Latest from Perth: Ashwin and Rohit out of 2nd test

Cricketics

12 minutes ago, Samcric said:

Not really, wicket is expected to play up and down from the 4th day. In the Sheffield Shield match, cracks started to appear because of the heat. So chasing more than 200 would be very difficult in the 4th innings. If you bat first and can survive till lunch without losing more than 2 wickets, things will ease out substantially and that team would enjoy the best of conditions. Other minor advantage would be that the seamers of team batting first will get an additional day to rest. If India bat first and make the Aussie fast bowlers bowl 100 plus overs in the heat, they will wilt. India should bat first if they win the toss. This test series will be about the fitness of the fast bowlers - ability to come back for 3rd, 4th and 5th spells.

temps are high only on day one, max at 35 degrees.  After that, it will be cloudy and max temp not breaching even 30 degrees.

22 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

If its a similar green track to Joburg 2018 (where spinners are redundant) then Kohli will likely go in with 4 front line pacers and no spinner. If he does pick a spinner, I reckon he'd rather go for Jadeja due to his superior batting. I'd go for Kuldeep if a spinner warranted. 

last time Kuldeep played a test overseas , he struggled to bowl 10 overs

17 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

that's because he was playing as a second spinner on a green top; his own batting side folding to a low total due to pace bowling. Yet people expected miracles from him. Opposition batsmen were keen to attack him as facing spin bowling in that game was a relief from pace bowling and given the fact that India scored a low total there was not much pressure on them t- so they could play in a relaxed Manner without pressure, which always brings out the best performance. See how English batsmen played Shane Warne in 1997 Edgbaston test, really easily despite it being 4th innings as they were chasing a low total. Context is key. 

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

why would you need Vihari to bowl 20-25 overs? he will replace Rohit and not Ashwin.  Ashwin will probably be replaced by BK.

He will have to fill in some overs if we play 4 seamers. You can't expect 4 fast bowlers to bowl 22-23 overs each in a day to complete 90 overs. Even if they bowl 17 overs each on average, you are left with 22 overs. Though I shudder to think of Shami bowling 20 overs in a day if needed.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

It was the greenest track in recent memory with the ball not spinning even an inch. How can we judge him based on that, given that was his first test outside India? Agreed he still can't play as lone spinner overseas but he shouldn't be judged based on that lone match.

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

temps are high only on day one, max at 35 degrees.  After that, it will be cloudy and max temp not breaching even 30 degrees.

here you go:

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/fremantle-doctor-won-t-blow-in-at-optus-stadium-20181213-p50m1s.html

When it comes to temperatures, I go with what the locals expect. weather forecast sites on Google can predict rain maybe, not how hot or cold it may get.

2 hours ago, G_B_ said:

a blessing on Rohit.

I think I would prefer Bhuvi. But if we pick Umesh i dont see it as being a negative as we are playing 6 proper frontline batters.

I am sure Vihari if needed can chip in with 10 overs in a day.

umesh on a green surface is no-no, i hve seen him spraying the ball n wasting it on such surface. On such wkts u just have to put the ball in right areas thats it, umesh cnt do that and will give runs which can be dangerous on bowling friendly wkts .

15 minutes ago, Khota said:

Why do they misrepresent and say injured? Why not simple say benched.

coz they are injured

they wnt drop ashwin after last game and if they want to they ll say it we did that with bhuvi in SA

in rohit's case may be they are saving him till sydeny patta wkt coz aisi pitch pe rohit LOI men nhin chal sakta test to bahut duur ki baat hai