mid 2018

Root

Bairstow (  as keeper batsman )

Stokes

Anderson 

Broad

Curran  (   amazing debut series )

Batting weak and I have not considered Cook as he had lost form permanently.  But very strong bowling attack in English conditions.   

I have not seen that many strong test teams from England since 1986.

Edited by express bowling
41 minutes ago, mishra said:

@Lala

Fist thing first. Pakistani fans should accept that They arent getting freaks like Saqlin/Qadir/Akram in every gali mohallaa naka.

If I am to guess, Pakistan's domestic league must be plagued by chuckers. So blame lies at domestic level cricket, its coaches and PCB. Least PCB could do is, it must ban full sleeves among its domestic league.

As i quoted on Bong vs Pakistan asia cup match, Junaid was clearly chucking in second phase. Now it may not be intentional, but just the excitement as he was taking wickets in a crunch match but his full sleeves gives direct message to non Pakistani's that PCB is complicit, while to a Pakistani domestic player it says, its ok to chuck. And i will say, thats the root cause. So  no point in making BCCI/ICC Conspiracy theory.

I dont know if he is any good, but looking at his action in poor video quality, I thought , I was watching Chuckmal--.

I agree and I cant even believe how people can wear full sleeves in such heat but even Lyon wears full sleeve. I have never seen him wear half sleeve

[mention=22604]Lala[/mention]

Another expert has spoken
4 hours ago, cric_fan said:

Not according to the sofa experts here

We all have an opinion. I thought he was no more than 10 degrees. In my mind he was not doing enough to gain any advantage. Once again looked clean for the delivery shown.

Edited by Khota

I think BCCI is partly to be blamed for this. Murali was the biggest chucker and BCCI supported him. Sohaibs effort balls were throw and BCCI supported him. Now Ajmal got caught because of lack of support.

Bilal once again looks clean to me. I am calling it as I see it.

51 minutes ago, Franco Vazquez said:

I agree and I cant even believe how people can wear full sleeves in such heat but even Lyon wears full sleeve. I have never seen him wear half sleeve

For a bowler, only genuine reason to wear sleeves is when you are a really atheletic fielder and you occasionally dive to stop the ball or if its winters. Else you are hiding something and your Cricket Board is aware of it

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

How  ?

SA test team of early 2018

ABDV

Amla

Elgar

DuPlessis

deKock  (  as keeper batsman )

Rabada

Philander

Morkel

Ngidi 

This is about as strong a SA team as I have ever seen since since their return in 1991.

Their best group of batsmen.   This bowling attack is almost unplayable in SA conditions.

England test team of mid 2018

Root

Bairstow (  as keeper batsman )

Stokes

Anderson 

Broad

Curran  (   amazing debut series )

Batting weak and I have not considered Cook as he had lost form permanently.  But very strong bowling attack in English conditions.   

I have not seen that many strong test teams from England since 1986.

Why o Why are you responding with logic and seriousness to the stark ravings of a butt-hurt defender of the flag.

1 hour ago, cric_fan said:

Another expert has spoken

I guess you don't like harsh facts being pointed out, so you can switch to attacking the person writing them.  

I do feel empathy for you, there's a lot of nonsense spouted about your country around here.  I can see why it would make you overly defensive about even legit criticisms.  

7 minutes ago, Khota said:

I think BCCI is partly to be blamed for this. Murali was the biggest chucker and BCCI supported him. Sohaibs effort balls were throw and BCCI supported him. Now Ajmal got caught because of lack of support.

Bilal once again looks clean to me. I am calling it as I see it.

Those were old days. BCCI, PCB,SLC used to stick together because there was serious issue with the way match officials and referees treated Asian teams. It wasnt level playing field. ( I will not go into Pakistani umpiring vs rest)

In 1996 Emerson called no ball on Murali

In 2000 John Reid fines Waqar for ball tempering.

In 2001,whole Indiam team was punished for  ball tampering even without a hearing by Englishman Denness

In 2006, Darell Hair punished Pakistan for ball tampering

In all 4 episodes, Only Waqar's decsion was conclusive, Rest all was more bigotary then evidence

14 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

He's not a chucker . Don't think Junaid is either. Bilal uses his wrists a lot and in real time it can look dodgy. But a slow mo on YT shows that he is clean. Nothing like the mother of all chuckers that was Saeed ajmal.

Check this thread. Bangladesh vs Pakistan. Look at initial posts of mine. I was in all praises to Junaid.

And then check the posts on thread after this.. When he started Chucking. Please note that two posters have immediately posted that he is chucking. It cant be co incidence.  We have just posted what we see.

1 minute ago, mishra said:

Check this thread. Bangladesh vs Pakistan. Look at initial posts of mine. I was in all praises to Junaid.

And then check the posts on thread after this.. When he started Chucking. Please note that two posters have immediately posted that he is chucking. It cant be co incidence.  We have just posted what we see.

From whatever videos I've seen of Junaid , even though his action is really jerky at times , there is not much elbow extension. I saw a couple where he bowls with a bent elbow but that bend was maintained so I guess it's ok. It's an ugly looking action but not chucking I guess. They would have called him otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Nikhil_cric said:

From whatever videos I've seen of Junaid , even though his action is really jerky at times , there is not much elbow extension. I saw a couple where he bowls with a bent elbow but that bend was maintained so I guess it's ok. It's an ugly looking action but not chucking I guess. They would have called him otherwise. 

Not really. If they keep calling all the time, people would have stopped wearing full sleeves.

However, in a tense situation, A chucker will end up chucking. No ball is not solution. Current process of post match review is not solution. Only solution is , umpire given power to warn the bowler and captain first time, that he thinks he is chucking. It will immediately reset the bowler.

If he chucks again, Umpire should warn the bowler and capatain again. On thisr time, he should be allowed to call match referee to make a decsion based on previous balls where bowler chucked. Also bowler should automatically be referred to ICC immediately if its blatant. Else may be certain count of such breaches should meant automatic referral and fine on Board/Carptain.

I guess you don't like harsh facts being pointed out, so you can switch to attacking the person writing them.  

I do feel empathy for you, there's a lot of nonsense spouted about your country around here.  I can see why it would make you overly defensive about even legit criticisms.  

This is not a legit criticism of Bilal. The ICC has already tested & cleared he’s action. If it is questioned again, then so be it. He will just have to go through the testing process again.
9 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

This is not a legit criticism of Bilal. The ICC has already tested & cleared he’s action. If it is questioned again, then so be it. He will just have to go through the testing process again.

But I was criticising PCB and your domestic league coaches and domestic leagues. Why every Pakistani player has to go through ICC. ICC has set the rules. PCB should domestically act and enforce it.

Other Boards sort it out themselves, except Sri Lankans. even they have got better.

Which other board have so many players referred to ICC?

Edited by mishra
19 hours ago, R.D forever said:

Irony is pakistanis call Ashwin a chucker. Ashwin Lyon and Swann actually bought some respect back to offspin after ajmal,bhajji and other doosra dumbos

Probably because he pointed out how cheaters wear full shirt to cover up their chucking.

20 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

I don't disagree.  But its a bit churlish to whinge about cricket fans commenting on an action that's unusual at a minimum.  Of course, there are the usual suspects who use it as a chance to totally bash Pakistan and its players, facts be damned.  But that's not everyone on this thread. 

And apart from Bilal, I think the there is plenty of factual basis in the criticism of the PCB and its failures in addressing the problem of suspect actions at the domestic level.  But an organization that's making an utter sheiyteshow of domestic cricket in pretty much every other aspect doesn't surprise by such a failure.