Dhoni justifying players decision to skip domestic cricket

tweaker

MS Dhoni admits that he learned a lot from N Srinivasan

https://www.crictracker.com/ms-dhoni-admits-that-he-learned-a-lot-from-n-srinivasan/

“You can love him, you can hate him, but you can’t ignore him. Majority of us definitely fall into the first category. I was fortunate to have been able to spend a lot of time with him, got to understand life, how you’re supposed to deal with failures, how you’re not supposed to give up, how to keep helping others to make sure they perform to their potential.” Dhoni said as quoted by India Today

MS Dhoni about his first interaction with N Srinivasan

The former Indian captain shared details about his first meeting with Srinivasan. Srinivasan met the team during a Test match when he had just become BCCI treasurer. The respected industrialist enquired players if the payments have been made to them. When he was informed that players have to wait for a long time to get payments he took steps to amend it.

“My first interaction [with Srinivasan] was during a Test match when he became the [BCCI] Treasurer. He came in during a break and enquired about the payment. One of our cricketers said, ‘if we are lucky we will get it after four months’. Srinivasan looked around and said – ‘why is it that they have to wait four months for their payment’. It was looked after that.” Dhoni added

Dhoni learnt a lot from Srinivasan

MS Dhoni admitted that he learnt a lot from the renowned industrialist. The former Indian captain claimed that Srinivasan believed in playing hard but fair.

“I got to learn a lot out of him. The interactions have been very friendly because I was with CSK for the longest time. Whenever CSK was going through a rough phase, a lot of interactions were about how we don’t mind the opposition winning the game. We don’t want to lose the game. He is someone who has played it very hard but very fair. With Srini sir, it was a very special bonding.” Dhoni said.

Farookh Engineer and Rusi Surti were not picked for India's tour of WI in 1971 as both of them did not play Ranji Trophy prior to the series.  It was abig decision considering Farookh Engineer was a big player then considering the other wicket-keeper was Krishnamurty who could not hold the bat. The current selectors are cowards bowing to all sorts of pressure.

Edited by Straight Drive
2 hours ago, Suhaan said:

No wonder,he has fallen so deep as a person

As a fan of his it hurts to see him behave this way his reflexes have slowed down and batting is past it so very disappointed with how he has conducted himself.He had his time him retiring two years back would have given us Pant/Ishan being tried out and being part of team but our captain is also a clueless person who feels Rayudu is find at number 4.