BREAKING: India's squad for final three ODIs

ssurenn

4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

How many runs did Shaw score in List A matches recently , Pant is already in the team.

Irrelevant point as the kid has had a good international debut displaying that he has the skills to be successful in multiple formats 

2 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

So rayadu is fine? Jadeja is fine? Pandey is fine? Oh my

I am not worked up over Rayudu  or Pandey. They are not your long terms answers but neither are Shaw and Gill for No 4 and No 5.

Rahul is only guy who can say he is not getting enough chances.

I have not seen any talent which we can saw is wow this guy needs to play now. I was all in for Pant and I am happy that he is playing he will play a crucial role.

I thought Jadhav was unfit along with Pandya not being there so Jadeja is being selected as an allrounder. I just read somewhere Jadhav is fit and playing matches then his non selection is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

rahul wants to open ,doesnt want to bat in the middle order .all this talent will amount to nothing if you are not desperate to play. 

You are spot on ,thats what I am not understanding Rahul should be screaming at top of his lungs I want to play in middle order every chance he gets. He should be playing list A at no 4.He should understand he is not good enough to replace either Rohit or Dhawan.

Edited by putrevus
1 minute ago, MultiB48 said:

he is young and probably feels has enough time on his hands to make  a career in odis as an opener after shikhar retires /starts to decline ,but if he gets into a rut at that point of his career as happened with yuvraj after ganguly retired... he can then say goodbye to his odi career.

Kohli started his career as opener in odis, Sachin played 60 plus matches in middle order. Sehwag got converted from middle order to an opener, these things happen all the time.

One thing I agree  this selection committee is useless , they are giving mixeds signal to everyone and are making everyone insecure and that is not best way to get performances.

I don't how Kohli/Shastri would be against Jadhav or Rahul if he wants to play in middle order.Rahul has lost lot of cache due to his performances as test opener.

32 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

he is young and probably feels has enough time on his hands to make  a career in odis as an opener after shikhar retires /starts to decline ,but if he gets into a rut at that point of his career as happened with yuvraj after ganguly retired... he can then say goodbye to his odi career.

Very risky approach.

What if Shaw or some other opener is deemed a better ODI opener when Dhawan declines ?

Rahul's approach is baffling in the last 12 months. 

Because the WC is only a few months away and with some of the folks that we invested time not seizing the opportunities, selectors and TM appear to be focused on the short term i.e. who can best do a particular job in the WC. Once the WC ends, I expect a bunch of youngsters to be tried out 

But Shaw, Pant and Gill are good enough and we have plenty of ODIs remaining. If some of the incumbent fail in AUS and NZ, it will put our team at peril w/ just ODIs vs Aus and Zim at home and IPL to sort things out 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25079928/fully-fit-jadhav-stumped-odi-non-selection

'Fully fit' Jadhav stumped by ODI non-selection

Very poor from the selectors, how does a fully fit Jadhav not get into the team? Did he not show his worth in the Asia cup?

Selectors are being stupid and sending mixed messages to all of the players. I am wondering whether Kohli and Sahstri are also involved in this decision

It looks to me like Jadeja has replaced Jadhav in the squad, but Jadhav is a much better bat and has shown thus far to be a far more wicket-taking bowler. 

Also I agree with Ajay Jadeja on this Cricbuzz video,

Also funny enough, Look at teh table on 23 seconds, 

Ahmed and then Umesh look to be best options for our 3rd seamer in WC thus far. Chahar, Shami,Thakur, and Kaul all have high averages/economies so they are not taking wickets and are leaking too many runs.

I think we should give more matches to Ahmed from now to see if he is ready for the WC. We also need 1 other young pacer to try.

If they do not succeed, we have Umesh who is a known commodity. I think Umesh bowled well enough at teh CT 2013 as well. 

4 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Mujhe kal hi laga they ll bring back bhuvi n bumrah. Kyunki fatt gayi

Thats why we have no backups, we just wanna win today, kal kisne dekha hai

Now khaleel might just warm the bench

Last yr we did same , played shami n umesh in one game against aus, haar  gaye drop kr diya

How will u create backups

So true ! 

Kohli and the selectors are too timid yo experiment new bowlers and scared of home defeats.this was the perfect series to try out new fast bowlers and what do we do ? Go back to bumrah and bhuvi .

And I must say on these flat decks even they will get tonked especially with the wet ball in evening 

10 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Shami dropped but Umesh stays. :giggle:

shammi rested and Umesh gets another chance..umesh's fitness is good and he may not even get to play in the 11 in australia though he may fly for sure. Shammi is likely to be in the test 11 and even good chances to be in the final 15 of world cup too.

kuldeep and chahal are better than jaddoo and ashwin in ODI and may be even in tests

4 hours ago, Moochad said:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25079928/fully-fit-jadhav-stumped-odi-non-selection

Very poor from the selectors, how does a fully fit Jadhav not get into the team? Did he not show his worth in the Asia cup?

Selectors are being stupid and sending mixed messages to all of the players. I am wondering whether Kohli and Sahstri are also involved in this decision

It looks to me like Jadeja has replaced Jadhav in the squad, but Jadhav is a much better bat and has shown thus far to be a far more wicket-taking bowler. 

right decision to drop jadhav..if i was virat, i would not pick a suspect in fitness player and he has been going down due to fitness quite many times..his fielding is average too.

actually i would wanna see his fitness in next 6 to 8 months, and if found strong and fit...then give him an opportunity

15 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Hope Shami is in the mix for WC. Too good a bowler to be dropped.

Even if shami is picked, he will not be playing....

So it is sensible to give him rest....

I think he played the test matches to....

He is valuable player and need to be handled well...

I hope this could be the intention for dropping him