Mohammad Abbas...

Asim

Md. Abbas is a seamer on the taller side and bowls with metronomical accuracy.   He hits the seam from a high release point and gets movement with consistency. 

Such pacers, who combine decent height with great accuracy and hit the seam, have always done well.

He is not a run of the mill short trundler ...  and  seamers with such accuracy are not easy to find.

Very well said .To call him trundler is an insult . I am against trundlers but this guy is so skilled and accurate.

Our trundlers have no control nor do they have his height.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 10/17/2018 at 11:11 PM, CSK Fan said:

Bhuvi will do well in tests. The people here keep confusing the test format with odi ones and keep predicting bhuvi will fail. The so call experts on fast bowling here cannot differentiate between tests and odis. Bhuvi keeps being played in the wrong format

No Bhuvi does not have his height nor his accuracy to be as successful as Abbas. I am talking about tests only.But he is closest we have got to him.This guy is like Mcgrath nothing extraordinary seam or swing but is relentless in attacking stumps.

6 hours ago, Asim said:

Most wickets by any pacer in 2 Match UAE series, 15 by Abbas nw

Haven't seen you around for a while. Welcome back.  You increased the 'sane' Pakistani forum member percentage exponentially!  

On topic, I haven't seen much of Abbas bowl yet, but the plaudits are raining in from everywhere for him.  Looking forward to watching him bowl next when I get a chance!  

On 10/18/2018 at 2:07 AM, express bowling said:

Md. Abbas is a seamer on the taller side and bowls with metronomical accuracy.   He hits the seam from a high release point and gets movement with consistency. 

Such pacers, who combine decent height with great accuracy and hit the seam, have always done well.

He is not a run of the mill short trundler ...  and  seamers with such accuracy are not easy to find.

any similar medium pacers in Indian domestics ?

39 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

Shows that pace is over-rated without direction. But people here would rather have someone like Aaron because he is phaaast than Abbas.

Line and length has always trumped pace - McGrath, Anderson etc

Anderson and Mcgrath operate/d  135 -142, Thats pace and accuracy. Nothing wrong with Abbas, but its good to have pace with ability.