Don’t select Pandya for the 4th test in Sydney!

SecondSlip

We have won 2 tests in Aus without Pandya. For every performance of Pandya there will be 5 matches where he does filth and India will lose. He will make <10 runs and barely take a wicket. Yeah his oval performance was one off before which he lost several matches.

No pandya please. India should go with Ashwin simply for SCG in place of Rohit Sharma. Reliably you will get 20+ runs and being spinners pitch he will get wickets. If Ashwin is not fit, I will go with Bhuvneshwar than this rubbish Pandya.

Bowling should be Ashwin, jaddu, Bumrah, Shami, Ishant.

2 hours ago, R!TTER said:

I'm assuming everyone in the squad is match fit, otherwise there's no need for them to be there.

Neither is Ishant, I'm yet to see a match winning spell from him in the last year - be it SA/England or Aus.

Have you seen Ishant's avg in Aus & don't bring up his SA, Eng tour last year! Of course he has to, remind us what's Ishant's number with the new ball here down under or overall? Now if you're gonna use the (flat) pitches excuse, the same case can be made for Kumar. If you're using this series numbers then why does Kumar not stand a chance given he's by far our most consistent new ball bowler?

Yeah & the guy you're talking about sat for a full day at the Oval leaving the rest of the bowlers picking up his load!

Past does not matter. Ishant is averaging 23 this series.  In the past spinners have struggled in Australia but this they have taken 11 wickets in 2 tests for us. So several things are different.

28 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Seriously? I have had enough of this bull on this forum that Pandya won us the game! Go check the score card. India had scored a good total, without Pandya's contribution in the first innings itself. The initial wickets were already taken by Bumrah and Ishant. I honestly dont want to put down anyones hard work. So, I wont go as far as saying that it was easy wickets for Pandya, but lets just say it was his day which comes every summer solistice. The hard work was done by Bumrah and Ishant.

If you go on harping that Pandya won us the game, then why dont you credit Bumrah? Who took the 5'fer in the 2nd innings which was crucial? Go figure!!!

How about the rest of the matches in the series which we lost because of the inefficiency of Pandya? He was beyond horrible! Thats what he is. If you want to credit someone, be ready to take the blame too!

Blame others too for the loss. Shami averaging 38, Ashwin flop show. Drop them too then.

14 hours ago, R!TTER said:

As compared to someone who's sticking with his 21+ avg crap, why don't you go **** somewhere else?

That's BS, Adelaide swung so did Perth! England won 2010/11 on the basis of swing. Go back to your cave & read why the new ball swings, even in Aus!

And your *ing lord who still avg just under 35 will use it to what effect?

What bounce are you talking about, the same **** which makes Ishant avg over 50 on flat Aussie tracks before this tour? He is the worst pacer to have bowled in Aus, probably ever.

You are the only one here or are you in mood to joke around here?

Well,who does drop a player who is performing great,on basis of his past exploits?

He is bad,im not advocating to not look for his able replacements? But,kumar, seriously?:hysterical:

How many times do we need to tell you Ishant is doing fine

Why would you drop him when he shouldn't be?

Kumar,is a dud in these flat roads,get that

Edited by beetle
14 hours ago, Suhaan said:

You are the only one here or are you in mood to joke around here?

Well,who does drop a player who is performing great,on basis of his past exploits?

He is bad,im not advocating to not look for his able replacements? But,kumar, seriously?:hysterical:

How many times do we need to tell you Ishant is doing fine

Why would you drop him when he shouldn't be?

Kumar,is a dud in these flat roads,get that

Says the guy who couldn't spot swing in Aus.

Who the heck do you propose then, let me guess - lord Pandya :cheer5:

If it's a flat road then it'll likely be a high scoring draw, in which case toss could be the crucial decider.

Edited by beetle
24 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Blame others too for the loss. Shami averaging 38, Ashwin flop show. Drop them too then.

Never supported Ashwin. And Shami, well just look at the record. It speaks for itself. One can accept ill performance ( btw, he was under tremendous mental stress) in one series. Shami is crucial for the team. He is one of the best support bowlers and if required, can also play as the lead bowler. Then again, like I have always said no bowler can be a magician. Nobody can take 10 wickets in 10 balls if thats what you expect.

4 hours ago, velu said:

bhai .. you want pappu to open the innings based on his few cameos in test cricket , but you dont want pandya who has few more performances to show with both bat and ball 

Velu Ji, 

The ONLY reason why I want Pappu to open the innings is because we have no other opening options in the squad. Rahul is so badly out of form and Vijay should never play for India again. Unfortunately, Shaw got injured at the worst time or else we wouldn’t even be having this discussion and Shaw-Agarwal would have opened in Sydney. 

The selectors should never have selected Vijay for this series, they guy is finished. He should have been sent back to India and replaced after the Perth test but our selectors didn’t do it. As for Rahul, he is so out of form that he can’t even score 10 runs, he’s basically a walking wicket at this point. 

Considering these factors, Pappu’s cameos of 30-40 runs will blunt the new ball and allow our middle order to take advantage. As I said before, the selectors didn’t pick the right opening batsmen for this tour, we are stuck. 

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Seriously? I have had enough of this bull on this forum that Pandya won us the game! Go check the score card. India had scored a good total, without Pandya's contribution in the first innings itself.

When u take 5 wkts in a span of 6 overs u have won ur team a match, when u change the game in a short span of time thats impact 

U had enough coz u dnt wanna handle the truth 

The initial wickets were already taken by Bumrah and Ishant. I honestly dont want to put down anyones hard work. So, I wont go as far as saying that it was easy wickets for Pandya, but lets just say it was his day which comes every summer solistice. The hard work was done by Bumrah and Ishant.

If you go on harping that Pandya won us the game, then why dont you credit Bumrah? Who took the 5'fer in the 2nd innings which was crucial? Go figure!!!

Who is counting his contribution out , u win a game with team effort but someone effort is mostly the game changing one and pandya was one simple as that 

How about the rest of the matches in the series which we lost because of the inefficiency of Pandya? He was beyond horrible! Thats what he is. If you want to credit someone, be ready to take the blame too!

so only pandya was insufficent what about others. Everyone was as inconsistent apart from bowlers n kohli 

the statement is just scrceaming i wanna prove myself right  but aint helping since ur focus is just him and team is about 11 players

Edited by Ankit_sharma03