Using 50 words or less in our posts

zen

3 hours ago, CSK Fan said:

I dunno where op is coming from. All the trolling and baiting I have seen are all short posts. All the good discussions have been longer posts with researched or intuitive points

can you give one example of any good discussion with longer posts and long replies ? 

when comes to cricket , most of our discussions are whether you like apple or oranges kind ..

your long arguments might fit very well when comes to politics , general discussions and rarely fit for cricket unless we are doing a match analysis

3 hours ago, velu said:

can you give one example of any good discussion with longer posts and long replies ? 

when comes to cricket , most of our discussions are whether you like apple or oranges kind ..

your long arguments might fit very well when comes to politics , general discussions and rarely fit for cricket unless we are doing a match analysis

Take any good thread. I gave an example of the fast bowling thread where we are discussing upcoming bowlers. How do you describe, give examples and have discussions in less than 50 words? All genuine discussions are longer the  50 words

This would actually bring the forum quality down.

To give you guys an example this is how it would look

Gulab Jamun: Sachin loser Dhoni Hero.

Yadav: Dhoni CSK quota.Sachin Champion

Bengali Radish Curry: Sachin and Dhoni symbolizes the typical , oppressive patriarchal mindset that plagues this country where women and Dalits are subjugated to do the menial work hence perpetuating their subordination which has been going since the times of Brahminical domination where they were treated as second class citizens and were made to stay at the bottom of the ladder in the prevailing social stratification hierarchy also known as caste system. Also Canadian Punjabis suck and Bengal produced more grains per capita than Punjab during Mughal period.

(Yeah he would most likely cross the 50 words limit)

4 hours ago, velu said:

Appears as if to defend likes of Bhuvi (or portray him unnecessarily in good light), one would need to tell bedtime stories, which would require more words :lol:

Edited by zen
26 minutes ago, zen said:

Appears as if to defend likes of Bhuvi (or portray him unnecessarily in good light), one would need to tell bedtime stories, which would require more words :lol:

I like how blind you are in so many aspects of things and you yourself dont realize. For example, you take pride in the fact that you supported Pujara in tests. Kohli thought he was too slow in tests. People judged him based on his limited over performance. You are proud as you saw beyond the strike rate and knew what a test batsman is

On the other hand the exact same logic is applicable to Bhuvi. people blindly judge him by pace. His test record is stellar and he has shown amazing class in every single test he has played in last few years. Kohli doesnt want him based only on speed gun reading. Yet you are making the same mistake pujara haters made in tests, you think he is one dimensional, too slow, judge him based on his LOI performance, etc, etc when his actual test performance is completely the opposite

If you cannot see the obvious double standards here, what can one say. 

3 minutes ago, CSK Fan said:

I like how blind you are in so many aspects of things and you yourself dont realize. For example, you take pride in the fact that you supported Pujara in tests. Kohli thought he was too slow in tests. People judged him based on his limited over performance. You are proud as you saw beyond the strike rate and knew what a test batsman is

On the other hand the exact same logic is applicable to Bhuvi. people blindly judge him by pace. His test record is stellar and he has shown amazing class in every single test he has played in last few years. Kohli doesnt want him based only on speed gun reading. Yet you are making the same mistake pujara haters made in tests, you think he is one dimensional, too slow, judge him based on his LOI performance, etc, etc when his actual test performance is completely the opposite

Bhuvi can be played in conditions that suit his bowling (and he has been played there which is reflected in his numbers). My point is more about not considering him an automatic choice except may be in T20s 

(less than 40 words, no bedtime stories!) 

1 hour ago, CSK Fan said:

See answer to this post would be

1.bhuvi has hardly played on non supportive flat tracks in test matches hence the average

2. You need batsman of caliber like puj in test matches and kohli was damn wrong on that.

See explained in Less than 50 words

Simple.

Disagree, this is a fun forum and not a high school paper with word limit. And how is concrete analysis possible with such limits, rather use twitter then. Posters are here to share their passion for the sport and soak in some gyaan, anecdotes, differing view points from others...why miss out on that stuff? If you notice, only the low IQ irritating trolls on this forum adhere to one line comments, we can do with less of that. 

28 minutes ago, Gollum said:

And how is concrete analysis possible with such limits, rather use twitter then. 

Are you referring to posting stats from cricinfo or articles? If so, words would be the ones you write (not words in stats or articles) .... this discussion is about regular posts, you could even write an article in the original post (OP) 

Edited by zen
1 hour ago, zen said:

Are you referring to posting stats from cricinfo or articles? If so, words would be the ones you write (not words in stats or articles) .... this discussion is about regular posts, you could even write an article in the original post (OP) 

What if I want to post a detailed rebuttal to OP? Some arguments and discussions can't be compressed to XYZ word limit. Some of the best posts I have seen on ICF have been long winding essays. I personally love to engage in deep conversations, if posters don't like that they can skip those posts. Ultimately it boils down to a matter of choice, I don't open half the threads because those topics don't interest me. 

Edited by Gollum
Just now, Gollum said:

What if I want to post a detailed rebuttal to OP. Some arguments and discussions can't be compressed to XYZ word limit. Some of the best posts I have seen on ICF have been long winding essays. I personally love to engage in deep conversations, if posters don't like that they can skip those posts. Ultimately it boils sown to a matter of choice, I don't open half the threads because those topics don't interest me. 

Give a shot at posting succinctly and see if it works!  .... who knows you may like it