Will Modi be biggest loser in Indian history if Rahul Gandhi trumps him in 2019?

Trichromatic

15 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

or the crap that goes on in border jelas of Bong-land. 

That’s where my problem is... Yes, please blame BJP/RSS for communalising but please don’t ignore various regional parties and Congress themselves patronising Muslims, giving them free hand, overlooking their atrocities on minority Hindus in those areas, just for vote Bank politics.. You see, Muslims vote en-block and not like fragmented Hindus... they are an asset to the secular parties... these so called secular parties allow these Muslim hardliners a free run... as if Hindu votes are for granted because they are fragmented...

Most secular parties are actually very communal to Hindus in their own country... Just look at the promises made by TRS and   Congress made to Muslims in Telangana elections.. 

Edited by asterix

That’s where my problem is... Yes, please blame BJP/RSS for communalising but please don’t ignore various regional parties and Congress themselves patronising Muslims, giving them free hand, overlooking their atrocities on minority Hindus in those areas, just for vote Bank politics.. You see, Muslims vote en-block and not like fragmented Hindus... they are an asset to the secular parties... these so called secular parties allow these Muslim hardliners a free run... as if Hindu votes are for granted because they are fragmented...

Most secular parties are actually very communal to Hindus in their own country... Just look at the promises made by TRS and   Congress made to Muslims in Telangana elections.. 
Dada,kisko samjha rahe ho?
Isi attitude ke vajah se WB wastrland hou gaya hai...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

Dada,kisko samjha rahe ho?
Isi attitude ke vajah se WB wastrland hou gaya hai...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

No he understands.. he himself mentioned it...

To Pakistanis @Alam_dar  all I can say is that Muslims are not at all living in fear in India... prime example is that millions of Bangladeshis and Rohingiyas are trying every month to come to India... Given an option, they would rather fear to go and settle in Pakistan...they’ll rather take their chances in India... :nice:

41 minutes ago, asterix said:

If BJP had limited only to these aggressive issues concerning Muslim, then it would have never lost the Secular Hindu votes. 

But the problem with BJP is completely different, where it became itself the aggressor, and went to such extreme that not only Muslim, but all the minorities are fearing BJP, including liberal Hindus. 

Actually BJP had to unite the votes against the extremist Muslims. But BJP did the entirely negative job and it totally divided and polarized the nation, where Muslims were not alone but they found allies in form of other minorities and Secular Hindus due to the mistakes of BJP. 

36 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

But the problem with BJP is completely different, where it became itself the aggressor, and went to such extreme that not only Muslim, but all the minorities are fearing BJP, including liberal Hindus. 

Actually BJP had to unite the votes against the extremist Muslims. But BJP did the entirely negative job and it totally divided and polarized the nation, where Muslims were not alone but they found allies in form of other minorities and Secular Hindus due to the mistakes of BJP. 

Not extremist Islam, but Islam itself. BJP or any patriotic government would do to Islam what India has already dont to Hinduism - the mosques should be run by central government approved boards. RAW/CBI should survail the mullahs to pass the 'stop talking about the violent parts of the Koran towards women, children and infidels' and if they stray, make them disappear. 

That is the only long-term way of controlling Islam and neutering it from within, along with making ALL religious charity point of origin or point of destination illegal. 

52 minutes ago, Alam_dar said:

If BJP had limited only to these aggressive issues concerning Muslim, then it would have never lost the Secular Hindu votes. 

There is nothing called secular Hindu vote. Its divided on region caste language history and leaders. India has 1.3 bilion people hence there are bound to be more than few politicians to be able to exploit those differences

its non Hindu vote which is united.

Edited by mishra

6 hours ago, Alam_dar said:
7 hours ago, asterix said:

This argument is not valid, as the people who were doing the riots in both eras were the right wing and supporters of BJP. 

No congress is the party that believed in riot politics for decades. That was used for votes,to create insecurity and to to distract from failures.

BjP has a far better record in keeping riots away.

8 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

When I see behaviour of Indian friends here at this forum, then I completely loose any hope for Pakistan. 

Indian friends at this forum are so much educated, but still religion successfully compels them to vote for BJP. If such thing could happen to educated Indian Hindu people, then Pakistanis are much less educated and religion of Islam has much bigger capability of brainwashing. 

India needs to be the lightening STAR in our region for democracy, human rights, Secularism, love and peace, so that other countries could follow the path of India. 

Why do you feel religion compelled people to vote for bjp.

With the exception of one or two...my extended family is bjp supporter.That is a lot of people.

Just talked to my modi bhakt mother....she is happy bjp lost in these states.....so that they come down to earth and get back on track for the big one.

We are not very religious and don't care.

People like us vote for development that helps the country. The only religious  aspect to it was that bjp would be able to control the islamic fundoos who were given a free reign under the previous govt.

But that does not mean people will tolerate bjo giving a free reign to hindu fundoos .

That is the difference they do not understand ,specially in terms of votes.

8 hours ago, AmreekanDesi said:

wait theres lot of reasons to criticise Modi but somehow promoting Hindi as a national language and having it develop as a unifying force in this huge country is what people are miffed at? Clearly wrong priorities. if Hindi can have its rightful place across Hindustan then it is only a good thing

Yep, its hindi belt trying to 'China' us and eat up our diversity like Mandarin did over the last 2000 years. Not gonna support that. 
If we need a common unifying language, the lingua franca of the entire world (English) is a far better choice for virtually every single reason that does not involve 'thumpa thumpa hindi pride' stuff. 

Hindi has no more 'rightful place' across hindustan, a historic amorphous SUBCONTINENT, than German or Russian have over Europe, also a historically amorphous continent. India is basically EU with an army and slightly more powerful parliament, spanning 71 years and may it continue for another 10,000. But not as 'homogenized China' wet dream of hindi-waadis but as the same, current ' EU with an army and slightly more legislative powers' model. Jai Hind. 

8 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

When I see behaviour of Indian friends here at this forum, then I completely loose any hope for Pakistan. 

Indian friends at this forum are so much educated, but still religion successfully compels them to vote for BJP. If such thing could happen to educated Indian Hindu people, then Pakistanis are much less educated and religion of Islam has much bigger capability of brainwashing. 

India needs to be the lightening STAR in our region for democracy, human rights, Secularism, love and peace, so that other countries could follow the path of India. 

Err most people don't vote for BJP due to their chaddi-giri. Most people vote for BJP because :

1. They have a better track record in security

2. They have a better track record in economic mega-projects ( but conversely, worse track record in day-to-day economic policies)

3. Anti-dynastic feelings towards the Gandhi-party, which should be the real name for the Congress party, as its not a party that has ever let a natural born Indian citizen be the leader of the party when a Gandhi family-name holding, politically active adult is alive. 

PS: We *ARE* lighting a star over the last 70 years when it comes to minorities that do not come from psychopath religion or are keen to peddle a crucifix in a box full of dollars to people who make 3 bucks a day. These are pretty much the ONLY minorities who have a problem with us. 

Last i checked, Jains and Parsees are the richest religious minority in India, by some distance, followed by Jews. Sikhs make up less than 3% of India's population but they make up ~25-30% of desis who have the ability to start a war (aka military). 

So for a nation that is effectively 60% literate AND the second largest population in the world, i don't know why that is not already commendable performance- especially given the neighborhood we live in. 

Edited by Muloghonto

7 hours ago, asterix said:

Chhattisgarh (and now PiChhattisgarh) almost went to Congress in the last elections too. Raman Singh somehow managed to save it last time but this time the game was over, however BJP/RSS didn’t revealed it so that not to discourage the RW...

Big difference between a crushing defeat and defeat and that too when maya/Jogi alliance was eating anti BJP votes

21 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I think it will be a hung parliament in 2019 and Mahagatbandhan will come into power. Question is who will be PM then? Surely likes of Mamta and Mayawati wont want RaGa as PM.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Luckily, 70% of the world is filled with water. We dont to find chullubhar pani at least. 

To lose to Congress with Rahul at helm is too get a golden duck on a batsman friendly wicket.  Modi did ask party men to accept recent defeat in 3 states with humility but it's a failure.  If Congress are still winning then people in the 3 states are lot aggrieved in the last 5 years. The frustration of people who voted is obviously seen in recent results.  

11 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Yep. 
Cow-politics is the biggest own-goal for BJP. Trying to go the whole 'fundoo hindu gau-mata' route not only pi$$es off the minorties, the moderate/non-practicing hindus,liberals, they also pi$$ off countless farmers for screwing them out of much needed $$ they get from the end-of-life cow business. Smart. Make a few chaddis happy but p!ss off far more people with the economic & religious impact of it. 

BJP is showing us, how to work hard at evaporating an overwhelming mandate inside of 2 election cycles.

TBH, i dont think there is a huge population of farmers who sell their cows for meat in north Indian states.  i am a village guy and i know that.  such reports are always exaggerated. most farmers have buffaloes and not cows because buffalo milk is better for butter and ghee production.

Edited by rkt.india

26 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

To lose to Congress with Rahul at helm is too get a golden duck on a batsman friendly wicket.  Modi did ask party men to accept recent defeat in 3 states with humility but it's a failure.  If Congress are still winning then people in the 3 states are lot aggrieved in the last 5 years. The frustration of people who voted is obviously seen in recent results.  

Simply put, Modi has to put the hammer down or vacate. BJP won in UP by playing the communal game in possibly *the* most communally charged state in India, by putting an uneducated chaddi (Adityanath) to magnify the communal effect. It worked, but he's bifurcated the party in the process, by super-charging the chaddi-bridage and pitting them against the 'shining India' side - the side that won it the national elections in the first place. 
Since then, Modi's hold & power over the party has been waning. He has to use this opportune loss to put the chaddis in place or else too much chaddi-giri by uneducated fools such as Yogi Adityanath will run undo all the hard work from Vajpayee era. 

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

TBH, i dont think there is a huge population of farmers who sell their cows for meat in north Indian states.  i am a village guy and i know that.  such reports are always exaggerated. most farmers have buffaloes and not cows because buffalo milk is better for butter and ghee production.

I don't think farmers care if they are sold for meat or sold for leather or whatever. But before this cow-bridage thing, we didn't actually have a problem with cow abandonment and stray, unowned cows all over the map like we do now. Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that cow-politics is an own goal, because i can garantee you there are still more farmers disadvantaged by it than chaddis who are proud of it. 

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

As of now India has 190 million cow population with 76 million adult cows while total buffalo population at 108 million with 56 million adult female buffalo.

https://www.nddb.coop/information/stats/pop

So more farmers have cows than buffaloes.

Please remember buffaloes require lots of water so large part of water scarcity region of India cannot do buffalo farming. And if farmers are taking so good care of cows then why do we have so many stray cows.

5 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Simply put, Modi has to put the hammer down or vacate. BJP won in UP by playing the communal game in possibly *the* most communally charged state in India, by putting an uneducated chaddi (Adityanath) to magnify the communal effect. It worked, but he's bifurcated the party in the process, by super-charging the chaddi-bridage and pitting them against the 'shining India' side - the side that won it the national elections in the first place. 
Since then, Modi's hold & power over the party has been waning. He has to use this opportune loss to put the chaddis in place or else too much chaddi-giri by uneducated fools such as Yogi Adityanath will run undo all the hard work from Vajpayee era. 

The majority has given a feeler before the next year elections that they are unhappy. Whatever the reasons for majority shifting  towards congress, now it is all upto BJP to do actually address people issues.